cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not a Bad Weekend. How Was Yours?

Looks like my weekend's sales were better than expected.  Here is today's pile ready for shipping (obviously not doing a 4:20 Walk today to the PO).

Weekend-Haul.jpg

That accounts for a weekend gross earnings of $226.74.  Not going to try to calculate the net earnings of this batch right now because I still need to get out and do today's shipping and shopping, and the day is wasting away.

Who else has happy post weekend news to share?

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

After a slow week and even slower start to the weekend - I ended up with DH taking 10 packages to the PO today which was great for me. 

Had 1 sale on another site I decided to try - but so far nothing today - but at least I feel better with some sales going out the door as garage sale season is starting up!

Also got together 3 bags of shelf sitters for Amvets who's coming this week. Dare not donate it to the thrifts I shop at because with my luck - I'd rebuy it a few weeks down the road fotgetting I was the one who donated it!

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

@tunicaslotwrote:

Also got together 3 bags of shelf sitters for Amvets who's coming this week. Dare not donate it to the thrifts I shop at because with my luck - I'd rebuy it a few weeks down the road fotgetting I was the one who donated it!

That's hilarious!

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

ehhh.  slow weekend.  Maybe I should drive out there and eliminate some competition.... hehehehehehe.

In all honesty, last week wasn't toooo bad, but the weekend was very slow.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Interestingly, all the packages that went out today were eBay sales.  It wasn't until we were out and about that the Sales Fairy decided to send an Etsy customer my way.

And even then, it was just a little $10 sale, a Mattel Rafiki and Baby Simba PVC figure from The Lion King.  Ah well, that means a 4:20 walk tomorrow (likely around 2:20).  😄

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

(This is my posting ID)

After a long streak of no sales (9 freaking days!), I am happy to say I got 3 sales on Friday, 4 sales on Sunday and 1 sale today for a grand total of about $430. Yay! 

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Ebay does good, but that other site? DOA
Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

@nowthatsjustduckywrote:

Looks like my weekend's sales were better than expected.  Here is today's pile ready for shipping (obviously not doing a 4:20 Walk today to the PO).

Weekend-Haul.jpg

That accounts for a weekend gross earnings of $226.74.  Not going to try to calculate the net earnings of this batch right now because I still need to get out and do today's shipping and shopping, and the day is wasting away.

Who else has happy post weekend news to share?

Dead weekend on eBay for all my accounts, though expected. Sold a book for 155.00 2 friday's ago, and another item on another account the day before that one. Dead since then on eBay.

BTW...Got enough tape on that box, or is the tape just thin stuff?

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

The bigger sale from last week finally paid last night, had to file a UPI to get a response... sigh.  Well packaged, double boxed and insured.  Have to spend my lunch hour at the PO getting a receipt for the insurance.... heavy sigh....   hehe.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Good for you!  You give me hope, as I've sold nothing in 7 days.Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

It's thin

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Monday's mail load was heavy this week, even heavier last week which was a landslide. 

Oh, wait, did I mention these were Amazon sales? 

These days ebay sales are, at the wild end of the spectrum, just "OK".  I did sell a $500 book here a few weeks ago which threw my stats off. Now this month My Ebay chides me for being down compared to last month.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

@lookng2015wrote:
It's thin

eBay's product is not very durable huh. Thin packing tape...not good. 

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Congrats to you and all those who had great sales!

To those who were disappointed, wishing you more sales!

Wishing all the best to all of you.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Still have to get today's shipping packaged up, labeled, and walked to the Post Office (A $50 XBox 360 wireless microphone here, and that last minute a bit too late for yesterday Etsy sale I mentioned earlier).  Figured we would get our shopping done first.  Time to get crackin'...don't get Kraken until the Christmas season.  😄

No visit from the Sales Fairy while we were out earlier.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply