cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SeSelling

I would like to sell coconut husk chips on ebay store. Can I sell coconut husk chips ?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

SeSelling

You already ask that and got answers. Have the moderators remove your post.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

SeSelling

Hello and welcome. 

I don't know much about international laws for importing organic materials into the USA, but know there are certain legal requirements that must be met in order for the shipment to pass inspections at the border. I recommend investigating that thru the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture). Below is the link to their website.

https://www.usda.gov/

eBay allows the sale of coconut husk products, but that doesn't satisfy the federal rules that will be necessary for you to follow when importing the goods.

Have you investigated the US market for demand of your product? While there are many eBay listings (over 900 for coconut husk chips) the number of those that sell are relatively few, about 10%. It is not easy for new sellers to get established on eBay, in general, and even harder for an international seller. eBay also has its own set of rules and policies that must be followed to sell successfully here.

So do your homework and learn as much as you can about eBay selling before listing your first item. Good luck and wish you much success.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

SeSelling

@fashunu4eeuh 

The coconut person keeps coming back with different I.D's asking the same thing. Best to just ignore and hopefully this person will notify the moderators and have the post removed,

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

SeSelling

Oh, got it. Thank you for the head's up, @coolections .

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

SeSelling

The bigger question is why would anyone buy them from you.  They are widely available all over the US and I just don't see how that's going to help you.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

SeSelling

I would say don't waste your time.  People have their own coconuts in their own countries.  Even here in the US.  They also may not get through customs as many other countries prohibit the exporting of those types of items.  Sell something else. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

SeSelling

This has got me thinking.

Maybe there is a HUGE market for coconut chips?

I could corner that market and be wealthy beyond my  wildest dreams!

1431907444cash-money-animated-gif-10.gif

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

SeSelling

Go for it!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

SeSelling

@inhawaii 

You have lots of local resources and product.  Go for broke!!!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply