cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo Uploader NOT working September 20, 2019

brian@ebay, @Anonymous 

Its about 10:15 AM EST and the Photo Uploader is not working on two separate accounts on two separate computers running two different versions of Windows (8.1 and 7.0).  Error message is (SD009)

1. Cleared history, cookies, temp internet file, etc.

2. Shutdown and restarted

3. Tried the new pics for the listings I am working on AND older pics from known good listings

4. Tried loading from the computer's Document files AND directly from the disc from the camera

5. I tried one pic at a time and the entire set for a listing

6. I tried it on 3 different listing Drafts

7. I tried adding a pic to an existing ACTIVE listing

So far, same results ... photos will not load

Screenshot (1694).png

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 95
latest reply
94 REPLIES 94

Re: Photo Uploader NOT working September 20, 2019

Having same issue!
Message 31 of 95
latest reply

eBay is a very large company and should have 24/7 staff to cover Technical Issues and The Boards (where many Technical Issues are reported).

Sellers (and eBay's) businesses are being negatively impacted, which negatively impacts Sales and Revenue. 

I must say that I thought the same thing.  Obviously they had some tech wizards plinking around late at night creating these issues.  And I imagine many folks called into customer support complaining last night/early this morning.  So why couldn't anyone let those tech wizards know that they broke something?  Makes absolutely no sense.

Message 32 of 95
latest reply

@_spud_ wrote:

Have I traveled back in time?   Is it really August 20th?

It's like "Back To The Future" ... eBay will fix the glitches eventually and we'll all go back to August 20th (when they didn't exist). 

Message 33 of 95
latest reply

@abfabvintage wrote:

brian@ebay 

Hi, Brian. THANK YOU for responding. I don't much care about Member to Member. PLEASE fix the photo AND the label problems. Member to Member problem does not affect sellers listing, no photos and no labels does. Am sure you are on this since we have now the weekend upon us. Thank you for all of your hard work on this. 

Hi @abfabvintage, I'm happy to share any information I have as the day progresses! The System Status page will also be updated when these issues are resolved.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 34 of 95
latest reply

@_spud_ wrote:

Given that I designed and tested apps for over a decade, I can't believe a company of this size would have such a major meltdown in so many different areas - Sounds like you'll soon have job openings in your tech and business analysis departments.

I think soon, there might be job openings in Management too.

Message 35 of 95
latest reply

Mine not working either of two computers .. .win8 and win 10. I'm also EST and been a few hours here for me also that I keep getting errors. I am ready to call tech support at eBay but I bet the wait time will be all day just to hear system problem!
Message 36 of 95
latest reply

Still doesnt work. Photos won't upload. New Orleans central time 11:35 am, hasnt worked all morning i tried at 6 am.

Message 37 of 95
latest reply

brian@ebay 

Thanks Bry. But you ARE hopeful this will be fixed to get us through the weekend? I know you can't promise, but this recent problem will be resolved before all of you guys go home...right? Not being disrespectful, but it is Friday. Again, am sure you are working hard on this...even if someone comes up with the usual "workaround" would work for those of us who need this weekend to list/sell/send labels for sales. 

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 38 of 95
latest reply

So nothing is operational?

There really needs to be one of those hostile takeovers. 

Just one bad decision and disaster after another.

Message 39 of 95
latest reply

@bogtwo wrote:

eBay is a very large company and should have 24/7 staff to cover Technical Issues and The Boards (where many Technical Issues are reported).

Sellers (and eBay's) businesses are being negatively impacted, which negatively impacts Sales and Revenue. 

I must say that I thought the same thing.  Obviously they had some tech wizards plinking around late at night creating these issues.  And I imagine many folks called into customer support complaining last night/early this morning.  So why couldn't anyone let those tech wizards know that they broke something?  Makes absolutely no sense.

Imagine the damage that could be done internally by disgruntled employees. Theoretically, of course.

Why does ebay have sooooo many problems that affect so many sellers that

go on and on and on and on...

-------------
Posting ID
Message 40 of 95
latest reply

First try to ship by going directly to the transaction details in paypal ( click on the transaction in the list) and there will be a ship option among the other ones under the area that says OK TO SHIP TO.

If that doesn't work, then here is an alternate url to access the paypal stand alone shipping. I have had it for years and has always worked for me in a pinch. Make sure that you are actively logged into paypal before entering this url. It never fails me in the end to find a way to ship and print out the labels on my home computer! You will have to enter the ship to information manually.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

I have given this out to eBay tech in the past and I believe they still share this url to people on a one on one basis. I know they thanked me for saving it all these years and it still works!!!
Message 41 of 95
latest reply

@silverlotus898 wrote:

Still doesnt work. Photos won't upload. New Orleans central time 11:35 am, hasnt worked all morning i tried at 6 am.

Still not working Athens, GA USA 12:47pmEST

Message 42 of 95
latest reply

brian@ebay  Wrote: Hi @mr_lincoln, we are aware of some site issues that are effecting image uploads, label printing, and member to member messages. We are working to get these resolved ASAP! I'll update this thread when I have new information to share. Thanks everyone! 

Hey Brian, first and foremost, thank you for dropping in on the thread and posting ... I'm sure the photo uploader will get straightened out.  ALSO, thank you for CORRECTING my month mistake in the Title from August 20 to September 20 ... I REALLY appreciate that ... yep, I was focused on posting accurate details on what I tried and missed the correct month ...

Best regards,

Mr. L

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 43 of 95
latest reply

brian@ebay 

Not to take you away from trying to solve this major problem? I just clicked on this Status thingy...(have never gone there in my lifetime here)...it says:

Today at 01:00AM PDT
We are aware of a service disruption related to Listing, and are looking into the situation?. This page will be updated as we know more.

Isn't there some other more efficient and immediate way to alert sellers on the ebay site?  I just looked at DownDetector...problems were noted starting at 8:52 am eastern time (5:52 yours)...and an @askebay Japan where they announced the problem. So do we all need to go to Down detector every time there is a problem to get a report? JMO?

Would think if sellers had seen this notice, ebay would not have awakened today with a ton of individual threads asking the same questions: Photo problems? Label Problems? Particularly on a TGIF. JMO.

You can reply to this once the fixes/workarounds are done. Thanks.

Maybe ebay can include some kind of notice in Announcements which I usually access from my Seller summary/FB Page. 

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 44 of 95
latest reply

Times like this it helps to have the old brick n mortar street front retail spot. Maybe a pop-up is in order.

Message 45 of 95
latest reply