cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Specifics

Many times, when I list a new item in my eBay store, that listing will post showing that additional item specifics are recommended; then when I go into the listing, add those item specifics, & SAVE them to the listing, those recommended item specifics that I had just added & SAVED, have disappeared.

I then repeat the ENTIRE process & log out of eBay, wait about 10 minutes then log back in . . . NO CHANGE . . . eBay is still recommending the same item specifics to be added.

Last night, I repeated the ENTIRE PROCESS for the 4th time, logged out of eBay, then TURNED MY COMPUTER OFF (yes, I'm screaming).  I just turned it back on, & eBay was still recommending the SAME **bleep** ITEM SPECIFICS!!!

I have been a loyal eBay seller for close to 20 years, & IMHO, the effort of posting listings has only become more difficult.  At 72-years-old, with a husband who invested VERY poorly, if at all . . . eBay is the ONLY way I can put food on the table!

HELP . . . anybody!!!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Item Specifics

It could be worse.  Well, maybe not "worse", but....real close to worse.
You could enter everything you can think of and then get that message where an item specific is recommended on 50 listings.
Fix all those and three days later, those same 50 listings are asking for more recommended item specifics.

I think what's Recommended comes from Filters that used.
If you don't fill in the color, and the next day, Buyers are using the "color" filter.  Then it's going to ask you to update item specifics.   (might just be one buyer though...I dunno)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Item Specifics

You can't fight it...they always win.  I walked away from that battle a long time ago and never looked back.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Item Specifics

Do the items sell anyway?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Item Specifics

I feel your frustration. Things are a lot different now than they were 20+ years ago. The only item specifics that are needed are those that are "Required". These will show up in red, and prevent you from saving the item.

However, it appears that your situation is different, whereas it will not "save" for you after putting them in. The only thing I can think of is try putting it into a similar category (not the one you are in) and see if that will take it. I doubt, logging out or turning off your computer will have anything to do with the issue.  

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Item Specifics

@kim5336 wrote:

Do the items sell anyway?

I sell things.  I'll admit I'm definitely not a big time seller, but I used to try to clear up those never ending item specifics and finally just gave up.  I always make sure the required ones are entered and any others that seem appropriate, but I was never able to clear those never ending recommended task notifications.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Item Specifics

It could be worse.  Well, maybe not "worse", but....real close to worse.
You could enter everything you can think of and then get that message where an item specific is recommended on 50 listings.
Fix all those and three days later, those same 50 listings are asking for more recommended item specifics.

I think what's Recommended comes from Filters that used.
If you don't fill in the color, and the next day, Buyers are using the "color" filter.  Then it's going to ask you to update item specifics.   (might just be one buyer though...I dunno)

Message 6 of 6
latest reply