cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label Printing FAILURE ...

I posted on three threads yesterday, saw another one on the M2M list I could not reply to and I am sure more are cropping up.  Yesterday all I got was "Page 1 of 1" printed at the top of the page but no label.  This morning, Friday - 7 AM-ish EST the PayPal link fails each time I try to use the print function in BOTH Internet Explorer AND Firefox.  All I get is the spinning wheel.

Imagine folks who opted in to Guaranteed Delivery not being able to print labels ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Mr Lincoln, I know there are issues with eBay labels, but are you having problems with PayPal labels as well?

Have you ever looked into stamps.com? You can create an account today with a free 1-month trial, and when you have the time call their CS and request to be switched to the "free eBay account". Their service is usually pretty reliable.

I remember reading that both you and your wife sell. You can link both of your accounts to the same stamps.com account if you wanted to. That's the reason I started using it - I can link different selling accounts to the same stamps account and print all of my postage in one go.

Message 2 of 39
latest reply

Hi mr lincoln

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Ebay-shipping-label-will-not-print/m-p/27096428#M29193

I just printed several using Windows 10 with edge no issues
Seems to be browser issues per above post on tech board.

Some on tech board found ways around it

Good luck, hope you can get it done !

Message 3 of 39
latest reply

@badwolf12  Thanks Wolf!  Yes, I've read about Stamps.com and if this persists through today I may wind up switching.  I have not tried printing a label in PayPal yet, just through the eBay connection.  Pic below is the latest issue, the PayPal connection ... just ... won't ... complete.  We're 2.2 miles from the Post Office so its no big deal to simply pay at the counter and then upload tracking for the one package I have this morning.  But, I've tried everything, deleted more cookies then Oreos on a tractor trailer, deleted more History then the Romans created in 500 years, etc.

Screenshot (708).png

Regards,
Message 4 of 39
latest reply

@labs118  Thanks Labs!  I just read the thread through your link.  Now on that thread they mentioned recent Updates, which my system did two days in a row and that's when mine started to have issues ... BOTH IE and Firefox.  To eliminate the Updates as a potential issue I might do a System Restore to the last restore point and see if the problem clears.

Regards,
Message 5 of 39
latest reply

We've seen this happen a lot when browsers are updated but eBay's system isn't synched up yet. They really need to be ahead of it, not lagging behind.

Mr Lincoln- print the label for today directly from the PayPal transaction. Don't even bother with the system restore because it will just need to be re-updated at a later date. eBay's system will catch up soon enough and until that happens just print from PayPal. You can always look into stamps.com or any other service for the future if need be.

Message 6 of 39
latest reply

@badwolf12  Thanks again Wolf, I think you are right about not doing the System Restore, I'm going to try PayPal label print shortly, I did that once before so no biggie.  BUT, here's an update, the process is getting one step further than before and admitting one's mistake is an important step in resolving any issue right!  I think by days end Home Office will have all their software updated and the issue resolved. 

Screenshot (709).png

Regards,
Message 7 of 39
latest reply

@badwolf12, @labs118  Label printed just fine in PayPal ...

Regards,
Message 8 of 39
latest reply

Don't revert your Microsoft updates just to print an eBay label, you open yourself up to hackers.

Use the work arounds until you are able to print a label or change browsers for a while.

Message 9 of 39
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@badwolf12  Thanks Wolf!  Yes, I've read about Stamps.com and if this persists through today I may wind up switching.  I have not tried printing a label in PayPal yet, just through the eBay connection.  Pic below is the latest issue, the PayPal connection ... just ... won't ... complete.  We're 2.2 miles from the Post Office so its no big deal to simply pay at the counter and then upload tracking for the one package I have this morning.  But, I've tried everything, deleted more cookies then Oreos on a tractor trailer, deleted more History then the Romans created in 500 years, etc.

Screenshot (708).pngThat's all I'm getting as well and it doesn't matter what browser I use.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 10 of 39
latest reply

That might be because PayPal itself is not loading right now, it is a wonder these two companies are even online, what a mess they have made of both sites.

Message 11 of 39
latest reply

One would think a "world class technology company" wouldn't have these issues.....

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 12 of 39
latest reply

@badwolf12 wrote:

We've seen this happen a lot when browsers are updated but eBay's system isn't synched up yet. They really need to be ahead of it, not lagging behind.

Thanks for the laugh of the day!

Well, eBay has never worked well with Microsoft, because at one time eBay was blacklisted by Microsoft as a source of malware, so there you have it, eBay is way behind the curve in the programming business.

Message 14 of 39
latest reply

@ymeagainlord wrote:
One would think a "world class technology company" wouldn't have these issues.....

Except one knows that we aren't dealing with one.