cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No notification that multiple offers for my item from a potential buyer were automatically declined.

Most of my items are set for "Allow Offers".  I have set a minimum offer for my items. I know that this helps with not getting constantly notified with low ball offers. It appears that everything ends when the potential buyer uses up all of their available offer chances. I have no idea that offers were even made until after I click on the "Manage Offers" link, if there is one, for my item. It would be nice to be notified that a buyer tried to make multiple offers that were all declined.

I know the best work around is to not enter a "Minimum Offer", but that will send me notifications that will include all super low ball offers. Some of the potential buyers did start off with low ball offers, but they came up only to be within a few dollars of my minimum offer setting. This is the potential buyer that I need to be notified about. They were out of offer chances, but were close to my minimum offer.

Also what is the rule about how many offer chances a potential buyer will get for an item? What determines the three or five chances to make an offer for an item? I've made buying offers myself and I will get only three chances and sometimes as many as five chances.

For now, I guess I will remove the minimum offer amount, since it is optional.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: No notification that multiple offers for my item from a potential buyer were automatically decli

they came up only to be within a few dollars of my minimum offer setting. This is the potential buyer that I need to be notified about.

then lower your min offer setting........

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Re: No notification that multiple offers for my item from a potential buyer were automatically decli

I am not quite understanding your question/logic...

If you ONLY want to be notified if an offer is accepted you initiate the "lowest-offer" option.

Now, you are saying you want to be notified of every offer even if it does not meet your minimum?

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a 'minimum offer'...so you are not inundated with cheesy offers?

@dhbookds had a suggestion that makes sense....

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

So, you set a "MINIMUM"- so if that MINIMUM is NOT met, you would NOT be notified- but now you are upset that you were NOT notified??

Really?? 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Don't do minimum. Be proactive with your listings, look and see what people are offering. How can you reply back with a counter offer if you don't even know what is being offered.

I do "best offer" on just about all of my listings, and would never do a minimum. I've had people offer what I felt was a ridiculously low price. I've come back with a counter which would be quite alot higher than their offer, figuring they won't buy, and in some cases I've been surprised when my counter has been accepted.

It's like closing your eyes to what is going on in your store by doing auto decline.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@auctiondibs wrote:

Most of my items are set for "Allow Offers".  I have set a minimum offer for my items. I know that this helps with not getting constantly notified with low ball offers. It appears that everything ends when the potential buyer uses up all of their available offer chances. I have no idea that offers were even made until after I click on the "Manage Offers" link, if there is one, for my item. It would be nice to be notified that a buyer tried to make multiple offers that were all declined.

I know the best work around is to not enter a "Minimum Offer", but that will send me notifications that will include all super low ball offers. Some of the potential buyers did start off with low ball offers, but they came up only to be within a few dollars of my minimum offer setting. This is the potential buyer that I need to be notified about. They were out of offer chances, but were close to my minimum offer.

Also what is the rule about how many offer chances a potential buyer will get for an item? What determines the three or five chances to make an offer for an item? I've made buying offers myself and I will get only three chances and sometimes as many as five chances.

For now, I guess I will remove the minimum offer amount, since it is optional.

@auctiondibs- they don't send notices because having the lower limit pretty much means the seller doesn't want to be bothered with low ballers. Sending multiple emails and notifications defeats that. I personally would not remove the lower limit as my lower limit is, really, my LOWER limit - it's like the nibble bidders on auctions, it gets annoying.  OTOH, taking the lower limit off means you can decide if you want to have more wriggle room.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Lowering my minimum offer, removing my minimum offer, upset that I wasn't notified, or was notified too much ... not all about that ... this is what is missing to me. A column that shows how many total offers were made, including auto-declined offers. There already is a column that shows how many outstanding offers there are for an item that you need to accept or counter.

Offers01.jpg

They already track this auto-decline data. You just have to click on "Manage Offers", if there is such a list of declined offers available for a given "single" item. Right now you have to click "Edit" each item to get there. Multiply that click edit process times the number of items you have up for sale to find that data and ... that data column would be nice to have right up front in the "Manage active listings" screen. 

After glancing at my "Manage active listings" screen --> Hey, maybe I did set my minimum offer too high, because there are "TEN" auto-declined buyers in that one data column that wants to buy that one item.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@auctiondibs wrote:

Lowering my minimum offer, removing my minimum offer, upset that I wasn't notified, or was notified too much ... not all about that ... this is what is missing to me. A column that shows how many total offers were made, including auto-declined offers. There already is a column that shows how many outstanding offers there are for an item that you need to accept or counter.

Offers01.jpg

They already track this auto-decline data. You just have to click on "Manage Offers", if there is such a list of declined offers available for a given "single" item. Right now you have to click "Edit" each item to get there. Multiply that click edit process times the number of items you have up for sale to find that data and ... that data column would be nice to have right up front in the "Manage active listings" screen. 

After glancing at my "Manage active listings" screen --> Hey, maybe I did set my minimum offer too high, because there are "TEN" auto-declined buyers in that one data column that wants to buy that one item.

Again; read post #s 2,3,4,5 & 6. Do one. Do all; but DO something if you WANT to be informed. BEING informed is when you DO NOT set a minimum, then you WOULD be informed- when you decline. 

This system is designed so you are NOT bothered by low-ball offers. If you WANT to see ALL offers, then do NOT put a minimum. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

they came up only to be within a few dollars of my minimum offer setting. This is the potential buyer that I need to be notified about.

then lower your min offer setting........

I agree.  When we use Best Offer at work, we set the auto decline value a percentage less than what we would consider a viable minimum price.  This means that folks who 'come close' will likely have to Offer registered and we will be notified.

You don't know about the auto-declined Offers because that would be almost the same as being notified that you have an Offer that meets your minimum... and the purpose of auto-decline is to not just stop low-ball offers but also to cut down on the Messages you have to filter thru.

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 9 of 9
latest reply