cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Might be wise to build a couple days into handling times.

I've never seen so many posts about ebay shipping being down.  I understand the urgency for those folks with sold items that qualify for TRS-plus to get that little discount, but otherwise, I would consider adding some handling days for problems like this.   Even a couple days would lessen the stress.  You can still ship same/one day if you wish, but hiccups like this won't cause hits to your shipping metrics if it isn't possible. 

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

I have been doing this since covid. I have three day shipping but I always ship the next day. This way if there is an issue, I don't get dinged. My sale have not suffered at all because of this

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

@bdgreatbuy wrote:

WE REQUEST EBAY, REMOVE ALL DEFECTS SELLERS, WILL HAVE FROM THE PROBALM,

That's fine, but I'd rather not depend on that happening.  I looked at a couple of your items and you already have a 2 day handling time, so hopefully it won't hurt you.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

You are missing out on alot of sales by not having same day shipping.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

flapdoodle

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

First; the day is FAR from over (to print labels)

2nd; you can simply go to the usps website and purchase your label(s) there (then upload tracking numbers on your orders)

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

I've never seen so many posts about ebay shipping being down.  I understand the urgency for those folks with sold items that qualify for TRS-plus to get that little discount, but otherwise, I would consider adding some handling days for problems like this. 

If I get any further sales (in my selling account) today and Ebay shipping is still broken then I will just jump over to Paypal/Pirateship to work around the problem and get the item(s) out the door. Copy-and-paste my tracking number into the order details back on Ebay and life goes on.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Backup plan. Everyone needs a backup plan.

I increased handling time long ago for "situations"

This being one such.

Hope they resolve this quickly for those with no plan.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

2nd; you can simply go to the usps website and purchase your label(s) there (then upload tracking numbers on your orders)

At a higher price.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

My customers deserve their packages delivered right away, as I do with all sales.  I deserve for the eBay shipping service to work as expected.  No other service mentioned (Paypal/pirateship/USPS) are a full replacement for what ebay shipping is supposed to do.  Besides, I've already paid for and generated a QR Code through eBay. Now I just need it to work.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

"@stainlessenginecovers  wrote:

At a higher price."    True, but --

If I had TRS status (which I don't) . . . .
And the loss of TRS status was on the line . . . .
And major gift-giving holidays are approaching (which they are) . . . .
                        I would do what I had to do:  I would pay the higher postage price. 
Buying postage today through USPS.com or even buying my postage today in person at the counter of my local post office -- and very carefully typing the routing numbers into eBay's system by hand -- are two good options to keep a TRS status and help ensure I'm not the one to ruin [holiday] for anybody.  

Desperate times require desperate measures.  

Oh -- and be sure to keep the receipt for that higher postage you might pay at a post office counter.
Postage charges are deductible on your tax returns.  

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

redundancy is the name of the game in any online venture....

(hosting, fulfillment, development, sourcing)

why you wouldn't have "backup" options available for the most basic of operations (shipping) is incomprehensible to me in this day and age, when there are so many options available to you for discount/commercial priced shipping that cost you NOTHING to utilize their services.......

in the time it took these posters to post/call/ etc....they could have printed the labels elsewhere

SMH

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Meanwhile, might be nice for eBay to at least inform their chatbots that there is a shipping issue. If you click for help, no live help is available, and the automated phone bot and online bot has no response for "what is wrong with eBay shipping labels system today?"  Can't they just program in a "system is down, eBay is aware" message? Very poor communication during  this SNAFU today. On a Monday during the busiest shipping season of the year EBAY should be ready for its own meltdowns and have a crisis communications plan in place. A broadcast message via the message system to all sellers would have been very helpful.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

"Very poor communication during  this SNAFU today."

Yes, I've noticed this today as well.
Many, many, many sellers have posted similar questions and complaints - - - - -

apparently without reading the previous posts from many, many, many other sellers about the same thing.
And quite a few questions and complaints have been posted after eBay-Devon's post saying, essentially, "Thanks to all the sellers who have brought this to our attention. We are working on it."

Effective communication goes in more than one direction  . . . . . . . .

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Agreed.  It very apparent that eBay needs to upgrade its community pages to minimize the amount of poor communication.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply