cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label Printing FAILURE ...

I posted on three threads yesterday, saw another one on the M2M list I could not reply to and I am sure more are cropping up.  Yesterday all I got was "Page 1 of 1" printed at the top of the page but no label.  This morning, Friday - 7 AM-ish EST the PayPal link fails each time I try to use the print function in BOTH Internet Explorer AND Firefox.  All I get is the spinning wheel.

Imagine folks who opted in to Guaranteed Delivery not being able to print labels ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Label Printing FAILURE ...

What is funny is the fact that eBay employees on this forum have given up even trying to answer questions because they don't have any answers for the myriad of problems eBay has caused, like their deleting sellers listings when they are paying big money for stores.

Now sellers can't even print a label to ship orders, but we must meet every eBay policy to be here when they can't even provide a proper service themselves.

New management all across the top of the company is needed, eBay is quickly becoming the next Yahoo.

Message 16 of 39
latest reply

Ebay management should be purged immediately. What percentage of sellers actually like this company?  The printing label problem is just the most recent thorn in the sellers side.  I like evryone else wish a viable alternative would appear

Message 17 of 39
latest reply

Their priorities are to meet the next quarterly earnings numbers, and that is sad, they just want to keep their jobs and that results in not actually doing the job to restore the company to a long term sound growth plan. 

Message 18 of 39
latest reply

@ymeagainlord  wrote: That's all I'm getting as well and it doesn't matter what browser I use.

Yep ... I just printed via PayPal and the tracking uploaded to eBay ... I am sure they will get this fixed before the weekend.Its all over the place ... here are just a few threads on it, names and IDs block of course to conform to Policy ..

Lables.jpg

Regards,
Message 19 of 39
latest reply

@rosino

@rosino wrote:

Ebay management should be purged immediately. What percentage of sellers actually like this company?  The printing label problem is just the most recent thorn in the sellers side.  I like evryone else wish a viable alternative would appear

Well I have to confess that for the most part I like the venue ... yes, I have a healthy list of improvements that I would recommend but for the most part its been a good exeperience.  And this Label Printing issue, while wide spread, brought out The Community to offer up a number of work arounds that helped many Members, @cal_w62 's suggestiong to use the File pulldown menu and Print function in IE was great, others said to just use PayPal which worked and uploaded tracking to eBay, I did a screen shot and printed it allowing me to keep a separate record if needed, others suggested switching to stamps.com and request an eBay account, etc.  So overall folks came here and are getting through it while Home Office figures it out ...

Regards,
Message 20 of 39
latest reply

I just printed one label on PP (luckily they were all FCP this morning) and then when I tried eBay again the labels started printing as usual.....

Beats me.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 21 of 39
latest reply

Just use EDGE or another browser for printing labels.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 22 of 39
latest reply

There's no glitch with Paypal, I am getting charged for the label but it will not print.   I click print and it refreshes itself and that's all.  Also the label is not straight up and down. It's sideways.  I am using Windows 10 Edge and Explorer and same deal on Firefox.  The only way to print at the moment is to save to pdf file and print from there.  What's another two step dance to make that sale??  :0

Message 23 of 39
latest reply

Someone posted in the other thread that this issue was solved man.....

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Having-problems-printing-a-shipping-label-comes-out-blank-anyon...

If you take the time to read the above thread it has a few good workarounds until eBay and Pitney Bowes gets it together so you can still print labels.

Message 24 of 39
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

I posted on three threads yesterday, saw another one on the M2M list I could not reply to and I am sure more are cropping up.  Yesterday all I got was "Page 1 of 1" printed at the top of the page but no label.  This morning, Friday - 7 AM-ish EST the PayPal link fails each time I try to use the print function in BOTH Internet Explorer AND Firefox.  All I get is the spinning wheel.

Imagine folks who opted in to Guaranteed Delivery not being able to print labels ...

These labels just don't like you, do they?

Message 25 of 39
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@badwolf12  Thanks again Wolf, I think you are right about not doing the System Restore, I'm going to try PayPal label print shortly, I did that once before so no biggie.  BUT, here's an update, the process is getting one step further than before and admitting one's mistake is an important step in resolving any issue right!  I think by days end Home Office will have all their software updated and the issue resolved. 

Screenshot (709).png

I can't tell you how many people got onto me on this board last winter, because I stated that I don't use labels because way too many sellers keep posting problems with them. Hassle free labels...Yeah, right.

Message 26 of 39
latest reply

Just one of the many reasons I use stamps.com instead of Ebay/Paypal. Never a problem, ever.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 27 of 39
latest reply

We just write them out buy hand, It's faster, and we have to drop all the mail everyday at the PO and come back at the end of the day to get the tracking and Ins slips, because I have way too much mail going out everyday. Only one clerk, so I can't hold up the line that long, doing scans anyway. Plus it keeps the peace.

Message 28 of 39
latest reply

@timemachine777 wrote:

We just write them out buy hand, It's faster, and we have to drop all the mail everyday at the PO and come back at the end of the day to get the tracking and Ins slips, because I have way too much mail going out everyday. Only one clerk, so I can't hold up the line that long, doing scans anyway. Plus it keeps the peace.

You can use the free eBay account offered by stamps.com.

You'll save $$ on postage purchasing online.

You won't waste time entering all of the tracking #s to the transactions.

You won't hold up the line at the PO because stamps will let you print a scan sheet. Even better than eBay labels you can print packing slips throughout the day then at the end of the day select all of your packages to include on the scan sheet.

If your system works for you then that's good, too.

The above option saves money and time, so it's something to think about.

Message 29 of 39
latest reply

@timemachine777

@timemachine777 wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

These labels just don't like you, do they?

Ha ha ha!  Still laughing!  Sorry I missed this one ... and no, they don't like me so I am trying to convince them its business not personal so they should just ... do ... their ... job!

Regards,
Message 30 of 39
latest reply