cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is It Possible to Change the "Member since" Date on the "About" Page?

Is it possible for us to change the following information on our profile as pictured, the Member since date?
2022-12-19_16-52-04.jpg

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Is It Possible to Change the "Member since" Date on the "About" Page?

No. That's the date you registered your account with eBay. Why would you feel it necessary to change that? Wouldn't that be a bit, well, misleading?

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

We are asking if it is possible to change the date. We have no desire to change it. Someone questioned us about the 1999 date and they claim the date can be changed and we disagreed. We wanted to ask the community to confirm that this date can never be changed. Is that correct?

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Yes, that's correct.   I have never seen any discussion about changing it (either deliberately or not).

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

That person was wrong. Perhaps you might direct them to this thread for confirmation.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

I am wondering why anyone would question your membership date in the first place.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Was this person possibly implying that YOU changed the date?

Have you heard of the Blocked Bidder List?

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Thank you everyone for your remarks and for confirming that the date cannot be changed.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

@borntodeal wrote:

We are asking if it is possible to change the date. We have no desire to change it. Someone questioned us about the 1999 date and they claim the date can be changed and we disagreed. We wanted to ask the community to confirm that this date can never be changed. Is that correct?

I have to admit this was an interesting question and one I haven't seen.

But my answer would be a no on it too. Whoever thought that date could be changed must be wearing an outdated tin foil hat.

Go buy them a new one and send them home and tell them to watch a rerun of Happy Days. All will be well in eBayLand.

Mike

Firesteel Surplus

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

This actually happened to me. I created my account in 2010 with email proof that it was open, but it says member since 2017! I wish it could reflect the actual date. 

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

@baileyknightslarry wrote:

This actually happened to me. I created my account in 2010 with email proof that it was open, but it says member since 2017! I wish it could reflect the actual date. 

That's not possible. 

You may have another account (even maybe with a similar name) that you opened in 2010 but your @baileyknightslarry was opened in 2017.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

I have proof that the username is exactly the same. With the date that the email was sent, as well as what I ordered. It’s a username I used for everything- it includes my high school’s mascot, and my name. I swear to god letter for letter each character is exactly the same. 

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Are you talking about your join date on the boards or on the actual site itself?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Is it possible you hadn’t used your account in a while, that eBay deactivated it, and that you signed up again in 2017?

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

@baileyknightslarry wrote:

What you described isn’t possible you more than likely signed up in 2010, eBay may have deleted that account for inactivity and you opened a new one in 2017. Your profile says 2017. No possible way could it have been changed. 

Message 15 of 21
latest reply