cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sales Feb 2020

What is going on?  Sales are sure not happening here...Anyone else having this problem?

Its like...ebay is dead!

Message 1 of 237
latest reply
236 REPLIES 236

Re: No Sales Feb 2020

I'm mostly selling on poshmark but its been really slow feb, march and April. What about you.
Message 196 of 237
latest reply

And..make it to where you do not have to fill out a long form, with specifics...for a 10.00 item, I believe unless it is all filled out, it does not get viewed as much, back in the day, it was easy, and items had a ton of views, with little effort.
Message 197 of 237
latest reply

I took a walk on eBay. It was a dead zone. 

I also have my own store. I am selling better than ever. I think all the diehard shoppers who just have to shop are shopping online. 

Being a good seller means get the orders out, give immediate refunds if damaged and refunds for buyer’s remorse. That’s the key, but yet eBay doesn’t get it to keep the GOOD sellers and rid of the bad sellers, but that’s just not the case and has not been for a very long time. When I buy, I don’t take any **bleep**. If it’s not as described, it’s going back, be a good seller and I sing praises.

Best of luck!! 

Message 198 of 237
latest reply

Thank You****A+A+A+A+A+
Message 199 of 237
latest reply

All the better sellers are going to amazon and the chinese are almost all thats left and it shows
Message 200 of 237
latest reply

Why would anyone sell on Amazon? And I deal with a lot of great Buyer's & seller's on ebay based in the USA.
Message 201 of 237
latest reply

Well...I choose to go ahead and stay with a Ebay I do not like selling on Amazon.. But yes you are very correct lots of people are leaving eBay but I still believe it’s one of the better avenues to sell on  My sales and picked up tremendously ...for the time being anyway

Message 202 of 237
latest reply

eBay has become a job. Logging on to eBay use to be fun. Remember the days when you clicked on "summary", and everything, and I mean 'everything' came up on one page?

Most of the time when I am looking for something on eBay, I don't log-in, because every page I visit is recorded and shoved in my face the next time I log-in. The 'fun' of shopping on eBay is GONE.

Another tactic that has destroyed eBay, is in their desperate attempt to make sales at any cost, they have let scammers that sell bootleg, aftermarket, and fake products, continue to sell because of their volume, and they even call them "Top Sellers", knowing very well they are crooks. Two items come to mind immediately: Converse sneakers, and Smart Phones.

Also, how the hell did I end up paying sales tax on out of state sales???? That just plain sucks for me as a buyer,

and as a seller. 

eBay must look back to the 90s, fire all the idiots that come up with "new ideas" every other day, and make it the place it was when it ruled the internet shopping market.

Message 203 of 237
latest reply

Dear all,

My sales were up on February than last month. We must careful what buyers are need every month according to present situation.

Thank you.

Message 204 of 237
latest reply

Hey Buffer8.

I feel you! I’ve been a seller now and again on eBay. It hurts good sellers too when they bury our listings and allow these yahoos sell who could give a care less how the buyers get treated says everything no one wants to hear. I’ve been burned on eBay too, but since I know the inside of it, I GET MY MONEY BACK!

You cannot get eBay to listen. I have two accounts and currently not selling on either one. On my other account, I have over 3K rave reviews. Did it mean anything to eBay? Nope!  Trust me, there’s a whole lot better out there than this kind of garbage sellers. 

Look at Etsy again. They really are rocking. They care about their sellers for the most part and the selection and “search” that used to be a problem is now fixed.

Amazon is not my favorite at the moment. They are blaming all their bad selling on the corona for late deliveries and no deliveries, but that started far before the corona, but they too run circles around eBay.

I wish eBay would have pulled it together by now, but honestly in 7 years I have watched them hit rock bottom. It’s a ghost town out there. You get “cheerleaders” on here that try to make those of us who speak the truth to be full of it, but it’s not true.

Another thing to keep in mind, if you have certain sellers you liked and they have disappeared. Do yourself a favor many of them have started their own stores, as I have. You get the same great or even better service and my gosh the prices are so much cheaper since they are not losing their profits to commissions you pay on a platform.

Just google the names and you may be pleasantly surprised. Mine isn’t farmhousecollectibles4you, but it is uniquecollectibles4you and I give discounts on everything I sell. I’m using it as an example to show you what you may be missing.

Sellers who are worth their weight in gold have taken this approach. If they are responsible sellers and self-motivated then they are out there. They didn’t just quit.

I wish sellers and buyers alike the best!

Message 205 of 237
latest reply

Getting tired of all the Boo-Hoo-Hoos, Woe is Me and It is all eBay's fault stuff.  I have been following this no sales blog for a while now and I have come to the conclusion that instead of pointing the finger elsewhere, I pointed it to me.

In April, I just had the BEST MONTH EVER since 2011.  I posted a message about running a Slow Moving Report and said how to do it earlier. Once I identified the slow moving, I started auctions to get rid of the oldest sitting on the shelf.  I also updated all the Item Specifics I could on each item I had listed and I even added more Pictures. I also rewrote some Titles and Descriptions.  I started listing things around the house that I thought people would need right now and will still need as time goes on.

Think about this- What are you doing more of while being stuck at home? Reading more, mmmm Books? Cooking more, mmmm Cook Books & Patio Cookers? More TV, mmmm Movies? Do you get the Picture?

In April we have a new CEO that came from Walmart, mmmm a Better eBay?

I sell on eBay and I Buy on eBay because I believe we should support our Community.  If it is cheaper on Amazon, go back to the eBay seller and let them know and negotiate, but have your proof and don't play games with our Community of eBay Sellers.

Message 206 of 237
latest reply

Outstanding!!
Message 207 of 237
latest reply

You're lucky. I haven't had a single sale in MONTHS.
Message 208 of 237
latest reply

Ebay has chased away and denigrated what used to be the soul of their business, small sellers. Ebay is where you went to find unique items but they switched business plans to compete with Amazon and it failed. Although I do use ebay for a few things, I had to move on to other formats as it wasn't financially feasible to continue to use ebay as I had in the past. They did everything to attract "amazon like" sellers....and adopted price structures that hurt smaller sellers... 

Message 209 of 237
latest reply

Sales are down because buyers are sick of ordering things that take 2 months to NEVER to arrive.. All the while being told another 15 to 25 days. No legitimate tracking available. For me and mine e÷bay is a thing of the past.

Message 210 of 237
latest reply