cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is There A Drought Going On??? NO POLITICS PLEASE

I hate these threads, but did someone pull the plug? I have consistent sales…not that I am getting rich, but they are steady. This week and it actually started last weekend have been non existent. 

Over last weekend I noticed it,  I I have one sale today, and nothing for 4 days previously. Yes, I know the market is saturated, but  75% drop the last 7 days. 

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Is There A Drought Going On??? NO POLITICS PLEASE

Sorry your sales have been less than you hoped recently.

I sometimes find ending and relisting some items with title changes, adjusting the price down (or up), adding new photos, running a promotion, and more of the usual recommendations helps. Not always, but I feel that if my account is actively working my store sales come along.

It's been very quiet for many sellers the past few weeks and even months.

Hopefully sales will pick back up soon.

Sending best wishes and good luck your way. 

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

Others said sales were slow because of tax time, and they are probably right.  I got a sale today too, and I think sales are coming back.  I think the next few weeks will look good.

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

@b86fiero 

it isn’t “hope” it is statistics.  Apparently there are quite a few other posters who feel the same way. 

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

I've usually avoided worrying about these types of things, but I do find it odd that our sales this past week have been only about 60% of our average for the previous 5 weeks, so there's definitely some impact to us from this buying issue.  Hopefully it'll be resolved quickly and things will go back to normal!

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

After a good November, a better December, and VERY good January... the bottom fell out and February was possibly my worst month in my 20+ Ebay years.  March was ok...  the  number of sales a bit less than normal but they bought some pricier items.  This month?  A disaster. Four sales so far... 2 in the last 13 days.  Yikes!

Message 20 of 30
latest reply

There are frequent droughts now, mostly made worse by global warming, which many Republicans refuse to acknowledge as real.  Oh wait, you said, "no politics."  Sorry.

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

Well I can think of 2 things, one it is spring and I myself do not feel like dealing with ebay buying or selling. I got outdoor things to do and lots of them and I doubt very much I'm alone, happens every year. Two, wars make people nervous especially when it starts effecting gas prices, and there is not much hope for it getting better before it gets worse. 

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

My sales over the past week have been great (to my standards).

So it's not happening to everyone.

My opinion is that it's all about what you're selling, but some sellers seem to take offense to that.

Good luck, I hope things pick up for you!

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 23 of 30
latest reply

I guess if you get your news from tiktok you might not be aware of all of the stories in other news media which might be depressing sales.

Unfortunately, you cannot separate them from politics, but there are stories which depress sales no matter which brand of politics your news media favors.

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

@animal-house-8 

@tobaccocardyahoo 

@hartungcards 

It is unfortunate that a discussion cannot remain free of that topic, but some posters cannot control themselves. 

I myself can browse the happens every morning and wonder what artificial intelligence wrote those. It is a quick 4 minutes peruse.  Oh, I don’t have a TT account. To those who genuinely responded, thank you and have a good weekend. 

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

My sales are down 46.8% in the last 31 days according to seller hub.  My "traffic" is all red numbers as well.  Not good at all.   

I keep listing every day though, and keep hoping for the best.

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

@jjddmwi  You are not alone. Hang in there 

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

My stamp sales are slightly off, but my book sales are stronger than usual.

Sewing patterns are down, but they tend to do that in warmer weather.

Keep in mind that sales are rewarded by a slightly higher position in Search.

So because I sold a book, I am slightly more likely to sell another book.

If I haven't sold any patterns in a couple of weeks, my patterns will drop in Search.

Plus the usual ebb and flow.

How were your sales in March/April 2023? 2022? (skip the pandemic years with their surge in online buying) 2019?

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

Here is my "anti-political" statement.

I am not a political person.

I don't have a political bone in my body.

I am not a republican or a democrat.

I am a human being with eyes, ears and a brain.

For that reason I am against the candidate who is a lunatic. 

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 29 of 30
latest reply

@reallynicestamps 

That was really interesting…. if you sold an item in one category you were more likely to sell another one and the same.  I need to see if that plays out, as I am trying to broaden what I sell.  Last month was really good because I sold an expensive pair of Roberto Coin earrings. 

Message 30 of 30
latest reply