cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing tool update causes 3x more clicks to remove all pics!?- are we going down this road again???

Yesterday my listing tool updated and now the "picture box" has a new design that is surrounded by a dotted line ands they removed the ultra convenient "Remove all pictures" button from the top right corner. 

Now you must hover over the corner to get an "edit" prompt to appear, then click it.  That makes a check all box on the other side of the screen show up. THEN you must check that box which makes a delet button show up on the OTHER side of the page that you must click .

Come on- this is just getting completely ridiculous now. We already had this fight with ebay when this tool rolled out 2 years ago to absolute hatred.  Why is ebay making it take longer to do SIMPLE tasks again.

It is not industry standard to make a one click feature take 4 clicks instead!

Is the design team getting paid by how many extra clicks they add to the desktop experience?  Full time sellers use desktops. All ebay employees use desktops, all companies use desktops to conduct business- we need the listing tool to act like a real tool optimized for business like we used to have with the classic tool.

If we are futzing around wasting time clicking here and there constantly- we are not adding new listings to ebay- what dont they get about that?  

BTW- with this update- the tool no longer remembers our calculated shipping options anymore so we have to click in the popup again and add USPS Advantage, USPS Priority, Fedex, and UPS........every time we list- it used to keep those selection on the listing and all we had to do was change the weight and dimensions.

Also it no longer keeps the handling fee or the immediate payment button checked

This update adds at least 15 clicks and another 1-2 minutes to the listing process.....and for what? 

Message 1 of 106
latest reply
105 REPLIES 105

Re: Listing tool update causes 3x more clicks to remove all pics!?- are we going down this road agai

I can also confirm for the Firefox browser, clearing cookies and site data changed it back to how it was.

You can do this for just eBay if you don't want to clear your whole browser.

Go to any eBay page.

Click on the padlock to the left of the address in the address bar.

Click "Clear cookies and site data..."

Click "Remove".

You will have to login again, and it should be back to normal.

Message 91 of 106
latest reply

Re: Listing tool update causes 3x more clicks to remove all pics!?- are we going down this road agai

Thank you for those shortcut steps. Very helpful.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 92 of 106
latest reply

I also have noticed the changes take many extra steps . I can’t imagine being a new seller trying to navigate the   changes that happen continuously .  Also your total number of listings is now an inaccurate  vague number . I so wish they would stop doing this ! 

Message 93 of 106
latest reply

@tx-shopping thanks for the tip! i was not aware that you could clear cache and cookies from the address bar.  That should be a daily routine for ebay! 

For me it only fixed it only fixed the picture delete button  issue though-  The listing tool still does NOT remember my everyday preferences like "shipping selections", "handling charge", or immediate payment required".

Why do we have to fight ebay to get a simple industry standard working product?    

Message 94 of 106
latest reply

I should clarify in my previous post that I was talking about just the picture situation.

I got back "Remove All" and the trash cans for deleting individual pictures.

Message 95 of 106
latest reply

Remove all pics now replaced with continue with your listing. What listing? It is a terrible confusing mess.

Message 96 of 106
latest reply

Randomly is back today, did they put it back or is this a happy glitch?? I hadn't yet cleared cache so I don't know what changed.

Message 97 of 106
latest reply

@frankbama41 wrote:

Randomly is back today, did they put it back or is this a happy glitch?? I hadn't yet cleared cache so I don't know what changed.

I've made no changes to my desktop view recently, but am happy to confirm that I am now seeing the previous format of picture handling back again. The inept new revision attempt seems to be gone, at least for me.

Message 98 of 106
latest reply

Mine went back to previous version last night. Listed a couple and then it changed back to previous version, took me a minute to go back to the old way lol

Message 99 of 106
latest reply

kyle@ebay wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@siamjane8 wrote:

I was excited to read your post above and went to make a listing to confirm but unfortunately i am still stuck with the new "longer" 3x click version😫. as of 4/11/2024 8am still bad listing experience with extra clicks and still does not remember shipping  options or handling charge or immed payment.

@siamjane8 

I use mainly Templates and just created a dummy listing.  While shipping options have not changed the image uploader has switched to the multi-step non-Seller enhancing format.  kyle@ebay add me to the list.  TOO many extra and unnecessary clicks have been added to the listing tool flow.

