cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neutral feedback

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you request neutral feedback be removed?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Neutral feedback

@Anonymous 

Sellers have 30 days to request a negative feedback rating to be revised. This is way too old.

IIRC, neutral feedback does not qualify. 

The neutral doesn't seem unfair. It could have been negative (also not unfair).

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Neutral feedback

Did you cancel the transaction? If so, the buyer has a right to be upset.

Neutral feedback does not affect your feedback rating. As the other poster pointed out, the buyer could have chosen to leave a negative. While negative scores might be removed, I don't believe neutrals can be revised or removed. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Neutral feedback

You can't.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Neutral feedback

@fashunu4eeuh wrote:

While negative scores might be removed, I don't believe neutrals can be revised or removed. 

No, neutrals can be requested to be removed. 

Request Feedback Removal 

@Anonymous 

You can try and talk it out with eBay. They will remove it only under certain circumstances. Explain your situation, and hope for the best, as some requests for removal do not qualify. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Neutral feedback

@eye_of_the_tiger wrote:

@fashunu4eeuh wrote:

While negative scores might be removed, I don't believe neutrals can be revised or removed. 

No, neutrals can be requested to be removed. 

Request Feedback Removal 

@Anonymous 

You can try and talk it out with eBay. They will remove it only under certain circumstances. Explain your situation, and hope for the best, as some requests for removal do not qualify. 

Oh dear, my bad. Thank you for the correction, @eye_of_the_tiger Apologies to the OP.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Neutral feedback

If the feedback is factual, on what grounds would you use to ask eBay to remove it?

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Neutral feedback

Yes neutral feedback  can be removed if it qualifies. However, the neutral the op has is at least 6 months old so it won't qualify.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Neutral feedback

@Anonymous 

I believe it's too late to request a feedback removal from the buyer or from ebay.

However in this case, if I were your buyer, I wouldn't remove it. If I bought and paid for an item and you canceled it, you deserved the neutral and I think you should count your lucky stars that the buyer didn't leave a big red negative! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Neutral feedback

At least a neutral doesn't impact your rating.    As a seller the neutral deserved or not from a buyer is way better than a negative.  Press on and leave it behind you.  

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Neutral feedback

Yes. Just reply to the feedback, say why canceled it, and move on. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Neutral feedback

You are a Top Rated Seller, and with this comes some perks (not that many any more), but you can ask for the feedback to be removed.  I have done this in the past.  What you need to do, is to ask for the feedback to be removed.  If  the customer support rep gives you some trouble, just ask again that you want the feedback removed and that you are a TRS.  If rep is not helpful, ask to speak to a supervisor.  I have done all that I am saying.  It might take you 20 minutes or 2 hours to get this done.  

Good luck on your selling journey!

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Neutral feedback

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you!

Message 13 of 13
latest reply