cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monies on hold

Do you realize how much many can hold for 32 even though you successfully shipped and received glowing feedback 

with high interest rates ebay is using our money for free

That is illegal even though they placed it in the policy you signed when you joined eBay 

Banks did that and they were stopped 

It is time we stop eBay 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Monies on hold

Then why did you sign that "illegal policy" when you joined eBay?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Monies on hold

Your buyer can leave glowing feedback and then open up a return in the same day.  The funds are held in case this happens.  What would happen if the funds were released to you, you spent them, and then the buyer requests a return/refund?  The money would be pulled from your checking account if you didn't address it.  This is the reason the funds for ALL new or returning sellers are held.  It isn't personal, it's business.  

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Monies on hold

It is not illegal to 'hold' money to back a 30 day money back guarantee that "we" (ebay) are giving to ALL buyers- as long as we tell any seller that we do this. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Monies on hold

@cagutt9 wrote:

Do you realize how much many can hold for 32 even though you successfully shipped and received glowing feedback 

with high interest rates ebay is using our money for free

That is illegal even though they placed it in the policy you signed when you joined eBay 

Banks did that and they were stopped 

It is time we stop eBay 

Illegal? Please find us any law which makes it illegal.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Monies on hold

@cagutt9  "Do you realize how much many can hold for 32"

What does this statement even mean?

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Monies on hold

Actually it's not eBay holding your money but okay. Also what are the "high" interest rates you speak of that eBay is making so much money off of? If you really really really think that eBay(again, not the ones holding the money) is really making that much in interest from holding funds for a few weeks then I guess the earth is flat as well.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Monies on hold

"Do you realize how much many can hold for 32 even though you successfully shipped and received glowing feedback "

You wouldnt be the first seller to receive 'glowing' feedback, then three weeks later have that buyer open a return and refund case against you. Ebay prefers that any refunds come from your pocket, not theirs. And Ebay is not holding your funds, Managed Payments is.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Monies on hold

"That is illegal even though they placed it in the policy you signed when you joined eBay"

Would you please provide a cite to any and all statutes that make(s) "that [] illegal"?
I am sure the Legal Department employed or retained by eBay will be grateful to learn how their own work was faulty.

"Banks did that and they were stopped"

Again -- would you please provide a cite to a statute?  If "Banks did  that", there may also have been a lawsuit that "stopped" them.  Can you cite any pertinent case law?  

"It is time we stop eBay"
We?  Who is/are "we" ??  I am quite satisfied with eBay.  Using this ID, I just purchased two things from two different sellers, that will be used as Christmas gifts for family/friends.  Using my selling ID, I've actually never sold anything that put me into a position where eBay would delay my payout, but if I did, I would accept the hold.  It doesn't last forever.  

Message 9 of 9
latest reply