cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sales Feb 2020

What is going on?  Sales are sure not happening here...Anyone else having this problem?

Its like...ebay is dead!

Message 1 of 237
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: No Sales Feb 2020

You are not alone. My sales are way down to a point where I'm about to cancel out on even bothering with the endless fraud-show that is this site. It's pathetic how any of us can contrast a few years back with today's Ebay in terms of sales. The Ebay solution to everything is for the sellers to drop prices and there is a limit to how far any given seller can afford to do that...with original product costs, shipping supply costs, Ebay fees, PayPal fees, promoted item fees, shipping costs, etc. And they have the NERVE to add in that incremental price lowering option! WHY is that their ONLY solution???? I mean, if they had ANY common sense; they would consult these message boards and maybe apply some changes rooted within the realities of the day-to-day existence of the very components of the organizational mix that actually bring them income...the seller base. My solutions:

1) Research what worked best in the past...return to those roots where possible: get the servers back on track, reunite with Google, eliminate the crooked GTC situation, etc.

2) STOP trying to be Amazon. You will never be Amazon. Present Ebay as NOT AMAZON...a more honest company that pays its taxes and does right by its employee base. In other words...competitive advantage...be BETTER in terms of operation and forget the pipe-dream nonsense of trying to be Amazon the Sequel.

3) Have a new user system that actually tests the potential buyer/seller...Put them through real listings, ask the potential user specific questions...such as "Is this a 'no returns' item?" In short; assure the buyers and sellers know precisely what they're getting into when using the site. This eliminates a whole wealth of issues.

4) Give us more information regarding "watchers..." as in making a watcher register why they might be watching an item. I have watchers on items that have been there almost a year now...probably fake...to give morons like me some sort of hope or something.

5) STOP with any and all accessory programming (DO NOT bother me with messages regarding something I nonchalantly looked at...If I want it; I will buy it. The main reason on THAT is that I suspect that these stupid programming decisions are VERY likely taking resources away from solving root issues AND could EASILY be lagging the system in some manner. 

6) Streamline this mess of a site...especially the APP that occasionally takes you to your base page in ant-sized font that is extremely difficult to work with

7) Hire more phone reps in America. I love my Indian and other foreign(to me) accented people but, it really makes any given company seem cheap and scummy to outsource most of their customer service....as we all know those folks are being paid chump-change vs American workers.

8 ) Eliminate "promoted items." After all; when we post online and pay for a store; WE ARE ALREADY paying to promote our items online! Why in the world should they be double-dipping like that? THAT reeks of desperation and borderline fraud on their part. I HAVE tried the promoted listings thing and I cannot say it really helps nor hurts...It's just there like an additional leech sucking the blood out of my profits.

That's a few ideas off the top of my head and they may not be great but AT LEAST they're here for consideration. See? What hurts most here is knowing darn well that this site used to be MUCH better than it is today...meaning it has potential to be great again...If it was always terrible...no loss...LET'S FIX THIS PLACE ALREADY!!!! 

Good luck people!

Hey...On this...ADD TO THIS LIST...PLEASE...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 65 of 237
latest reply
236 REPLIES 236

Looks like you've had 13 sales in Feb........so not entirely dead......

Message 2 of 237
latest reply

Just watchers

One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!
Message 3 of 237
latest reply

Selling is a waiting game.

Message 4 of 237
latest reply

Things have been abnormally slow. A friend of mine had to lay off some employees because his eBay sales are so slow right now. I'm personally thinking this will be a horrible year for me as well.
Message 5 of 237
latest reply

We have had small steady sales.

Many of our things are priced as low as possible.

Incredibly low prices after sponsoring is the norm for us.

we probably could have more if we put more things up, but the $$ for the time is not really a motivator.

i do know that 5 years ago, I was moving 10% of my items a week , most at auction. 

That kind of activity would thrill me now.

We would love to count on eBay as an income stream.....

Message 6 of 237
latest reply

Not one single sale in February so far. I did get one offer on an $80 item that was marked down to $25. The offer was for $10 (with free shipping), less than I could even ship it for. I didn't even justify that with a counter offer, just declined then removed the make offer feature.

It appears that eBay is reaching it's breaking point. Even the company that had considered buying eBay was embarrassed when the news came out, and quickly said "no way, not us". Their years of driving away sellers, and their merchandise, along with their TERRIBLE search and countless other issues they refuse to acknowledge or address are catching up with them.

One article I saw last week regarding ICE announcing they had no plans to pursue buying eBay had only one comment... "Good, eBay sucks". That is the way most of the population feels about eBay now, and they have brought it on themselves with their dictator-like attitude.

Message 7 of 237
latest reply

I've had one sale this month - a long tail item that had been listed multiple times.   Despite creating 20 new listings in the second half of January - none have sold this month and only one last.   Two weekends with no sales.

October was my best sales month in 2019 followed closely by January and February which have been two of my three strongest sales months for 19 years.   Finished down only 28% In January thanks to a small flurry of sales the last week of the month - February so far is much worse.   

Message 8 of 237
latest reply

No slower than usual, which is to say pretty darn slow.

I've been back doing work in my old field when I can, and a few other money making angles.  Ebay just doesn't rate spending the time anymore - you get what you get and not a penny more.

Message 9 of 237
latest reply

I usually keep about 1000 items listed But now I only have about 800 why waste my time. I sell more out of my shop building a week than I sell all month long on eBay...Facebook Market place is also great...even a few things on Craig’s List..(Mostly Furniture)

I have sold 13 items all month so far this month....

I do not do offers, I do not do  promoted listings...I gave a 60.00 a month store... I’m seriously considering to cut that way back it’s ridiculous

Message 10 of 237
latest reply

I hope not..I simply do not understand it...economy is booming elsewhere

Message 11 of 237
latest reply

Thanks for your comments.  I find them helpful even though sales are horrible. Also strongly agree with dictator comment. 

Message 12 of 237
latest reply

It has to do with eBay . There is no other explanation . They are so messed up it’s not even funny. Ppl are bailing Out right and left Recently and those are ppl I know . I typically did 7-8 K a month . I was forced into ebays **bleep** show of MP ever since even I was forced to signed up for MP I have lost 85% of my sales. Try going from 7-8K a month to less than 1K. I called and complained in January because by the 21st of Jan I only had 275.00 only in sales. Wells golly gee , I called then suddenly I had sales . eBay is a giant criminal according to CPAs and it’s time to go . So many ppl are suddenly leaving . eBay will never be able to compete with Amazon . They are chasing their sellers away trying to do something they will never accomplish . They are making one stupid decision after another . I would quit as CEO too due to embarrassment . eBay has become too much of stupidness
Message 13 of 237
latest reply

Nah, I was regularly bringing in sales . It depends on what the person sells ..if it’s a waiting game , re think your strategy
Message 14 of 237
latest reply

The difference is huge for me . I lost 85% of my sales after I was forced into ebays **bleep** show and utter failure of MP
Message 15 of 237
latest reply