cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My item does not show in search unless I change the "Shipping To" zip code

Hello, I need some wisdom with an ongoing problem that two loooong calls with ebay have not been able to fix. 

I live in Puerto Rico and when I do a search for the items that I am selling, they do not show up, unless I change the "Shipping To" zip code that appears under the "View" button to a stateside zip code (even though PR is a part of the USPS).  I do not need to see my listings show up--however--it also means that anyone else within my zip code, or any other Puerto Rico zip code, is also not seeing my listings. Below are some screenshots of my situation.  I will be so grateful if someone can see what I am missing in fixing this. Thanks, Alison

1) Photo of my initial search, my item is not listed. Zip code on the right is my PR zip.

Screenshot (4) - Copy.png

2) I changed the "Shipping to" zip code to a stateside zip code and my item now is in the list (second one).

Screenshot (5) - Copy.png

3) US Protectorates are NOT on my exclusion list. (A list that seems to randomly appear, even after I clear it.) So, to be thorough, I cleared all checkmarked selections (again) and saved changes and revised listing with the changes.

Screenshot (6) - Copy.png

4)Here is the page shipping exclusions page with the changes applied.

Screenshot (7) - Copy.png

5) Here is my revised listing that shows no shipping exclusions.

Screenshot (8).png

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: My item does not show in search unless I change the "Shipping To" zip code

The last photo shows the new search, after making shipping exclusion changes, and I get the same result----my listing does NOT show up.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

This is an ongoing "known" issue that ebay seems to be in no great hurry to fix. Sellers in Hawaii and Alaska have reported the same thing.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for that input. I am currently on the phone with a support agent and shared that info. Not that I am holding out much hope...

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

It's almost like they believe AK, HI and PR are "International" so they dump them into the no visibility on dot com scenario.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Miracles may never cease. No, the problem has not been resolved, however, a customer support agent actually took the time to try to get to the bottom of the issue, listening to me and trying my tests that highlight the problem. We found that HI zip codes were okay, however, PR and AK did not work. He even called me back the following day as promised, after having to wait to see if it was an indexing promblem. (It isn't.)

While waiting for him to call me back, I got impatient and wrote a message to eBay via their facebook page.  I got a response the next day and subsequently I filled him in on what the other agent found. This agent wrote back the next day that he found out that it is a known issue and that the tech department was working on it. He also acknowledged that he knew this wasn't the resolution I was looking for and that he would let me know if any headway is made with the issue. 

When I asked if any sort of credit would be forthcoming for the narrower target audience in my listings and he said that they credited my account $2.00 (which was all I had pending) and gave me a code for a credit of $20 toward a purchase on eBay.

All that feels like the most progress I've had with this in nearly a year. (Though, now that I write that, I wonder if the tech guys are actually working on it. . .)

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@alibaba40she wrote:

Miracles may never cease. No, the problem has not been resolved, however, a customer support agent actually took the time to try to get to the bottom of the issue, listening to me and trying my tests that highlight the problem. We found that HI zip codes were okay, however, PR and AK did not work. He even called me back the following day as promised, after having to wait to see if it was an indexing promblem. (It isn't.)

While waiting for him to call me back, I got impatient and wrote a message to eBay via their facebook page.  I got a response the next day and subsequently I filled him in on what the other agent found. This agent wrote back the next day that he found out that it is a known issue and that the tech department was working on it. He also acknowledged that he knew this wasn't the resolution I was looking for and that he would let me know if any headway is made with the issue. 

When I asked if any sort of credit would be forthcoming for the narrower target audience in my listings and he said that they credited my account $2.00 (which was all I had pending) and gave me a code for a credit of $20 toward a purchase on eBay.

All that feels like the most progress I've had with this in nearly a year. (Though, now that I write that, I wonder if the tech guys are actually working on it. . .)

oh, let me assure you, they are working hard to get it resolved, some of them didn't even sleep for weeks, just hang in there.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

The Alaska, Hawaii, Territories, APO/FPO issue has been known about by eBay for at least a year, and apparently still not fixed.

It has mutated into a similar issue for some International sellers in non-major countries (not US, Canada, UK, Germany, Australia, etc) who can't see their own items in search or in their stores.

Same thing was happening for some? sellers anywhere? in Asia (Hong Kong, Japan, Vietnam, Taiwan, Pakistan...) earlier this year - couldn't see their own items without changing their location to a non-Asia country.

I'm not aware that any of those have been fixed (As I have no skin in any of those games, I find better things to do than run tests all the time to check on those bugs 🙂
Message 8 of 8
latest reply