cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only Selling Small Items Moving Forward

"Not as Described" is a joke. Will only sell and ship small scale items moving forward. Local auction houses and stores. eBay doesn't care about their sellers, who are also their bread and butter. Shipping supplies and shipping itself is too expensive to be able to loose so much money on a return. No thanks. This is my first year looking for different venues. Tired of the policies on this site that do not provide support for sellers. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Good luck to you, but you may find that the same rules apply everywhere and if they don't then there is always the dreaded chargeback. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

True. But let a shop/ auction house deal with the logistics. Much easier. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Shipping labels definitely add up. Buyers don't care. You as a seller have an endless supply of money to ship items. In the world of free returns from one major online seller and most people just giving each other digital gift cards for gifts from that very same major seller, most buyers are likely out of touch on actual shipping costs. 

Also.... what happens when you provide a prepaid label and they use the largest box they can find? 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@windycityart4u 

I like your shop.  Nice art work etc.  Don't let one day get you down.  Most are singing your praises as a seller.  That's nice too. 

Happy Aloha Friday everyone

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I understand completely the shipping kills sellers here even without a return and makes it almost impossible to make $$. But you should ask yourself what can you do to improve and have less or no returns ?

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Its not about the return. It is about the size of the item is the problem. The logistics of spending hours carefully packaging an item that cost over $100 dollars to ship out. Then having to pay for return shipping when a buyer opens a "not as described" case. Too much work. Too much hassle. Moving the big items locally so I don't have to deal with the logistics mess and abusive eBay return policy. Smaller items are easy for returns. Less cost I have to eat if a buyer opens a return. Trust me. For example, if I ship a cello, it costs over $1000.00. Better take it locally. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Thanks a lot. Appreciate it. Appreciate the support. Nice store as well. Have a wonderful weekend. Sometimes its good to vent.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@windycityart4u wrote:

Thanks a lot. Appreciate it. Appreciate the support. Nice store as well. Have a wonderful weekend. Sometimes its good to vent.

Sometimes it is a necessity to vent 😊 good luck going forward.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 10 of 10
latest reply