cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Me too, I have also been robbed by eBay's customer support ...

Yes it happened to me also. I've read about it from others, and could not think it even possible that eBay would rob me too.

But they did.

- One of the buyers filed a complaint about the products he received from me saying they were not as described.

- The SNAD was partly described as not being made by the manufacturer as described in the object.

- He did not file any specifics about where and why the shipped goods to him differed from the description.

- I was confident that eBay's CS would detect this false claim, and reject it because there was no evidence.

- Surprise, Surprise. eBay's CS did not even look at the arguments supplied, and directly advised the buyer to return the goods to me.

- I did not give permission for a return, and repeated this disallowance verbatim the object listing.

- eBay refunded the payment after the buyer provided the return shipping tracking code.

I  objected several times. eBay never looked to the arguments before or after. They refered to the appliable buyer protection policy and Paypal regulation to which I agreed.  But this case makes clear that eBay themselves violate those buyer protection regulations, and did not check or evaluate the validity of the buyer's claim. eBay is obliged to do so, and perform a validity check. They failed to do so.

So I have been robbed by eBay's customer support for $400.

Who is going to rectify them ? I tried with Paypal and they don't care either.

Message 1 of 72
latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

Re: Me too, I have also been robbed by eBay's customer support ...

You weren’t robbed by customer service. I am not sure why you thought customer service was even involved? They don’t review each and made a decision. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 72
latest reply

EBay does very little to protect sellers. They are quick to punish us for the slightest infractions.
Message 3 of 72
latest reply

They are obliged to verify the claims according to the Paypal buyer protection regulation. They have repeated the applicability hereof, and so they must obey these themselves. They failed to, and robbed my Paypal account by issueing a refund, disregarding the exceptions that they MUST obey, and without supplying an explanation for the refund. The supplied articles matched the object description and eBay is therefore not entitled to execute a refund.
Message 4 of 72
latest reply

@evrieze wrote:

[...]

- I did not give permission for a return, and repeated this disallowance verbatim the object listing.

- eBay refunded the payment after the buyer provided the return shipping tracking code.

[...]

So I have been robbed by eBay's customer support for $400.

Who is going to rectify them ? I tried with Paypal and they don't care either.

Have you received the item being returned to you?

eBay is not in a position to verify authenticity, so if the buyer thinks the item is fake, he can return it. Note that "No Returns" does not mean "No Refunds," so if the buyer is at least mailing the item back to you first, you will have another chance at selling it, assuming that it comes back in good condition.

Message 5 of 72
latest reply

@evrieze wrote:
They are obliged to verify the claims according to the Paypal buyer protection regulation. They have repeated the applicability hereof, and so they must obey these themselves. They failed to, and robbed my Paypal account by issueing a refund, disregarding the exceptions that they MUST obey, and without supplying an explanation for the refund. The supplied articles matched the object description and eBay is therefore not entitled to execute a refund.

you do not understand how the eBay money-back guarantee works. If a buyer claims something is not as described eBay will automatically side with the buyer and refund their money.

Your refusal of the delivery and the return doesn't mean a darn thing. EBay did what was right for the buyer and made them whole.

Continuing the post on this subject is not going to help you. All it does is clutter up the boards in the tracking people who actually have real issues.

Message 7 of 72
latest reply

@evrieze wrote:

eBay does not get involved in Paypal cases for not as described. 

If you got an eBay request for not as described, this is a return request, as buyers are allowed to make return for not as described reasons.  Since eBay does not know exactly what you sent or what the buyer received they do the neutral thing and require a return to happen so both parties can be made whole again.  Buyers gets there refund and seller gets item back.

You agreed to the eBay money back gaurantee when you listed your item. 

Good Luck Selling!

Message 8 of 72
latest reply

@evrieze wrote:
They are obliged to verify the claims according to the Paypal buyer protection regulation.

IMHO you are 100% mistaken. Neither eBay customer support nor eBay itself is obligated to follow PayPal's protection policies. They are entirely separate companies.

There is also nothing in the eBay Seller Protection policy that says they are obligated to verify claims.

Message 9 of 72
latest reply

@evrieze wrote:

OP, are you a lawyer? Your post sounds like you might be.

How do you feel they "disregarding (ed) the exceptions that they MUST obey?

And why do you feel there was no explanation of the refund?  If you have read ebay's guidelines if a buyer files SNAD, then you have to accept the return and refund.

You feel the article matched the description but your buyer felt otherwise.  Ebay did not see that article either coming or going but will err on the side of the buyer as most businesses and  venues do.

Message 10 of 72
latest reply

@evrieze wrote:

eBay is under no obligation to get involved in a dispute that occurs elsewhere. They aren’t bound by any PayPal policies and don’t have to follow PayPal’s rules. eBay sets ebays rules. They don’t follow PayPal’s and they certainly don’t have to “obey” them.  They didn’t rob you either. They can’t verify authenticity. have you not read the user agreement you signed? You gave them permission to do what they did. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 11 of 72
latest reply

@goodluckselling wrote:

eBay does not get involved in Paypal cases for not as described. 

You agreed to the eBay money back gaurantee when you listed your item.

I seem to get a lot of answers from eBay employees or individuals who defend eBay's criminal behaviour.

I did agree to the eBay user agreemnt and the implicit MBG program for transactions using Paypal, after having read that eBay themselves will also comply with the protocol described in it. At least, there was a time when I believed that they realy intend to. And they have also repeated their intention to respect and obey the policy described in the Paypal user agreement on : https://www.paypal.com/re/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#13
So, if eBay's CS keeps repeating that they have "reviewed" the case, and also reconfirmed that their decision was made following the buyer protection regulation set out in that Paypal document, those are multiple lies in one sentence. They have never reviewed any detail of the dispute; and if they say that eBay follows the rules defined in the Paypal document, that is a clear lie.
If eBay follows the Paypal definition of the MBG, then they have the duty to check whether the requirements for a refund are fulfilled. The MBG is a CONDITIONAL refund. It is eBay's duty to check whether the requirements are met, and further that explicit exceptions that are mentioned in the Paypal regulation do NOT apply.

If eBay fails to perform the necessary checks and verification, then they are not entitled to grab payments Paypal account. And it is Paypal duty to correct any mistake if eBay violates the agreement between Paypal and eBay.

Message 12 of 72
latest reply

You would be better off posting on the Netherlands site
https://m.ebay.nl
Message 13 of 72
latest reply

Total bul**bleep**. I don't refer to seller protection but about buyer protection. In all the replies, eBay have reconfirmed and repeated that their actions are based on the buyer protection program such as defined by Paypal. So if they call on the Paypal definition and user agreement, and state that their MBG protocol is purely based on that definition, then eBay MUST obey that regulation themselved too.
Message 14 of 72
latest reply

@evrieze wrote:
Total bul**bleep**. I don't refer to seller protection but about buyer protection. In all the replies, eBay have reconfirmed and repeated that their actions are based on the buyer protection program such as defined by Paypal. So if they call on the Paypal definition and user agreement, and state that their MBG protocol is purely based on that definition, then eBay MUST obey that regulation themselved too.

Since you are referring to more than one reply.  Can you show us a link to explain this as you are saying?    eBay does not have any control over Paypal policies.  We have expressed this to you in a few different threads already and have asked for you to show us your proof of this kind of language. 

Paypal handles there own cases.  eBay handles there own requests and cases.  You are trying to marry them together for some unknown reason?  Where did your buyer open a case?  Was it on eBay or Paypal?  Also show us the language where you are speaking from.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 15 of 72
latest reply