cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Feedback

I just had a buyer leave me terrible negative feedback and Ebay sided with the buyer.  If anyone knows a phone number to contact Ebay and speak with a real person, I would appreciate it.  They absolutely need to hear the whole story.  Also, why aren't we allowed to leave negative feedback to buyers?  It seems Ebay doesn't care about us sellers, but with no sellers there are no buyers.  Ive been a seller for over twenty years, and always have gotten positive feedback.  Please help1

Message 1 of 68
latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Re: Negative Feedback

Thanks for your input however you do not know my side of the story   I can’t believe some in this community are so eager to put another down when they do not have all the facts. 

Message 16 of 68
latest reply

@ckimodog wrote:

@suzyq14 

Sorry for your frustration.  eBay hasn't had a phone number in many years.  I don't think that what the buyer posted in your behalf would be removed.  That's not what customer service does on this site.  The buyer was unhappy with their purchase, so they left feedback concerning the transaction.  You acted professionally, so I don't think this will harm or hurt your standing as a good eBay seller.  Just be more observant in the future, especially if you are selling breakable items.  Hang in there.

Happy Selling

Message 17 of 68
latest reply

Thank you for your feedback. I’ll never reach out to this community again. Most were quick to assume by his feedback that it was all on me. They do not know what he was like and the stress he put me through only to leave negative feedback. So I really do appreciate your reply.

Message 18 of 68
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

Unfortunately, eBay doesn't care about 'the whole story' - this is a huge site with tens of millions using it and they have simple, strict rules about feedback because to deal with everyone's 'stories' would take massive overhead. It's the price we pay for cheap access to an international market.

The best thing is a reasoned and professional response - you were very reasonable with your other single neg, showing anyone that you stand behind what you sell.

T

Message 19 of 68
latest reply

I judged you by the comment you left on another feedback. The win-win was completely unnecessary. The negative comments you leave some of your buyers masked in positive feedback.

Crazy huh? How you handle situations is more telling than what an upset customer says.

Message 20 of 68
latest reply

The feedback the buyer left you did not break any of the feedback rules and that is why Ebay didn't remove it, NOT because they "sided with the buyer".

You can contact the buyer and see now that you have refunded them if they would be willing to revise their feedback.  If they say yes and ONLY if they say yes, let them know that you will have Ebay send them an email to revise the feedback.  There will be a link in the email that makes it very easy for them to do.

But NEVER send one of these without the buyer saying they are willing to revise it and always let them know they will get an email from Ebay with a link.  These emails have a shelf life and if it times out, you can not send the buyer another one on the same transaction.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/leaving-feedback-buyers/replying-feedback-received-item-sold?id=41...

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 21 of 68
latest reply

The fact that eBay permits a person with a "0" feedback score to post here is just as absurd as the new and improved, warm and fuzzy, California corporate "woke" feedback removal policy.  

Message 22 of 68
latest reply

You have a "0" feedback score. You opinion is worth the price paid. 

Message 23 of 68
latest reply

@suzyq14 

Since you have your listings as "private" it's sort of hard to advise.  eBay CS is not a feature that trouble shoots that well.  They may tell you they'll remove the feedback, call you back, blah, blah, blah, etc.  They would rather that the seller & buyer try to work it out for themselves.   Sorry for your frustration. 

Happy Palm Sunday

Message 24 of 68
latest reply

@jstars 

Many people use "Posting ID's"  The person you are addressing is a seasoned veteran seller of many years, however chooses to keep their ID private as some people who post on this forum are not very nice and can be retaliatory.  

Message 25 of 68
latest reply

@jstars 

The person you are addressing is a regular poster here on this forum.  They use a "posting" ID.  Many people here do.  

Message 26 of 68
latest reply

Apparently the new "Feedback Update" made it easier for them to leave negatives.  No more "cooling off" period.  No more seller protection from unfair FB.  Just the WILD WEST now!  Say what you want, about whatever you want under ANY circumstance!  Even buyer requested cancellations!  NEGATIVES ALL AROUND!!   I've been selling on ebay for 20 years, I've NEVER gotten 3 negatives in one month.  NEVER!  Until this so called update.

Is ebay really that eager to harm it's own platform by allowing abusive buyers to injure their best sellers?  What sense does this make?  Without sellers there's nobody.  We pay fees on everything now, even extra percentages just to get our listings seen and now as a show of gratitude they are just allowing buyers to damage our reputations unimpeded.  No justice. 

It's awful.  I'm starting to not care about FB anymore.  If there just going to give out negatives like candy on Halloween I'm just going to tune out of the FB thing.  I won't even read them anymore.

Message 27 of 68
latest reply

Sorry but if a buyer is going to abuse a seller with negative FB we should be able to do the same.

Message 28 of 68
latest reply

Ebay should not allow false negative feedback.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 29 of 68
latest reply

I don't believe in leaving buyers negative feedback personally.

I do believe since only positive feedback for buyers then the feedback should be removed. It's basically 1) to make buyers feel better 2) see that they have purchased multiple times.

Outside of that it tells nothing.

Personally I believe buyer feedback should not be visible. And then sellers can leave honest feedback positive or negative. More for internal purposes eBay can reflect on.

Buyers feedback number that's visible to change to something like purchase count.

Message 30 of 68
latest reply