cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOL can you break the dashboard ending to many listings at once?

Sooo thanks to MP and its lack of micro payments I am leaving eBay after a darn good run.

I'm not angry, nor am I throwing a toddler fit and taking my toys home because eBay won't play 'fair'.

I simply did the math and realized without micro payments 90% of what I sell and intend to sell will no longer work on eBay.

I do think it's funny that trying to end listings in batches seems to be hanging it up though 😄

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: LOL can you break the dashboard ending to many listings at once?

Brother's Cards didn't sell on facebook, or locally as individual cards, and he wasn't willing to sell to others in lots at less than pennies per card... So he said he would take the lower amounts,  other brother said he didn't care over the DVD's.  Hubby said to throw his comics back up because I couldn't build a bonfire with them, though the comics did very well at the fleamarket

I spent last spring, summer, and fall taking everything else to the fleamarket at my local High School... Made over 1500 in 5 months.  More than I make on eBay in a year.   So when the Fleamarket shut down for the winter in Oct. they all spent weeks talking me into putting them back up.   

Fleamarket starts again in March... which is where I will be taking the lion's share of my items.  

My only issue with MP was the lack of micro payments... other than that I could care less who plays with the money before I get it.   Since the ones that have to deal with the difference don't CARE about the difference in what ends up in their pockets I put those listings back up. 

PS there are actually only 780 LISTINGS up... but there are over 3,000 items in those 780 listings lol. 

ebay screen shot.jpg

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 16 of 24
latest reply

@aeparts1 wrote:

I'd raise my prices by $.25, rather than throwing in the towel & quitting. That would cover your loss of micropayments.

Although I can't understand how sellers can make a go of it on eBay selling items that primarily sell for less than $5. Just not worth the time & effort for the little return.

I do it because I am bored, and THEY are willing to pay to store fee on this account. I'm not making a living doing this here.  I use it as an excuse to be on the computer, and to have my own laptop.   

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

The system is either broken or incapable of enduring the requirements Ebay offers.

I think you are safe updating one listing at a time but more  than that an Ebay is likely to grind to a halt.

I try to revise my prices wit the bulk editor and it locks up.  Every time.

I try to combine orders on a single invoice and Ebay locks up.  Everytime.

I try to Mark as Shipped and many times ebay will only reflect it if I put in a fake tracking number (Micropayments don't get priority shipping.)

It won't get any better! 

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

Happy to see you back!!

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

Last Feb, I was trying to end listings en masse 200 at a time, it kept hanging up.  I had over 1000 individual listings up with over 6k in total items in those listings... and it kinda choked on it. 

I do not edit listings on eBay, I do not create listings on eBay never have.  I use Auctiva.  If the listings are messed up or need any kind of editing I simply cancel that listing, fix it on Auctiva then re launch from there. 

Auctiva works, though it too will choke a bit on 200 at a time 😉 it does work it's way through it. And I have WAY more flexibility on what I can edit en masse.  

I set up combined shipping rules eons ago, and so far those have worked.  I also tell buyers if they want a LARGE lot to contact me first, I will pull all the listings they want down, then recreate a listing on Auctiva with the items they want all listed in that one listing, with the prices we agreed on.

I have also set up the promotions for the majority of the items I sell so that unless they are trying to buy over 39 individual listings at a time the cart will do all the work.  eBay's cart will NOT combine more than 40  individual listing at a time, it simply makes them pay for those, then start a new cart.  Since the GPK card deals are either 3/1.00 or 4+ = %off I tell them to keep each order under the 39 limit, and I refund the shipping from the 2nd or 3rd order.   

The cards weigh less than .02 oz... in other words I can ship 30-40 cards with the cardboard packaging at 3oz or less... that's why those cards are on flat shipping rates... you can't put less than 1oz per item as a shipping weight.  That has been an issue for light weight items for as long as I have sold on eBay (10+ years). So they can buy 1 card or they can buy 100 cards I'm still going to ship it to them for the same cost of (currently) 4.00.  I will NOT ship them in the envelopes even with the new tracking because they go through the letter machines and they WILL bend. 

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

OK, but you have a lot of work to do. There are still 1,919 items to remove. Good luck !!!

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

OK, but you have a lot of work to do. There are still 1,919 items to remove. Good luck !!!

I removed them LAST year... the ones that are up I put back up in Oct, Nov, and Dec. 

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

@fern*wood 
OMG I was sooooo mad when I came back... I left with an unlimited listing ability it literally was not on my screen (listing amount) ... came back to limit of 200 items.  I called and kept trying to explain to them that I had over 6k in items to put up but it wouldn't go over 1k in listings... and CS was sooooo patronizing... well lets see how you do and then we will up your listings.  I sold out of every GPK I listed in the first month. They doubled it the next month... still WAY to low... sold 90% of them, AND the buyers were asking where were the other Series' (buyers had been emailing me the whole time I was gone asking about them) and I poked em on facebook again... and poof they realized OHHHHH it's YOU and those CARDS... and I got the listing amounts I have now... I have another 5k in cards to put up... but now I'm gearing up for the fleamarket and don't have time for it.  2nd Brother hasn't decided if he wants me to put up the other 3k in DVD's here, or whether he likes the instant cash of the fleamarket better.  

2nd Account has most of his DVD's on them and just a few on this one.  While he makes either the same or MORE on eBay, I make him wait a month to get his money incase some buyer gets pissy... At the fleamarket he gets 2.00 - 5.00 per DVD and I pay him when I get home that day.  On eBay he makes from 2.50-20.00 per DVD (or series)... with an average of 3.50-4.50 per DVD. 

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

Wow, can’t believe they put those limits on you with your history after being gone such a short time.  You are one of the hardest working sellers I have seen.

Message 24 of 24
latest reply