cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh, boy. Sales, where art Thou?

Sloooow down. Not much activity. Guess we'll just have to buckle down and endure. Wishing all you sellers safety and better days ahead.   Bill

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Oh, boy. Sales, where art Thou?

Yeah, I'm experiencing the same thing. Only 15 items sold this month. Apparently shopping on ebay takes too much effort against worrying about this virus thing. It would be nice if ebay would help out their sellers by temporarily reducing store fee costs.
Message 2 of 31
latest reply

I would expect a slow down on non essential stuff right now as people are nervous about ecomomic disaster at this point. Save some funds, cut down on some inventory purchases for the time being, and hope this bug gets stabilized fairly quickly. That meaning possibly several months at least.

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

Slow for me too, but I am hoping when all the panic toilet paper buying subsides, people will start shopping online since so many are stuck at home.  Im still getting sales, but about half what they should be.

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

Monthly subscription fees should be put on hold now and should have been put on hold last autumn per this ebay admission:

"We do not take these interruptions lightly and we’re committed to working harder for you and your business.

When asking sellers to update their listings, as part of a Seller Update, we will not make multiple updates and item specifics requirements simultaneously. We will instead make changes gradually so the flow on effect is not felt all at once by our sellers. We will not be making any further planned changes in 2019 so our sellers can focus on holiday."

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

5 big sales for me this month so far. LOL "Big" -- 2 orders were under $8.50 shipping included--gross less than $70. Dismal.
Like others, I have other stuff to worry about so can't do much but batten down the hatches. Today is my last day on the job, we have been furloughed until at least April 6--non-essential workers. Will fill out my unemployment on Monday but it pays far less than working. Sigh. Out of my hands.
Stay safe and start your spring cleaning, get in them closets ! Always stuff to do. I have 2 weeks worth just in yard work.
Message 6 of 31
latest reply

Oh they will come back, there is only so much time people can't purchase anything. And when they do it, will be a flood.
Message 7 of 31
latest reply

funchoice
Thrill-Seeker

Yes, sit tight. We will be fine. Take care and have a good health to all of you.

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

It appears by the latest release from EBay that on wednesday 3-25 we will know what that is. It says defer? so I guess just hang in there and stay safe for sure

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

With millions out of work and millions more to come-sales are in the toilet for many of us

as you indicate we have to go with the flow

I am cancelling a lot of items have that have Good to Cancel .just making $ for Ebay

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

I started that when GTC started  only allowing my free listings to occur  and will keep it up forever as long as GTC continues.

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

Best move I made last year was to downsize my store and remind myself that ebay is a hobby as long as I keep working. GTC was the last straw for me and I am saving money every month since last June (2019).
Message 12 of 31
latest reply

No sales since Tuesday but most of my customers are other dealers, theatres, film sets, Vintage shops or formal going out customers, none of which we can do at the moment. All my hats for weddings & Racing events will just be more vintage next year. Stay safe all of you.
Message 13 of 31
latest reply

This month was going bonkers with great sales until last week when it all came to a screeching halt. I think it will come back, just not for awhile. It would be nice if eBay could help with store fees during this unprecedented slowdown.
Message 14 of 31
latest reply

If Ebay were smart, they would remove any GTC listing fees now during the crisis and let the sellers post as many listings as possible for free. Everyone is home and has time on their hands.

Next, Ebay should advertise that and let the world know that there are many more listings of things out there in Ebayland.

The buyers would then get some interest to see what is now out there.

Imagine the position Ebay and us sellers would be in when things finally turn around and the pent up demand is uncoiled! They would also still pick up some random sales now.

It would be a win win for everyone then - Ebay, sellers, and buyers. Maybe at a level not seen before?

Message 15 of 31
latest reply