cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-paying bidders

I have wasted endless hours reporting a buyer to ebay via phone calls and written chats. It has accomplished nothing. I was seller #25 to not receive payment within the previous month and several others followed. Read his negative "positive" feedback and block him from your sales, especially if you sell comic books. Ebay will do nothing but you can.

It used to be 3 strikes and non-paying bidders were out. Now it's very different. Ebay will not remove a paying buyer, even if he pays once out of every 10 winning bids. And, what's happening with cases against non-paying bidders???

Block bidder and save yourself a lot of time and effort.

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Non-paying bidders

Is that buyer going to leave me negative feedback & if they do, can it be removed?

Message 46 of 52
latest reply

@isaiah53-57 wrote:

@exlibristoo wrote:

You would think the site could easily do something about this - Question: Do these type of transactions help with higher sales reports for the site?

eBay does "do something" they offer Fixed Price listings with Immediate Payment Required.

No, eBay does not include unpaid listings in their financial reports. Unpaid items are not good for sellers, not good for eBay, not good for anyone. eBay did include these unpaid transactions prior to Managed Payments but that ended about 4 years ago.

Message 47 of 52
latest reply

Just experienced my 3rd non payer out of 4 items that were sold. One item had 2 non payers that won the auction.  Can't leave negative feedback and Ebay's solution is "just relist it, you might actually get a legitimate buyer next time".   Ebay protects these people to keep their registered bidder numbers up.  It must help their stock price.  This site has changed so much over the last 20 years, and not for the better!  I just wish there was an alternative site.

Message 48 of 52
latest reply

When I send an offer to a seller it states the it is a binding contract.

When someone send me an offer and I accept, and he refuses to pay, the only choice I'm left with is to cancel the order.

So much for binding contracts.

Message 49 of 52
latest reply

This is an old thread I know, but maybe the OP doesn't realize all feedback is removed when you cancel an order due to non payment!!

Message 50 of 52
latest reply

@neon65 wrote: ... all feedback is removed when you cancel an order due to non payment!!

I'm pretty sure that the seller's feedback remains:

Once you cancel the order, your item will be relisted automatically if it was a single quantity, Buy It Now item, unless you choose not to relist. We'll also remove any feedback left by the buyer.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items?id=4137

Message 51 of 52
latest reply

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

Message 52 of 52
latest reply