cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[][][] Scrounge Lounge - Holiday Season 2021 [][][]

Welcome to the Scrounge Lounge 

Gearing up for the Holiday Season. How are sales? What's working (or not working) for you?

Our History: The Scrounge Lounge formed on the old Auction Listings board 18 years ago in 2003.
We appreciate eBay allowing us to transfer to the new Selling Board.

Who are we? eBay buyers and sellers who love the thrill of the hunt and the thrill of the $ELL.
We find treasures in the usual, and at times, unusual places.
Here in the Lounge we share our finds, talk about sales, share our successes and our mistakes, we ask and answer questions, help identify widgets, and we'd love to hear about all your scrounging adventures!

Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

I try to stick to BIN with Best Offer. I love the feature that allows us to make an offer to watchers. It seems to be resulting in sales about half the time. 

A clerk at the PO warned me (a week or so ago) that mail will be moving slow and I've already noticed 😞

Some packages seem to move at a good pace but I've got a couple that show no movement at all. No rhyme or reason as to why.

Message 2 of 60
latest reply

@kaykakfs wrote:

A clerk at the PO warned me (a week or so ago) that mail will be moving slow and I've already noticed 😞

Some packages seem to move at a good pace but I've got a couple that show no movement at all. No rhyme or reason as to why.

It's possible certain geographic areas were hit harder with the vaccine mandate for postal employees--and even with the virus itself, as far as that goes--and are operating with reduced staffing levels.

Message 3 of 60
latest reply

Yes, global pandemic is the key answer 😁

Message 4 of 60
latest reply

Bookmarking... good luck for 4th quarter everyone. 

Message 5 of 60
latest reply

I think all my packages shook loose and have (finally) been delivered. 

Had my first NPB of the season. Took me way too long to figure out the new way to cancel on a non-payer. Actually it's quite easy now. I guess with payments being collected by ebay it simplifies the process.

Don't forget tomorrow is Veterans Day. No mail. 

I've been running around all day... do I want to go back out to get a cross-country package in the mail or wait till Friday? No reply necessary. I'm going to relax and have a cup of tea before I decide. 

Message 6 of 60
latest reply

Auction outside yesterday in a light rain.  Hundreds of boxes of absolute trash, dirty low-end flea market stuff that sat in a garage for years. I found three roses among the thorns.   A box of maybe 20 or 30 printed cross stitch unopened bags for five bucks, a box of old books (I can’t resist) for ten and a box with a couple of nice large carved animals for five.  

Got a Waterford crystal mantle clock at a church sale this morning for three dollars, and four pieces of Bybee pottery, including a fairly scarce piggy bank, for a couple dollars each.   My better half is very happy - she has a cupboard full of the stuff. 

Message 7 of 60
latest reply

Hi All--

Glad I found this new thread.  Thank you Kay 🙂

Can't believe it's almost mid Nov already !!

Have been busy here with us trying to get all out outside work done.  Mr. mowed yesterday & also sucked up the leaves from the yard.

It's windy as all get out today & needless to say the yard if full again...

Kyal, sounds like you found some great items.

Kay, glad your packages were all delivered.  Sorry about the npb though... 😞

It's on the nippy side today.  Plus the wind is really going crazy out there.

OS & Sofie are both home sick with bad sinus inf's...  I took him some soup over...  Cheddar potato...  I'm hoping he liked it, if he can taste it with his stuffy nose...

Sofie won't eat it though.  Sadly they didn't bring her up to eat soup...  ( or quite a lot of other normal foods )

Well, the dryer just stopped so have to go get the last load put away.

Hey Kay, what do you think of Survivor this year???

Different, that's for sure..

Later Kids !

Message 8 of 60
latest reply

Re: my NPB. I relisted and sold at a higher price, paid and ready to ship in the a.m.

Kyal sounds like you got a few goodies. Cross stitch are sometimes good sellers.

Pat, I'm liking Survivor this year. All the twists make it less predictable. Any favorites? 

Yard sale season is winding down. There are three listed for tomorrow but I don't know if the weather will cooperate.

Message 9 of 60
latest reply

Went back to the auction today. Stood in the 40 degree weather for just under 5 hours.   Great selection of stuff and I picked up some really unusual things.  A couple of big old radios, some beat up but fascinating old books, an intricate wooden covered cake stand. It was worth the time. 

You’re doing well with only one NPB, and good on the resale.  

Message 10 of 60
latest reply

Wtg on the higher priced sale Kay 🙂

As for Survivor, only really have 1 favorite.  I can't think of his name right now, but he's the tall thin boy.  Maybe Xander is his name??  Can't remember....

I'm hoping he wins

Message 11 of 60
latest reply

Kyal, sorry about having to stand in the nippy weather for so long.

I'm glad it paid off for you though.  Sounds like you got some very interesting items...

I've never seen a wooden cake stand before...

Hoping it does great for you !!

Message 12 of 60
latest reply

We're having a warm day here today, so after lunch I'm going to go up in the attic & get down the Christmas decorations.  Will just put in the office until it's time to put up the decorations....  That way I won't have to climb up there when it's in the 30's or colder 😉

Does everyone have their Turkey Day items bought?  I think I'm ready.....

We couldn't have out normal get together last year, but will have it this year.

We haven't had a family get-together since early Sept. when MIL passed away.

If I don't make it in next week, I hope everyone has a safe & happy Turkey Day with family & friends!!

Better scoot & get some things done

Poof !!

Message 13 of 60
latest reply

Kyal, cheers to the goodies acquired by your return to the auction.

Pat, we skipped Thanksgiving last year. Christmas too. I'm looking forward to gathering this year, though it will be a small crowd. My aunt does the cooking. I show up with pies and an appetite!

Because the days seem to blend one into another (so busy listing and packing haha), I too, will wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.

It's been a while since we've seen Sun and Patd I hope you are well. That goes for all scoungers, loungers, lookers and lurkers.

Re: Survivor. We like Xander too. I hope letting Evie go doesn't backfire. He's playing a solo game. I like a few of them, including the guy that was voted out last night. Totally do not like bossy Shan (?) or Liana (who turned on her original tribe and wants Xander out). It's been a fun season to watch so far.

Message 14 of 60
latest reply

One more thing... A big fat Jeers to ebay for making it so hard to view each other's auctions! What happened to the easy 'view items' link? I'm not a troll or a stalker but I like to check out what's what every now and then. Especially when I hear about cool auction finds. 

< /rant >

Message 15 of 60
latest reply