cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion turns into frustration

So I received this message from Ebay:

Hello yojimbo466,

Your listing didn't follow our Restricted adult items policy. Adult and sexual wellness items must be listed in the correct category and must follow our guidelines.
What activity didn't follow the policy

Please understand that you listed an item in collectible category; however, the listed item is either focusing on Groin part/ genitalia or sexually explicit in nature. This cannot be considered as art. You may relist this item in Everything Else > Adult Only category.

What you need to do next

Don't relist prohibited adult items. Please ensure adult and sexual wellness items we allow are listed in the appropriate category.

I WOULD LOVE TO LIST THE ITEM IN THE APPROPRIATE CATERGORY. BUT I CAN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM BLOCKED EVERY TIME I TRY TO LIST ANY ITEM IN "ADULT ONLY".

SO HOW DO YOU GET TO LIST ITEMS IN THESE CATEGORIES?  PLEASE LET US KNOW BECAUSE IT SEEMS TO BE A GREAT MYSTERY TO MOST OF US.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

You are enrolled in Managed Payments. Managed Payments doesn't currently support the payment of sales of Adults Only items.

I believe your only choices are to open a new account (which will default back to getting paid by PayPal) or wait until MP is able to process payments for those items.

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Caps lock off please 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

What is the item?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I'ts a trading card of an Adult Entertainer with any explicit parts whited out.

My point being why even have those categories when the majority of sellers cannot access them

to sell items.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

It's caled "trying to a make a point".

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Which will eventually be forced to switch to Ebay Managed Payments and thereby facing the exact same

problems we are all encountering.

How about Ebay get it together and solve these selling issues ASAP so we and Ebay can start making

money from these items.

Or am I missing the whole point of free market E-Commerce?

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

You can make a clear point without yelling at all the people here that you are seeking help from

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I am not seeking help from anyone here as no one here can make the changes needed to solve the issue.

I am merely voicing my frustrations regarding said polices.

And I am not yelling at anyone I don't know where you got that from.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

You were given advice on how to list the item, by making a new account that is not (yet) enrolled in Managed Payments.

It is possible/likely that by the time MP becomes eBay's only payment processor, this problem will be corrected.

MP now, I hear, allows payments for sales of coins and bullion, which they did not until very recently.

In any case, Paypal has not allowed payments for sexually explicit items for decades, so you may have to think of another way of getting paid if you list the item in Other-> Adult.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply