cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with Buyer, Says item was delivered to another house

Hi!

I appreciate any help! 🙂

I sold a ring the other day, and it shows as delivered on Thursday. Today on Friday, the buyer opened on PayPal a "Non-receipt Dispute" case and they said this in their message:

"My postal carrier delivered the package to another address.. When she went to retrieve the package the denied having.. So the post office told me to file a case.. The seller didn't add any insurance to my package and at $4.11 paid shipping I thought insurance was included.. Usps case number :"

I left the case number out in case it's not allowed or something.

I did add insurance with the Shipcover, so the buyer is wrong in that, I do have the Shipcover insurance on the ring.

I need help, because I don't know how to approach this! What should I do in this situation?

Thanks sooo much for any help with this! 🙂

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Need Help with Buyer, Says item was delivered to another house

"First of all, I really doubt your buyer's postal carrier told him/her to file a PayPal case."

Does PayPal issue USPS case numbers?

"My postal carrier delivered the package to another address.. When she went to retrieve the package the denied having.. So the post office told me to file a case.. The seller didn't add any insurance to my package and at $4.11 paid shipping I thought insurance was included.. Usps case number :"

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

@tarpedge and @chrysylys

We don't know what the OP or his/her buyer has done or hasn't done as what @hotinarizona  posted doesn't make any sense.

If he/she wants help -- especially a walk-thru step-by-step which is what he/she said was what was wanted -- then more info is needed.

If the OP can't be bothered to provide that, I don't know why anyone else on the forum is wasting their time including taking potshots at other posters who are trying to assist.

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

"We don't know what the OP or his/her buyer has done or hasn't done as what "hotinarizona" posted doesn't make any sense."
-------------------

I've had carriers misdeliver stuff, so I can believe the story.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 18 of 27
latest reply

"Buyer's story is ridiculous; don't follow them down that rabbit hole. Just upload the tracking number to the dispute where indicated & get the case closed out. I have this feeling that if you did get in contact with the buyer's local carrier, they would have no knowledge of any of this."

And just what is ridiculous about it? I have had FOUR packages delivered to me that should have gone to a neighbor...we took them over ourselves. I have had 2 packages show up as 'delivered' to me one day, but came the next day. One package said 'undelivered due to no access' a lie, It was delivered the next day. She had just forgotten it.

This happens all the time.
Message 19 of 27
latest reply

@couldabeenworse wrote:

I did add insurance with the Shipcover, so the buyer is wrong in that, I do have the Shipcover insurance on the ring.

File the claim.

I've never used Shipcover so I don't know their rules but I do know that USPS will NOT pay an insurance claim on an item which has been delivered.  Once delivered, a claim can be opened for damage but not loss.

I bet it's the same with any insurance.

Joe

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

Tell the postal worker to go get the package back and deliver it to the right person.

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

OP says that the postal employee tried that, but the person at that address denied that they had it. If I were that employee I would have called the police right in front of their house.
Message 22 of 27
latest reply

@moondogblues wrote:
"Buyer's story is ridiculous; don't follow them down that rabbit hole. Just upload the tracking number to the dispute where indicated & get the case closed out. I have this feeling that if you did get in contact with the buyer's local carrier, they would have no knowledge of any of this."

And just what is ridiculous about it? I have had FOUR packages delivered to me that should have gone to a neighbor...we took them over ourselves. I have had 2 packages show up as 'delivered' to me one day, but came the next day. One package said 'undelivered due to no access' a lie, It was delivered the next day. She had just forgotten it.

The ridiculous part isn't that the buyer says it got delivered elsewhere.  Here is what is ridiculous about it.

The buyer says that they talked to the delivery guy and made him go to the wrong house and try to get it.  My delivery guys are friendly, but they can't remember one package out of the thousands of pieces of mail they deliver in a day and he isn't going to backtrack and try to fix a mistake when the buyer meets him at the door the next day making accusations. 

Then they claim that they know things about the paqckage - like insurance, when they haven't seen the package to know that it is true - because they say they never got it.

Then they say they filed a claim with the USPS and the seller is the one that files a claim or lost package report and the USPS workers know that.  The buyer can file a complaint against their carrier.

I left the case number out in case it's not allowed or something.

Everything the buyer is saying is carefully crafted to make the seller feel  for them with a twinge of guilt so they will just quickly refund because the package is 'lost'.

(*Bleep*)
Message 23 of 27
latest reply

moondogblues wrote:

I definitely agree.  I've only now restarted buying from ebay, but since March of this year, I had one pkg from a thousands FB reliable US seller go missing, another ebay pkg that also didn't arrive, an Amazon pkg that was so late that I had to return the refund(in good conscience) that I claimed from the Amazon seller, and I EVEN RECEIVED an INCORRECT PKG for someone else with my same house number but a block above my house!!!  

I therefore had to file a THIRD FOR THE YEAR caller complaint again to USPS's 1-800 phone number complaining that I was not receiving my packages AND that the last time I called, someone at my local USPS left a message on my answering machine saying that things were ok, BUT DIDNT BOTHER LEAVING A PHONE NUMBER TO CALL THEM BACK!!!  My postal carrier would even put our letters in a long unused OPEN mailbox whereby the letters could be easily stolen or blown away by the wind!!!  I'm FINALLY getting my packages intact AND on time after I threatened to escalate the complaint with USPS higher-ups. Maybe postal/pkg deliverers are being overworked and so making mistakes, but they shouldn't be allowed to just deliver packages to the wrong person.  

If I had not been honest, I could have easily stolen the other person's pkg which looked like a big new expensive lithium battery from amazon. Instead, I called him to come pick it up(his phone number was on the invoice slip), not trusting that the postal/pkg carriers would get the item on time to him, especially when he's only a block away from me.  Why should he suffer getting it late or NOT EVEN RECEIVING it because of the USPS's incompetence?  I've gotten so fretful that I prefer buying online but PREFER A PHYSICAL STORE to pick up the items at my local Walgreens or Target rather than depend on UNDEPENDABLE USPS or other private carrier!!!

**************************************************************************************
I'm only on the internet once or so per week, so if you have a response or question for me and I don't get to it within 2 hours, be prepared to wait another week or more. Sorry but fuzzy furballs take catnaps too!! -)
MY REVIEW/GUIDELINES FOR BUYING ON EBAY FOR BUYERS -UPDATED JULY 31 2017
Message 24 of 27
latest reply

Many mail deliveries have GPS to show exactly the physical location of the delivery.

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

@tellmemama wrote:

@couldabeenworse wrote:

File the claim.

I've never used Shipcover so I don't know their rules but I do know that USPS will NOT pay an insurance claim on an item which has been delivered.  Once delivered, a claim can be opened for damage but not loss.

I bet it's the same with any insurance.

Ok trying again. USPS will pay out on a delivered package.   I have had them do it.  Now it was initially denied because it showed delivered.  And I'm guessing that's why this rumor they don't exists.    My post master said that's how it works but that I had to appeal. I appealed it and the buyer had to sign saying that even though it showed delivered they did not get it.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 26 of 27
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

Many mail deliveries have GPS to show exactly the physical location of the delivery.

At less than $5 postage, I doubt that this one has it.

In our area the delivery person takes the block worth of mail and scans it all and then walks the block delivering it.  They would not know which house it got to exactly, maybe just the block it was delivered on.

Again, if it were me, I would go into my PO branch and have the postmaster call the buyers postmaster and check on the buyers story.  If it is true, then their delivery person will be taking grief and the groundwork will be laid to get a claim passed for them.  If not (which I believe is what is happening) then the buyer will be on the PO's radar and in the long run, they don't want that.  Every buyer/seller that I have talked to the postmaster about is not doing business on ebay under the ids I reported anymore.

(*Bleep*)
Message 27 of 27
latest reply