cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Search Result Gallery Display WORTHELSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Normally I don't complain (too much) but this one just irks me.  The new search results display format is a Gallery format and I can not find where to change it so the default is the normal vertical listings.  Vertical lists are easier to view and scroll through. 

I have used the Tell us what you think link once already and will most likely do that over and over and over and over until someone at the Big House adds the feature to get rid of the Gallery display format.

I hope Buyers complain about this and advise eBay it is NOT "enhancing the buying expereince."

Screenshot (677).png

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

New Search Result Gallery Display WORTHELSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I agree.  

The vertical listing format is much easier on the eyes and easier to read.

I  do not see this as an improvement.  Too much clutter.

Bonnie Jo 

Message 2 of 50
latest reply

See this thread, eBay is ruining the marketplace faster than we thought by returning these worthless product pages as search results.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/eBay-wasting-buyers-time-with-product-pages-being-returned-on/m...

Wonder why ebay is dead ??

Buyers leave as soon as they see this abomination..........

Message 3 of 50
latest reply

I'm not seeing that page. Are you in a beta?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 4 of 50
latest reply

l still have the "list view" and have a tab to get "Gallery view" or "Customize"

Message 5 of 50
latest reply

I noticed that last night when I did a search. I didn't feel like fiddling with it so I just quit searching. I'm sure many buyers will feel the same way. Thanks eBay.

Message 6 of 50
latest reply

Haven't seen it yet. It is probably one of those updatedthat slowly rolls out - starting with a few people.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 7 of 50
latest reply

I've seen it now and then over the last few months.

I usually just back out of it and go do something else until it decides to behave.

Gallery view is great for stores but not for general searching.

And the new unsolds 'enhancement" when looking at your own listings is an abomination. HUGE photos and you can get maybe 5 to a screen (if that).

It's glaringly obvious that whoever comes up with these "improvements" has never either bought nor sold here.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 8 of 50
latest reply

i agree i dont like gallery or the landing pages and most times i cant find what i am looking for no matter how much time i search
Message 9 of 50
latest reply

@mr_lincoln As you're usually so calm and collected I know something has truly gotten under your skin when I see a thread from you with multiple !!!! = ) (and a typo no less)

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 10 of 50
latest reply

IF eBay will allow viewers/shoppers/buyers to view the pages in whichever display they prefer to use, I'll be OK with this being included. 

Since I use a computer about 99% of the time, I want to scroll DOWN a page, using the scroll bar at the side of my screen.  That's the easiest way to view the gallery pics & listing titles on the computer.

Ebay is adapting to the increasing number of shoppers who browse from their mobile phones, where they 'swipe' page views to the side to bring the next into view, so they will likely prefer the new design.

Just give us the option to choose which way of viewing listings suits our needs the best, please.

And I agree about aligning listings jammed together side by side being more difficult to adequately examine each individually.  It's more of a jumble in appearance.  Maybe the *jammed in* design saves them space or something.  lol

Message 11 of 50
latest reply

oh i wish ebay would fire 99% of their staff stop making changes and pass the cost reduction on to sellers
Message 12 of 50
latest reply

I agree that the new "Product Pages" leave a lot to be desired 😞 And that you should be able to set your preferences.

To get out of them, click the tiny "See All" link at the top right ... you will be brought to the regular search.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 13 of 50
latest reply

You see people, sellers are not making this stuff up, eBay really is a terribly run company in need of an entire new upper management team.

Message 14 of 50
latest reply

For the last 2 days I have been trying to search ebay for a vintage sheet and a shirt, both items when I search are driving me crazy!

Cannot find anything near what I am looking for.

Ebays search is crazy the last few days.  I know what I want but ebay thinks I want something else and won't let me search the way I want to. 

Message 15 of 50
latest reply