cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sales Feb 2020

What is going on?  Sales are sure not happening here...Anyone else having this problem?

Its like...ebay is dead!

Message 1 of 237
latest reply
236 REPLIES 236

Re: No Sales Feb 2020

I absolutely agree....if you have what buyers want...you will sell....

Message 61 of 237
latest reply

No I am more paranoid now seeing it is really bad for everyone... I was hoping it was just us having an off month.  

Message 62 of 237
latest reply

Feb is typically a "BAD" month for a lot of people...

I jumped the gun and complained prematurely...sales have picked up and I am night delighted...I am pleasantly pleased...for Feb.

Message 63 of 237
latest reply

You guys are pretty radical with this idea that if you get 20-80 views and the item didn't sell something is wrong with your price. I sell clothing and I can tell you almost nothing sells within 20-80 views. You have to price the item so low you are losing money to get it to sell on average less than 50 views. 

There is a lot of people on ebay and other venues or at stores that just like to shop. That does not mean they are "buyers" They are shoppers. They could buy for the right price, but the right price is often below what is profitable. 

Anyone else on board with you cant expect an item to sell in the first 20-80 views? If you guys are selling your items with that few of views I would expect you can't even keep items for sale because they are selling too fast.

Message 64 of 237
latest reply

You are not alone. My sales are way down to a point where I'm about to cancel out on even bothering with the endless fraud-show that is this site. It's pathetic how any of us can contrast a few years back with today's Ebay in terms of sales. The Ebay solution to everything is for the sellers to drop prices and there is a limit to how far any given seller can afford to do that...with original product costs, shipping supply costs, Ebay fees, PayPal fees, promoted item fees, shipping costs, etc. And they have the NERVE to add in that incremental price lowering option! WHY is that their ONLY solution???? I mean, if they had ANY common sense; they would consult these message boards and maybe apply some changes rooted within the realities of the day-to-day existence of the very components of the organizational mix that actually bring them income...the seller base. My solutions:

1) Research what worked best in the past...return to those roots where possible: get the servers back on track, reunite with Google, eliminate the crooked GTC situation, etc.

2) STOP trying to be Amazon. You will never be Amazon. Present Ebay as NOT AMAZON...a more honest company that pays its taxes and does right by its employee base. In other words...competitive advantage...be BETTER in terms of operation and forget the pipe-dream nonsense of trying to be Amazon the Sequel.

3) Have a new user system that actually tests the potential buyer/seller...Put them through real listings, ask the potential user specific questions...such as "Is this a 'no returns' item?" In short; assure the buyers and sellers know precisely what they're getting into when using the site. This eliminates a whole wealth of issues.

4) Give us more information regarding "watchers..." as in making a watcher register why they might be watching an item. I have watchers on items that have been there almost a year now...probably fake...to give morons like me some sort of hope or something.

5) STOP with any and all accessory programming (DO NOT bother me with messages regarding something I nonchalantly looked at...If I want it; I will buy it. The main reason on THAT is that I suspect that these stupid programming decisions are VERY likely taking resources away from solving root issues AND could EASILY be lagging the system in some manner. 

6) Streamline this mess of a site...especially the APP that occasionally takes you to your base page in ant-sized font that is extremely difficult to work with

7) Hire more phone reps in America. I love my Indian and other foreign(to me) accented people but, it really makes any given company seem cheap and scummy to outsource most of their customer service....as we all know those folks are being paid chump-change vs American workers.

8 ) Eliminate "promoted items." After all; when we post online and pay for a store; WE ARE ALREADY paying to promote our items online! Why in the world should they be double-dipping like that? THAT reeks of desperation and borderline fraud on their part. I HAVE tried the promoted listings thing and I cannot say it really helps nor hurts...It's just there like an additional leech sucking the blood out of my profits.

That's a few ideas off the top of my head and they may not be great but AT LEAST they're here for consideration. See? What hurts most here is knowing darn well that this site used to be MUCH better than it is today...meaning it has potential to be great again...If it was always terrible...no loss...LET'S FIX THIS PLACE ALREADY!!!! 

Good luck people!

Hey...On this...ADD TO THIS LIST...PLEASE...

Message 65 of 237
latest reply

and now many people like me are having issues with ebay check out cant pay for anything including seller fees called ebay get the runaround if its not fixed soon I will be forced to close up shop. ebay has gone down hill don't look for them being around much longer. plus  sales are also slow ebay can manipulate the searches to give big box stores more exposer 

Message 66 of 237
latest reply

Have had 1 sale in 9 days and have much more listed now than ever before due to taking advantage of the 200 and 100 free listing promos given out in the past 3 weeks. Depressing. 

Every morning I make my coffee and sit at my computer for another episode of the "Daily Disappointment". Thankfully, I work part time outside of here. I would have been evicted months ago at this rate.

Hope something changes here soon to help the small U.S. based sellers. Best of Luck. Enjoy reading everyone's thoughts on here. Wish i could offer something to ease your pain.

Message 67 of 237
latest reply

don't hold your breath for positive change on here.

Message 68 of 237
latest reply

Same issue here what is going on I sold at least 1 item per day everyday in 2019 now I’m lucky to be selling 1 item every other day:( 

Message 69 of 237
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep, same here and have held out as long as I can. Have to put the house up for sale and really don't want to move. But can't subsidize the old Social Security check with eBay anymore. Sad.
Message 70 of 237
latest reply

Well, I hit a small spurt in sales this week as my invoices came due - as many sales as in the first two weeks of the month.  But for all accounts I am still down 50% from last February which is usually a good month. 

On the subject of views - I've always questioned the accuracy of those numbers.  On some of my items I get 3-4 times the views I used to get on similar items, but less than half the sales.  I don't really believe that views have ever had  a direct  correlation to sales any more than high viewer numbers without a sale means that my price is too high.   What I do believe is that today's search is often showing buyers items that they were not searching for.  

Message 71 of 237
latest reply

I feel your pain - here too...horrible..

Message 72 of 237
latest reply

Well said...Promoted listings.....that is a joke...

I'll just keep on keeping on as it is definitely a hobby now........with the Post office and ebay getting the rewards..........really sound ridiculous for one to subject themselves to such nonsense..........but we keep doing it everyday.  

Message 73 of 237
latest reply

Because we keep hoping they'll turn it around.
Message 74 of 237
latest reply

Yes, but a hint would be okay.

I see a lot of people mentioning the big A.

But now they use the name. lindyslucky 

Okay then ,, the big M and it ends in a i  -   [ I hope someone can post my bail ]  lol   Tulips 

Message 75 of 237
latest reply