cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lets get this outta the way, how long have you been a seller here?

Im seeing more and more posts in here with sellers starting off by introducing themselves stating how long theyve been a seller here.

So let this be the official thread where everyone can type how long theyve been a seller here so they dont have to type it out in their post anymore. So no need to type your seller age in your post anymore because others can just check this post to see it. Id start off by stating my seller age, but you know what? I wont because ebay doesnt care about it, so neither do I.

So whos first?

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: Lets get this outta the way, how long have you been a seller here?

@iart wrote:

I haven't started selling yet but an eBay glitch allows strangers to leave me feedback. Weird.

😄😆

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 16 of 38
latest reply

8 years i think - i had a store for most of them. Just cancelled my store subscription as sales have dried up....but i'm not complaining.

Message 17 of 38
latest reply

I've somehow resisted selling for 17 years ... but have been accused of being a seller dozens of times.  I have imperfect feedback ... having received a glorious neg many moons ago.

Message 18 of 38
latest reply

4 months, is that expert level yet?

Message 19 of 38
latest reply

19 years.   19 very long years.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 20 of 38
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

I have been on eBay for 22 years. 

I am very old now, eking out a living with a worm farm in my basement, my Social Security pittance, and my eBay sales of stuff I've been finding around the house for the past 22 years that I no longer need.   You know, like 43 sets of china, 214 tablecloths, 17 remote controls, 309 new candles in jars, 18 plastic wheelbarrows, 87 bedspreads, 113 unused photo albums, 78 pairs of unworn insoles, 43 boxes of cotton swabs, 902 picture frames, 8017 cute ceramic figurines, 12 crockpots, 2026 collector plates, 33 pairs of NIB earbuds, 64 cutting boards, and all the other stuff typically found in the average poor old person's little house.

I do this -- maintaining a perfect feedback score, by the way -- while caring for my late son's and his disabled wife's autistic twins, along with looking in six times a day on the veteran next door who has dementia.  Did I mention I'm also a veteran and have cancer?

Anyhow, I WANT PAYPAL BACK!!!!!!!!!!

=

Don't forget:  EBAY SUCK'S AND THEY ARE FULL OF COMMIE LIER'S AND THEIF'S AND SENDING OUR MONEY TO COMPANY'S IN A FOREIGN COMMIE COUNTRY WHO ISNT EVEN REGISTERED WITH THE BBB PLUS THERE MAKING ME PAY TAX'S IT'S A SOSHULIST PLOT I'M GETTING A LAWYER AND FILING A LAW SUITE!!! EBAY WILL BE DEAD AND BURYED WHEN I'M DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 21 of 38
latest reply

Started selling here in Feb of 2003.  Joined the forum in 2006.  Haven't shut up since.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 22 of 38
latest reply

Been selling on eBay since 2013.  I also sold on half.eBay.com.  Who remembers that site??? 

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 23 of 38
latest reply

@iamalwaysright 

I first started selling in 2006 or 7, can't really remember and sold for some years.  I sold primarily books and my main titles were children's from preschool through high-school.  Branched off to adult nonfiction etc.

Due to personal issues I closed that account,  stupidly, I  didn't realize that I could of left it open.

I rejoined, I think in 2018, but I'd need to look at my profile to be sure. I started down the path of china, glasses, tea sets and some special clothing pieces. Etc Etc.

I took all my listings down at the beginning of the year sometime, due to the possibility of not being able to service my orders in a timely manner.  I am keeping hope alive that, if all goes well, sometime in February 🤞🤞🤞I may be able to slowly come back to selling.  I am sure hopeful. 

Grandma 

Message 24 of 38
latest reply

@luckythewinner 

First, I don't know how you found that a person's story correlates to their being right and eBay being wrong.  Just don't get it. 

Secondly,  it is my belief that when someone shares who they are it is a gift of trust.  I am one of that group and have found that the many that cheer me on have helped me make it through some very tough days.  I am forever grateful.  I am not looking for anything,  no listing to buy on my page. Sometimes I just get lonely and afraid, and I have found it helps to try and help others. So I hang here when I can.

I hope that you understand for those of us that are going through our stuff there are days that reaching out to strangers helps. For me it is a time that I don't have to witness the sadness I see in my friends and family  members eyes. 

I try to find some positive feedback for most posts that I  respond to because there is enough ugly to go around.  Kindness matters, period.

Grandma 

Message 25 of 38
latest reply

My eBay account is old enough to vote, it can't wait to be old enough to drink.

lisa5768
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 26 of 38
latest reply

"that I no longer need.   You know, like 43 sets of china, 214 tablecloths, 17 remote controls, 309 new candles in jars, 18 plastic wheelbarrows, 87 bedspreads, 113 unused photo albums, 78 pairs of unworn insoles, 43 boxes of cotton swabs, 902 picture frames, 8017 cute ceramic figurines, 12 crockpots, 2026 collector plates, 33 pairs of NIB earbuds, 64 cutting boards, and all the other stuff typically found in the average poor old person's little house."

Dang...was that you in that drone-spy thingy?  But you forgot the partridge in a pear tree.

Message 27 of 38
latest reply

Actually it was a big ole hawk.  Not sure what kind of tree.  And you got me beat on the tableclothes, I sold a bunch so probably only have about 20 left.

Message 28 of 38
latest reply

2001.  I remember making my account even - I was upstairs at Coffee Republic, a great coffee house in London.  I'd been selling on a couple of other places already but decided to start up on ebay.  I had a UK account but eBay kept shutting it down - I guess they can't grok someone staying in two places.

So, I'm one of those bog-standard people who can start my complaining posts with "20 year eBay seller here." 🙄  

I get that there are things here that don't work, crazy initiatives and a general disconnect between the admin and everyone else, and MP did a terrible job at the communications aspect of their rollout, but the site works pretty darned well most of the time if one keeps up. 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 29 of 38
latest reply

@1grandmashope_1 Hey Grandmom,  Hope you are doing well this wonderful season.  Been thinking of you 😉

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 30 of 38
latest reply