cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No More FVF On Certain Shoes Over $100?

(This is my posting ID)

Just got off the phone with eBay customer service. I called regarding an automatic UID that was closed in my favor as the buyer never paid (most of my listings are IPR to avoid this very annoying issue). The reason for the call was that I noticed the FVF for this particular item (women's athletic shoes) was never credited back to me. The customer service rep stated this is because athletic shoes over $100.00 do not have a FVF now, so there is nothing to credit back.

When I asked if this is a new promotion or something, he said that no, just simply no more FVF for any men's or women's athletic shoes over $100.

Has anyone else heard of or know anything about this?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: No More FVF On Certain Shoes Over $100?

The reason for the call was that I noticed the FVF for this particular item (women's athletic shoes) was never credited back to me. 

Were you charged for fvf in the first place? 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I remember seeing something about it, but I thought it was a (timed) promotion to encourage new listings. I've checked my messages and can't find anything to confirm that, though. 

Maybe someone more helpful will come along...

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The information from customer support is consistent with what is shown on the basic eBay fees pages:

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 12.28.25 PM.png

I don't recall seeing any Announcement about this, but it might have slipped past me since I don't list that sort of item.  This change might have been in response to genuine competition from some other site.  A year ago or more, eBay changed the listing fees and final value fees in the guitars category due to having competition from another site; that category now has a FVF rate of 3.5% for both stores sellers and non-stores.

Fees for sellers who don't have a Store: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

Fees for Store subscribers: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/storefees.html

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

According to the Wayback Machine, the fees for high-end athletic shoes was changed to 0% sometime between Nov 9 and Dec 25, 2019.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

It is under "Items eligible for final value fee credit" on the Seller Hub page. I tried looking at my account activity page and adjusting the date range (transaction was on 1/20), but only Feburary shows?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply