cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Specifics Required Soon

I am being directed to Add item specifics that will be required soon . I sell vintage records. The "album title" specific is what it's asking me to add but it's already on every listing. When I "revise" a listing the title is there already but when I open the listing with the ebay Add item specifics that will be required soon tool it is blank!? Does ebay know about this error?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Item Specifics Required Soon

Not an error, eBay seem to be re-categorising some items - books, toys, trading cards, music etc.

Check on the boards as there are many threads about what is happening and good luck with it all

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

re-categorising some items is fine but to have us needlessly fill in specifics that are already there in hundreds of listings is senseless.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Can't offer anything helpful, just to commiserate. This is a tremendous pain in the rear, and ebay is handling it very badly. It's requiring two, three, even four attempts for each listing to make the problem go away.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

some body sitting around with nothing to do and have to come up with something to warrant their existence.

so lets change everything to make things that worked more complicated. if im selling baseball cards would seem only normal to the rest of the world to list it under baseball. oh well ..

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

When you say "it is already there" do you mean it is already in Item Specifics? Or do you mean the album title is in the Listing Title?
I understand that the Item Specifics have been designed to pick up notice from third-party browsers (ie Google and maybe even DuckDuckGo) which don't read listing titles.

But yah-- a pain.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Yes, It's asking for Album Name on all my listings when I've always put the albums name into specifics. If I go to revise the listing the album name is already there but when I click on bay's new prompt to add specifics they've removed it so i'm forced to retype it.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Here too. 

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Honestly it really is shear madness .. insanity ... there is no other explanation ... I put the Title & Artist on the top bar... you have to if you want to sell it. It is in the records category ... But now I have to list record' catagory twice '  and Now I have to go through hundreds of listings to put the title & artist again.. meanwhile today I am listing and the record size category wasn't working. Plus you have to sift though dozens of things like conductors & sound type & inlay & just a bunch of useless garbage.   Item specifics .. what a disaster.  

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

I remember all the problems a couple years ago with specifics but this is out of control. It's like a bunch of 1st year IT people are pushing stuff out without testing it first. And where and how was the needs assesment done? Looks like a classicalphile had a lot of input. But every listing shouldn't be required to provide specifics that don't apply.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

I am having the same issue with selling baseball cards.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

This is **bleep** redundant data entry required of buyers. I hope they come to their senses about this. Otherwise I will put that time into listing my records on other venues. 

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Been with ebay a long time and I don't think anything they do is senseless.  EVERYTHING is about increasing ebay's income streams.  So someone, somewhere within ebay has decided that the data is necessary for their down stream income.  Do you remember the catalog data input that became mandatory about 10 years ago?  All that data entry for which ebay didn't have to shell out a penny - you remember that?  Or when ebay cut out most (if not all) HTML redirect from the listings- you remember that?  And they replaced all that freed up bandwidth with their own redirects and advertising for which they get paid and your "Customer" gets syphoned off to another site?  Nothing about ebay is senseless.  Its a  fantastic business model.   Get millions of people to do the grunt work absolutely free.    And,  when ebay finds a way to make that data into a cash stream their overhead would be near zero.  Increased cash flow for no additional cost - that doesn't sound senseless to me.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Just write 'see item' in all specifics and you'll be fine. If you use csv files to upload your listings is pretty easy to do.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Thank you so much for this suggestion! 

Message 15 of 20
latest reply