cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing retention: ideas please

Hi, 

Any knowledge here would be much appreciated.

I am a hobby seller of 2nd hand DVDs. My biggest frustration is that having spent time completing a listing I frequently find that I pick up a similar title DVD several months later. If it's within 90 days of the sale I can "sell a similar item". Bingo - it's quick - I only need to alter the condition and possibly the price - it takes seconds.

After 90 days you need to complete the whole listing again as the details have been deleted.

A few years back I was happy with Auctiva - they met my needs perfectly and over a period I built up a sizable database of saved and quickly amended listings. After a slowness to respond to eBay changes - a reduction in templates and no html fix to saved listings - the frustration grew to the point that I gave it up. It was probably a mistake but going back to them now is too expensive as they have changed their business model  - twice the cost for a reduced numbers of listings.

Could anyone recommend any cheap listing sites that would store previous sales for later reuse? Or have any clever methods of otherwise resolving my issue?

Many thanks.

Reg

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Reg, I think it is against the rules to mention competitive sites.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

I've badly worded it - I'm happy with eBay - I meant sites / providers who offer listing templates etc, for eBay like Auctiva.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

@regowens57 

Six Bit has a free 6 month trial going on right now.  

https://www.sixbitsoftware.com/tllanding/ 

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Mcdougle4248 thank you. I never used Turbo Lister so would this be easy to master / learn?
Message 5 of 22
latest reply

When creating listings there is a option to save a template have you tried that?

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

@regowens57 wrote:
Mcdougle4248 thank you. I never used Turbo Lister so would this be easy to master / learn?

My understanding is that the program Sixbit offers to replace Turbo Lister is even more user friendly than TL was, but be prepared to pay 14.99 per month, once your trial period of 6 mo is over. The trial period starts for each person with the first day of registering. And they have higher-priced plans, also, so the one for 14.99 may be good for basic purposes, only. I am still undecided whether to do this one or Ink Frog. And I agree on everything you said about Auctiva. 

For those selling on more than one site, look for one that says Multi-channel listing software. 

And if you have an account on the Ranch, it automatically imports all your eBay listings, but they very heavily push sellers now to update to a paid store (booth) subscription, so there is no or very few options for a FREE solution. 

Best of luck

PW

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

@regowens57 wrote:

I don't use it, so sorry I don't know.   I sell the the same thing all the time so either use sell similar or list from one of my eBay generated templates.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

@regowens57 

@3eyedfishcatcher wrote:

When creating listings there is a option to save a template have you tried that?

This ^^^ You can save up to 50 templates and they don't disappear, they can be revised, etc., and are very flexible.  I would try this first.  It's also faster than hunting down a 'sell similar' - at least for me.

Alternatively, what I do for computer equipment, is just use a spreadsheet where I have the model, and after that the title and description and price.  I just c/p the title and description, drop in the photos and that's it.  So that's an idea if you need more than 50 variations.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Wonderlister is 5 bucks a month, billed quarterly.

Cheap, easy, offline, and works. I've been using it for about 2 years now after Turbolister.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

https://www.auctiva.com/?how=morecommerce

Auctiva is back under a new name.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 11 of 22
latest reply

I haven't signed up or tied it yet, they just sent me an advertisment.
Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

I just keep all my descriptions in a text file on my desktop. These also included the basic HTML coding I use to "brand" my listings.

Cut and paste.

I also keep the pictures in another file, but since, like you, I am selling used items, and since books can go through several editions, covers, and publishers and can be in various states of "used" from "appears unread" to "very good- library discard with stamps and reading creases"  I don't use them very often.

The descriptions are in alphabetical order by author, and I can find the specific title I want by clicking on  eg the B file and searching either the author name "Boyer"  or the title eg "Elves and Otterskin".

I still have to fill in ISBN, but again that may differ from edition to edition and readers are fussy about that sometimes.

This is free. I control it, not some company that may go out of business suddenly. And it works with Apple products, which TL never did.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

I use auctiva.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Thank you.

Yes, I have but most of my description includes a cut and paste review of a movie so it doesn't really save a lot of time as each listing will differ. With regards to prefilling standard info which I can if nec. alter - posting options, etc yes I do use a basic type of template - it saves some time but my biggest gripe is having to find a review each time I list (if not sold last 90 days) and think of a suitably decent title etc.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply