cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lets get this outta the way, how long have you been a seller here?

Im seeing more and more posts in here with sellers starting off by introducing themselves stating how long theyve been a seller here.

So let this be the official thread where everyone can type how long theyve been a seller here so they dont have to type it out in their post anymore. So no need to type your seller age in your post anymore because others can just check this post to see it. Id start off by stating my seller age, but you know what? I wont because ebay doesnt care about it, so neither do I.

So whos first?

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

LOL! Yes, I have said this over and over. When someone posts, they have to say I have been on ebay for xx years and I am upset because something changed since the last time I listed in 1942! 

Message 2 of 38
latest reply

I love the one's who post they've been on ebay longer than ebay has been in existence. lol. 

Message 3 of 38
latest reply

Long enough that I used to charge $1 for the item and something crazy on shipping, all to get around eBay fees 🙂

Message 4 of 38
latest reply

@iamalwaysright wrote:

Im seeing more and more posts in here with sellers starting off by introducing themselves stating how long theyve been a seller here.

Your intended audience will not read this thread. 

Your intended audience are sellers who are posting here for the first time, and who believe that seniority and/or past success makes them perfect and their opinions unassailable. 

P.S. don't you also want to know if they are disabled, a veteran, a cancer survivor, a single parent, unemployed,  or caring for infirm parents or children? Those are other things that make them right and eBay wrong. 

Message 5 of 38
latest reply

Don't forget about the perfect feedback.

"I've been selling here for XX years and i have perfect feedback.."

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 6 of 38
latest reply

Inhawaii, you got that backwards.  I've been buying here for xx years and have perfect feedback. 

Message 7 of 38
latest reply

I've been selling on eBay for 31 years.

Message 8 of 38
latest reply

I have been on eBay for 22 years. 

I am very old now, eking out a living with a worm farm in my basement, my Social Security pittance, and my eBay sales of stuff I've been finding around the house for the past 22 years that I no longer need.   You know, like 43 sets of china, 214 tablecloths, 17 remote controls, 309 new candles in jars, 18 plastic wheelbarrows, 87 bedspreads, 113 unused photo albums, 78 pairs of unworn insoles, 43 boxes of cotton swabs, 902 picture frames, 8017 cute ceramic figurines, 12 crockpots, 2026 collector plates, 33 pairs of NIB earbuds, 64 cutting boards, and all the other stuff typically found in the average poor old person's little house.

I do this -- maintaining a perfect feedback score, by the way -- while caring for my late son's and his disabled wife's autistic twins, along with looking in six times a day on the veteran next door who has dementia.  Did I mention I'm also a veteran and have cancer?

Anyhow, I WANT PAYPAL BACK!!!!!!!!!!

=

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

2005 , there I did my part

Message 10 of 38
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

I have been on eBay for 22 years. 

I am very old now, eking out a living with a worm farm in my basement, my Social Security pittance, and my eBay sales of stuff I've been finding around the house for the past 22 years that I no longer need.   You know, like 43 sets of china, 214 tablecloths, 17 remote controls, 309 new candles in jars, 18 plastic wheelbarrows, 87 bedspreads, 113 unused photo albums, 78 pairs of unworn insoles, 43 boxes of cotton swabs, 902 picture frames, 8017 cute ceramic figurines, 12 crockpots, 2026 collector plates, 33 pairs of NIB earbuds, 64 cutting boards, and all the other stuff typically found in the average poor old person's little house.

I do this -- maintaining a perfect feedback score, by the way -- while caring for my late son's and his disabled wife's autistic twins, along with looking in six times a day on the veteran next door who has dementia.  Did I mention I'm also a veteran and have cancer?

Anyhow, I WANT PAYPAL BACK!!!!!!!!!!

=

With all that said, you're still hoppin' MAD and leaving, right??  (Just as soon as you find that magic selling site with no fees??)

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 11 of 38
latest reply

It only feels  like an eternity...

Message 12 of 38
latest reply

Tagging on:

Been on eBay since Roosevelt was President.     

Not Frank,    The other  one.

Message 13 of 38
latest reply

Never sold, Just buying since the days of Noah.

Message 14 of 38
latest reply

I haven't started selling yet but an eBay glitch allows strangers to leave me feedback. Weird.

Message 15 of 38
latest reply