cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Profit selling account

I am trying to set up a selling page for a non profit I am responsible for.  According to the lead in page on setting it up, I needed my 501c3 letter, which I have, etc, but then when I got to the add information page, it said to choose non profit, well, there wasn't an option to choose non profit organization.   It says we can start selling, but it didn't let me add a photo of our logo, etc.  either, so not sure what kind of selling account we now have.........

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: Non Profit selling account

We got an email in about an hour that said our account was ready for selling, but when I logged on I am pretty certain it is just a regular business selling account and not a non profit selling account

Message 16 of 40
latest reply

@spaycc wrote:

We got an email in about an hour that said our account was ready for selling, but when I logged on I am pretty certain it is just a regular business selling account and not a non profit selling account

As soon as anyone creates an account and it is successful eBay will send an

email just for creating the account.

I think all that means is that you can start using the account.

Being approved to sell for charity is a separate process.

Give it some more time to see what happens.

While you are waiting use that time to learn everything else

about selling you can before you jump in.

Message 17 of 40
latest reply

@spaycc 

There is no designation of a ‘non profit selling account’. 

You can create listings and donate the profits to a charity. 

You may have to go through a different process that adds spaycc to the list of available charities. 

Selling accounts may be set up by a not for profit. It is the listing under that selling account that are charitable. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 18 of 40
latest reply

There is a special designation for Charity Sellers and they have access to special, lower FVF

https://www.ebayforcharity.org/get-involved/direct-selling/

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 19 of 40
latest reply

@

@eunster1313 wrote:

@spaycc wrote:

Yes I am aware of all of this, the thing is since the account didn't set up for a non profit account it probably isn't one.      And I have no idea how to fix this, if it can even be fixed.    It appears to be a regular business selling account.   

To the best of my knowledge there is no special account for charity.

1. You open a regular business account followings eBay's directions.

2. You submit the required information to eBay to sell for charity.

3. You (wait) for eBay to verify the information and approve you to sell for charity.

4. eBay will usually notify you in about 3 to 5 days.

After you created your business account were you able

to summit your information to eBay?

50.jpg

@eunster1313 

@spaycc 

Are you absolutely sure you set up a business account? If you selected the business account option, you should have been able to proceed without any issues:

2286F1AB-50A4-4B5A-8160-BFDFFA12D795.jpeg

jtzvwbug
Volunteer Responder | USA Community

Message 20 of 40
latest reply

Yes, I sure did, and had the instructions printed off from the right hand side, then when it came time to choose what kind of business, according to the instructions, I should have been able to choose "non profit" but "non profit" wasn't in the actual list to choose from.    I guess I just need to close the account and try this again at a later date, as when I was supposed to put in our banking information instead the only option offered was a debit or credit account for paying.....good grief......I am NOT computer illiterate,  I started this process from the ebay charity page,  with the links provided on there.   No where to upload our credentials, etc.   This shouldn't be this hard!

Message 21 of 40
latest reply

@spaycc 

I agree. It should work without any issues.

Before you do anything else, look for a response from an eBay Community Team member. Hopefully, it won't be very long until one of them gets here.

jtzvwbug

Message 22 of 40
latest reply

Do not sell on the account you set up. Until your nonprofit account is approved, hou will not get the reduced rate.  This issue you’re having is a glitch that has been present since eBay instituted Managed Payments. We had this same issue. It is typical eBay that they never corrected it. There is a work-a-round but it has been so long since we got on Managed Payments, I can’t remember what it is. Go on the Weekly Chat and request contact from a Charity person.

Always a newbie!
Message 23 of 40
latest reply

Thank You, I knew I followed instructions til I hit that snag and the "account set up" as in user name and password had already been done, so the account generated it's self even after I just closed out the application.  I knew when the "non profit" option was NOT in the options to choose from that something was wrong.  Then an hour later I got the email that the account was set up and ready to start selling from....and when I logged in and it was asking for banking information, but then it wasn't asking for banking information it was only allowing a debit/credit card to be entered as a payment option.......

Message 24 of 40
latest reply

@spaycc 

Did you see the announcement below about the weekly chat? The three eBay Community Team members that I notified might be busy getting ready for the chat tomorrow :

Good luck.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Community-Chat-03-16-2022-1-00-pm-PT-General-Topics/td-p/32780...

jtzvwbug

Message 25 of 40
latest reply

Hey @spaycc sorry you're having trouble! Please reach out to CS so they can make sure your account is set up properly. If you'd like you can reach out on Facebook or Twitter as well! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 26 of 40
latest reply

I have messaged them on Facebook.

Message 27 of 40
latest reply

You can select one of the other business types but  I cannot remember which one it is. Is there one for corporations?

Always a newbie!
Message 28 of 40
latest reply

I reached out to them on Facebook, and did as instructed there, and it didn't work either, so today I had them to call me,  the girl gave me an email address to send our documentation to:  charityteam@ebay.com.

We will see if this is the magic key.    However,  it should NOT be this hard,  they need to fix it within their system.    As I see from the comments on this thread this has been an ongoing problem.

Message 29 of 40
latest reply

@spaycc wrote:

I reached out to them on Facebook, and did as instructed there, and it didn't work either, so today I had them to call me,  the girl gave me an email address to send our documentation to:  charityteam@ebay.com.

We will see if this is the magic key.    However,  it should NOT be this hard,  they need to fix it within their system.    As I see from the comments on this thread this has been an ongoing problem.

Well at least you were able to git your documents submitted.

Hopefully that will do the trick.

(However,  it should NOT be this hard,  they need to fix it within their system.    As I see from the comments on this thread this has been an ongoing problem.)

1255563.jpg

3.jpg

Message 30 of 40
latest reply