cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One for the good guys.

It took 20 years but I finally had someone do the buy, SNAD, return garbage trick.

If it twernt for two "brave" souls willing to violate ebay policy and leave false positives for the same buyer I would have had nothing to work with.

Called it in, pointed to that feedback, plead my case...boom, buyer is NARU'd.

I'm not a total convert to ebay's way of doing things but this time it worked out...still lost $30 but I got that back in smug satisfaction.

...there is hope yet.

Why some fool would throw their ebay days away for $30 is waaaay beyond me.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: One for the good guys.

Had a fourth seller contact me. 

This guy hit probably more. 

That's why sellers NEED to report.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Had a fourth seller contact me. 

This guy hit probably more. 

That's why sellers NEED to report.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I'm glad you got the scammer removed.

If sellers would open Disputes (I assume that's what you mean by Reports) then those buyers with "too many" NADs would be on eBay's radar much faster than a few false positives, which no other seller will ever see.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Yes, sellers are not reporting buyers as much as they should.

For the ones who claim I'm calling all buyers bad... reporting a buyer is simply telling ebay to take a closer look at them. Buyers do not get immediate penalties once a seller reports... they aren't that trigger happy with buyers.

If a buyer that I report turns out to be legitimate, then I'm sure ebay will not pursue them any further. And that's fine with me. Leave it to ebay to sort them out.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

Leave it to ebay to sort them out.

I'd like there to be a better way but we have to use what we got.

This time it worked...maybe a bit slow, but it did work.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@robot-hands wrote:

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

I'd go online, at the very least, and file a mail fraud report.  Be good to get this person on the USPS "radar" as well.  If it was any amount of money, I'd file a police report, too. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@thevintagesilvershop wrote:

@robot-hands wrote:

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

I'd go online, at the very least, and file a mail fraud report.  Be good to get this person on the USPS "radar" as well.  If it was any amount of money, I'd file a police report, too. 

Yeah, especially if they decide to just get a new account - they would have to move, too.  Smiley Surprised

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

Yeah, especially if they decide to just get a new account - they would have to move, too.  Smiley Surprised

Not really. I had someone that attempted to buy from me THREE times on THREE new accounts after doing the cc-chargeback thing the first time. Each time, I had to call Ebay and explain that I am not selling to this person. Same name, same address, even same email... just different Ebay ID! And all his IDs were active! Took them 3 days to "investigate".

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Great work

Message 9 of 9
latest reply