cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local pick up and never picked up ??

What happens if I sell an item for local pick up and the buyer never picks it up?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

After a reasonable length of time, wouldn't you reach out to the buyer?

And, if you got no response, wouldn't you just refund the buyer?

You aren't referring to the item you sold one day ago, are you?

Asking because all of the other sold items were mailable and including shipping charges.  

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The following link may provide some insight. However, eBay is not very specific on the timelines regarding local pickup probably because there are too many variables. It is pretty much up to you to work through this with the buyer. If you attempt to contact them and they never get back to you I would, after some period of time, consider that as a sign that the buyer wants to cancel the order and simply cancel the order using buyer requested. 

There have been a few postings on this forum regarding buyers that purchased items and never realized they were local pickup only. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/local-pickup?id=4181& 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Last time it happened to me, I keep messaging the buyer about once a week. After about a month they finally messaged me and said it was a mistake and then I refunded them. Not sure what I would have done if they hadn't contacted me back. Maybe eventually would have just refunded them. Not sure if the sale disappears from your history after 3 months like normal sales.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply