cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New All Selling page forcing me to keep my own accounting ...

The monthly totals eBay is supplying does NOT meet my needs but the Classic pages did, they gave Sellers the total of their item sales ... JUST what items sold for.  The new totals have nothing to do with JUST what your items sold for so i will have to run my own monthly spreadsheet to keep track of item sales. totals.

The numbers eBay provides I can't use,such as:

-Total sales that include Taxes (who needs this?  eBay collects and remits sales tax)

-Taxes and Government fees (who needs this?  eBay collects and remits sales tax)

-Selling costs - I don't need this

-Net sales (includes adjustment for taxes and selling costs) ...

Screenshot (2588).png

The pic above is AFTER I had to run a "Report" meaning you have to go find this page then run the report spending more time then what the Classic pages did by simply having one's total monthly sales on the landing page as a running total updated every time something sells.  The ONLY updates for the new pages are the ones you request, meaning you would have to do it every time something sells ... every new page roll out has added more time for selling on eBay ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: New All Selling page forcing me to keep my own accounting ...

@mr_lincoln 

I love the way you are so concise with your posts.  Very well summed up...

...as if we needed ANOTHER thing to gripe about this stupid layout...

I didn't even THINK about this aspect. 

Awesome sauce!  😒

...Very un-amused this week...

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I am also having to keep track on my own spreadsheet the costs for UPS and FedEx now that they are colluding with Ebay and running a RACKET on their "estimated" vs "actual" charges.... Ebay should be required to notify us when these are different but they have purposefully hidden it from us. I have no idea how long this has been going on as I am afraid to look back....

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I spent SO much time on the phone with CS this week, with no resolution.  I  used the "expense tab" under payments.  It's the only place I could see all fees (ad fees, final valuation, etc).  And now PUFF, it's gone and hasn't been replaced with anything similar, where all fees are in one spot.

This is basic information, not just a pie in the sky request.    We pay eBay a ton in fees and for the developers who don't understand something, to remove it, is over the top frustrating.

UGH

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

New All Selling page forcing me to keep my own accounting

{snip}

I will have to run my own monthly spreadsheet to keep track of item sales. totals.

I use the transaction detail report in the Seller Hub.

I export it as a CSV file and open it as a spreadsheet. It has everything I need.

I would never do accounting by relying on totals displayed on an eBay page. When I do my taxes I want the detail to back it up, and I suspect the IRS would too. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I think this is under "All Transactions" now? I think that is what you are wanting. It shows all the sales fees and shipping label fees there anyway.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

New All Selling page forcing me to keep my own accounting

{snip}

I will have to run my own monthly spreadsheet to keep track of item sales. totals.

I use the transaction detail report in the Seller Hub.

I export it as a CSV file and open it as a spreadsheet. It has everything I need.

I would never do accounting by relying on totals displayed on an eBay page. When I do my taxes I want the detail to back it up, and I suspect the IRS would too. 

@luckythewinner   I use the running total of just the item sales to compare current with past sales to see if there is growth or a decline in sales.  This includes the number or sales per month and the total dollars.

I also keep spreadsheets on individual inventory lots so I know when an acquisition starts to turn a profit.  Those spreadsheets have a formula that adjusts for Fees.

Just an FYI:  The eBay CSV files are still lacking info, unlike the comprehensive one PayPal has.  eBay's version has NO info on the paid monthly invoice. 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 7 of 7
latest reply