Hey @mr_lincoln @siamjane8 @modernvintagevibes @a_c_green, my apologies to everyone for the late response; I had an emergency pop up and was out the rest of the week.   We are still working to get to the bottom of this, but we are making solid progress.  We have ensured all the right people are aware of the grief this is causing, and hope to have a final update soon!  

So kyle@ebay 

Any word on this?????  Is it IN/OUT/STILL TESTING?????

Message 100 of 106
latest reply

The team is definitely messing around with the listing tool because now the checkbox for immediate payment required disappeared and reappeared higher up on the page in the payments section... Insignificant change and does not really matter because sellers either check it or they dont- as long as it remembers what we what so we dont have to check it every time.

Listing tool still does NOT remember my shipping option selections so i MUST click into the popup box and select all 4 options i use and then reorder them back on the main page by clicking 3 dots and selecting "make preferred"....... a simple drag and drop for the desktop would be MUCH appreciated and save time and is easier and more intuitive to use. LESS CLICKS FOR A DESKTOP- we need someone to actually use and design this tool from the perspective of a computer- not a phone. 

Message 101 of 106
latest reply

@siamjane8 wrote:

The team is definitely messing around with the listing tool because now the checkbox for immediate payment required disappeared and reappeared higher up on the page in the payments section... Insignificant change and does not really matter because sellers either check it or they don't- as long as it remembers what we what so we don't have to check it every time.

I noticed that new placement the other day too. That specific change (moving the IPR checkbox up to the payment section) was something I had requested via the Comments form years ago, with no response of course, and now that it's finally been done, I think that's entirely a good thing.

It was way too easy to whiz past the checkbox when scrolling down the page, and since we often recommend here that newbie sellers should be listing as Fixed Price with Immediate Payment Required, this new placement might help to ensure that more new sellers see it and use it without having to learn about it later on.

Message 102 of 106
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

kyle@ebay wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@siamjane8 wrote:

I was excited to read your post above and went to make a listing to confirm but unfortunately i am still stuck with the new "longer" 3x click version😫. as of 4/11/2024 8am still bad listing experience with extra clicks and still does not remember shipping  options or handling charge or immed payment.

@siamjane8 

I use mainly Templates and just created a dummy listing.  While shipping options have not changed the image uploader has switched to the multi-step non-Seller enhancing format.  kyle@ebay add me to the list.  TOO many extra and unnecessary clicks have been added to the listing tool flow.

Hey @mr_lincoln @siamjane8 @modernvintagevibes @a_c_green, my apologies to everyone for the late response; I had an emergency pop up and was out the rest of the week.   We are still working to get to the bottom of this, but we are making solid progress.  We have ensured all the right people are aware of the grief this is causing, and hope to have a final update soon!  

So kyle@ebay 

Any word on this?????  Is it IN/OUT/STILL TESTING?????

Hey @dhbookds thanks for checking in.  We do not have any updates at this time, but we will be sure to share them as soon as we do!

Kyle,
eBay
Message 103 of 106
latest reply

I've listed a few things over the last couple of days and my listing form switches around.  A few were back to old version, a couple were still the new annoying version and one was just weird.  Maybe it's because I don't list many sneakers, but when I listed a cheap pair yesterday, the photo blocks had diagrams of shoe angles -- I guess I was supposed to place my photos in the appropriate block, but after I uploaded the first photo, the diagrams all disappeared.

Message 104 of 106
latest reply

THANKS FOR FIXING THE ISSUES LISTING TOOL TEAM!!-  Just now this morning, the listing tool is working correctly finally.

1. No issues with the pictures- the delete all button is back  👍

2. "Immediate Payment Required" button has moved to payment section but is working and saying checked like it should 👍

3.  The shipping section keeps all 4 options in place so we dont have to re-select each time 👍

4.  When you cut and paste into the descriptions the curser is now at the end of sentence like it should be so you can just hit enter and the curser moves to the next line 👍

Glad its fixed but these issues caused many months of seller frustration and angst.  Please in the future stop making unwarranted changes without checking with sellers first- we wont steer you wrong- we just want it to work!

Thanks

Message 105 of 106
latest reply