cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-paying buyer with zero feedback

Hello. I just sold an item via an offer here on ebay yesterday. I know it's only been 24hrs, but the person countered back and forth with me about the price, so I took the offer even though I had a weird feeling about it. They've been on ebay for 2 yrs according to the profile and have zero feedback. I realize we all have to start somewhere, but there's really no way they could hack my account correct? I just don't see why people do this. Thanks

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Non-paying buyer with zero feedback

Hack your account? What does that mean? Is this for the $20 trinket?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

No, they can’t hack your account. And 24 hours is too soon to assume you won’t be paid.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Doesn't really matter. Sigh.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Yeah, I know that part. I think I stated that in my post. Nevermind...

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I think you’re over thinking this.  The buyer may have been an eBay  member for many years and still not have feedback, that doesn’t necessarily mean they never bought anything. It just means the buyer hasn’t exchanged feedback with anyone. 
eBay allows buyers 4 days to pay for their purchases, on the 5 th day if the buyer still hasn’t paid you can cancel citing didn’t pay, the buyer will get an unpaid item strike. Then you can add the buyer to your blocked buyers list and relist your item. 
To prevent further nonpaying buyers, I strongly suggest adding immediate payment required to your listings and if you have the buyer requirement to require buyers to provide a payment method before submitting an offer, I suggest you use that as well.  You can find that here Buyer Management  

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Relax, all is good until you find out otherwise. Enjoy your sale!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply