cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Please helpšŸ™

Just got a email from eBay saying my account has been permanently suspended yet I click my items and they are there or so they seem.

What could be going on?

I have been behaving like Iā€™ve always behaved on eBay since 1998.

Got some private email from eBay England this morning and it looked suspicious so I deleted it and didnā€™t click on anything in it as I donā€™t ship Internationally.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Please helpšŸ™

@silverstatetreasureboxes Brain fried from the heat?  I had to go find it myself, as I haven't used it in quite some time.

evry1nositswindy  ā€¢  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

Did you check to see if the email appeared in your Ebay emails?  Or did it just come to your registered email account with Ebay?

Many times when a spoof email happens it can be easy to see mistakes in the email.  Especially in the address in which it came from.

Please make sure you forward the entire email to spoof@ebay.com

If you want to copy and paste the email into the thread, blacking out any personal info.  We may be able to point you to what we see in it that is concerning.

mam98031  ā€¢  Volunteer Community Member  ā€¢  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 17 of 25
latest reply

"She said scams are in full force, generally speaking. She did not say the "grandparent scam" was happening on eBay specifically.

I assume Silver was talking about this: https://www.fcc.gov/grandparent-scams-get-more-sophisticated

This happened to my cousin here in Chicago. The scammer called her and said her grandson had been in a terrible car accident, and the hospital needed a deposit before they could admit him to Er. They wanted her cc..and she almost fell for it.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

ā€œNever pick a fight with an ugly person. They donā€™t have anything to lose.ā€ ~Robin Williams
Message 18 of 25
latest reply

It's sad @bonjourami @silverstatetreasureboxes . They bank on your fear overriding your common sense.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 19 of 25
latest reply

@jewelbiz 

No way!  This is a scam! You've got one of the nicest most interesting shops I've seen.

Get hold of the facebook people:

https://www.facebook.com/ebayForBusiness/

They'll set it straight.  Ridiculous! Seeing so many odd things on this site lately.  Gotta wonder what's going on.  

I wish you Good luck and all good things

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

@ckimodog wrote:

Seeing so many odd things on this site lately.  Gotta wonder what's going on. 

It may not necessarily have anything to do with this site, and may just be a routine email scam sent out in bulk. The OP has been very light on the details, such as how and where the message was received, and from what account (not eBay, presumably).

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

I see 100 active listings without restriction. I think you're fine.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

@tools* wrote:

@silverstatetreasureboxes wrote:

PS, I won't ask what's going on in your NYC, we know.

Okay, I'll bite. What is going on in our NYC that you know about?

@tools*

You're joking, right? 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

Do you mean the peculiar odor of BO and bronzer emanating from lower Manhattan?

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

In this case, no need to contact them.  Their store is fine, they're not restricted, and there's no reason for them to do that.  Forwarding the email as instructed by others is all that will be helpful to do.

Message 25 of 25
latest reply