cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more discounts for Top Rated Sellers?

So I see with the new seller update as of the 20th of June, you know that's the date your dashboard evaluates your last months selling performance:).

anyway, eBay will require the tracking for your listings uploaded within 1 business day of the sale payment, on at least 95% of your listings to maintain Top Rated seller status and the associated discount on fees, albeit only 1/2 the fee discount the used to give us up to now.

The Catch?  I already have 1 business day shipping tracking uploaded, etc.  BUT, by carrier error, they receive the package(s) but for whatever reason may not scan them for a day or 2, I do not qualify for that even now. I am at 94.something percent per 1000 sales.

I'd bet that I'm not alone in this; probably tens of thousands of eBay sellers, in June, are going to find out that they no longer receive "any" Top-Rated Seller Discount.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

So all you need to do is ensure they get a scan. While there are unspecified reasons why they may not get scanned there are specific things you can do to ensure they do.

Use a SCAN form

Speak with your Carrier (if using carrier pick-up), works even better if you have the SCAN Form

If you drop off at your Post Office....use a SCAN Form

If al that fails, ask your Postmaster what you need to do to ensure timely scans.

It takes a minor bit of effort to have the right system in place, worth if for the discount or just because it will mean never having to worry about a late delivery ding.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Ditto what Jimmy said 🙂

If you still have a problem, even when using a SCAN form ...

Speak to your local Postmaster and or Carrier Supervisor about the lack of scans. Be polite. Remember the adage about honey and vinegar 😉

If you get nowhere with them, go upstream a bit. I have had great success correcting carrier issues (BEFORE our heaven-sent carrier started on our route) by contacting my Area USPS Consumer Affairs Division.

Again, be polite. Write a calm, factual letter/email with all of the facts. Add Dates and Times and names of who you have already spoken to. Ask them to please help you resolve this issue.

You can find contact info for your Area CAD here:

https://ribbs.usps.gov/locators/find-cam.cfm

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

tracking for your listings uploaded within 1 business day

understand that it means tracking uploaded........ie a label printed on ebay or tracking # manually entered..... within that business day.......

AND a scan, anywhere, ANYTIME including delivery.........

if you are getting NO scans at all, need to worry about INR claims more that a discount......

The stats can "lag" and change day to day simply because of when the reports come in........i.e., if mailed today and report doesn't come in until Fri, you'll be shown (at certain times of the month) as not being in compliance......but when info comes it, the late one is taken off the  list.....

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

This is always so confusing to people........ maybe because some fail to understand the reason for the scan......  The Scan proves the label is the one you printed and uploaded within that business day......

ie.....without the scan, a seller could print a label which would meet the upload tracking requirement, cancel it and not ship out for x days........but they would get credit for uploading the tracking in the one business day....... 

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:
 ... ....without the scan, a seller could print a label which would meet the upload tracking requirement, cancel it and not ship out for x days.....

Before eBay introduced the requirement for a validation scan, sellers could enter just any old fake number, and get credit for "uploading tracking."

Sellers still can upload tracking but then not ship for days.  Remember, when you st up a label, you can choose a shipping date (to print on the label) up to 3 days ahead.  

That's why eBay introduced the "On time" measurement, which can be met with (1) a scan within your handling time; (2) a delivery scan within the estimated delivery dates; or (3) buyer answers "Yes" when they leave feedback and are asked if the package was deliverd in time.  Option (1) is the only one that a seller has any control over so most sellers try to get that scan; but even if the first scan is after the stated handling time, the seller should still get credit for "On time" shipping if the item is delivered in time. So the OP must be missing the 'On time" delivery scan, too, IF the 'On time" measure is the one that's late.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Frankly, I wish ebay would settle on one shipping metric, since many do not understand the differences with them.  Most call in reps don't either, which further complicates this issue.

I know there is a reason for the two separate metrics, but I can't recall what it is now, so maybe it isn't even all that important.  I just wish they would pick one and make the requirements clearer for everyone.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

lol, better explanation than I, PE..........I was trying to leave out the On Time requirement since they are two separate metrics......and talking about both at the same time creates the confusion I think........

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

I wonder how many of the false "uploaded in time" tracking numbers were completely fake, vs those that were real labels that got voided by a seller who purchased a second label later.  If a seller wasn't going to use the first label, why  bother even paying for a real one?  Many sellers just entered a made-up number with approximately the right number of digits!

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

I KNOW, from conversations here, that many did just print the label for a later date to get the tracking in...........how many did the fake tracking # or canceled the label, I don't know..........but you could read on buyers board that many packages were not actually mailed soon after the label was printed/or a tracking # uploaded.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

I KNOW, from conversations here, that many did just print the label for a later date to get the tracking in...........how many did the fake tracking # or canceled the label, I don't know..........but you could read on buyers board that many packages were not actually mailed soon after the label was printed/or a tracking # uploaded.

Why don't they just go with the requirements for the Late Shipping Rate metric and scrap the unload tracking one.   Seems like that one would catch most of the shipping abusers. 

Even ebay reps squish parts of both metrics into one.  The Spring seller update was a prime example of that.  The reps that swooped in to answer questions really mucked it up.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Why don't they just go with the requirements for the Late Shipping Rate metric and scrap the unload tracking one.   Seems like that one would catch most of the shipping abusers

that would lump late shippers in with those who mailed on time, but had the PO screw up and not deliver on time.  Both woud get punished.......

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Just squish the two together, as most do in their heads anyway.   Add the upload tracking to the Late Shipment Rate requirements -- which occurs anyway if the seller gets the scan within their handling window.

I'm sure there is some problem with this idea, but could it be any worse than the confusion that occurs with the two separate shipping metrics?

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

'ie.....without the scan, a seller could print a label which would meet the upload tracking requirement, cancel it and not ship out for x days........but they would get credit for uploading the tracking in the one business day....... '

As a buyer only these days (tho I confess to getting the urge to try listing again) what I am finding is that lots of sellers are getting the initial tracking number but then it just sits, with no acceptance scan. I have one item that has been in that status since the 24th. I will have to email the seller and find out what gives.
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

HI FOLKS,   as far as the scanning goes. i have started to stand on line at the post office & asking for a reciept when leaving my packages. i think that they have to scan to generate a reciept for you. its been all good so far....GOOD LUCk & I HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING A-OK!

Message 15 of 18
latest reply