cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Ebay's Holiday Mail By Date off again?

Have 1 day shipping.  Sold items today, says must be shipped by 1/2.  Wouldn't that be same day and day 1 should be 1/3?  

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

It sounds right to me for one day handling.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Seems right to me. First business day the post office is open 

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Your listings state 1 business day which would be the 2nd.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

As the others have indicated, one-day handling means that you ship on the next business day. It doesn't mean that you skip a day which is a handling day.

Following any sales at any time over this weekend (including the holiday tomorrow), the next business day is Tuesday January 2.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

As the others have indicated, one-day handling means that you ship on the next business day. It doesn't mean that you skip a day which is a handling day.

Following any sales at any time over this weekend (including the holiday tomorrow), the next business day is Tuesday January 2.

I would've figured any sale 'over the weekend' would then be same as a Monday morning sale, and can ship by Tuesday (on a typical weekend without a holiday?) for 1 Day shipping...

and Same Day shipping would mean you need to ship on Monday, as if though the sale was also done on Monday (even if sale was done on Saturday)?

I've also seen that Jan 1 is not showing as a holiday per USPS labels purchased on eBay? 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Wouldn't Tuesday be the day for same day sellers to ship as there is no shipping until then.  And then 1 day would be the next business day on Wednesday.  Same day and 1 day shouldn't have to mail on the same day.  

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Mine also fails to show Jan one as a USPS non-ship day.

They have been pretty good, but a Holiday eBay coding screw up was about due to happen.

So glad that I am on time away.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote: ... I would've figured any sale 'over the weekend' would then be same as a Monday morning sale ... 

No, a sale over the weekend  the same as a Friday sale because one-day handling means that you ship on the next business day.  Same-day handling means that you ship on the same day, if the payment comes in before your cutoff time.  

So the packages that must be mailed on Tuesday January 2 include (1) items sold on Tuesday that have same-day handling; and (2) items sold on Friday through Monday which have one-day handling.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I just checked and also showing Monday as a shipping day for USPS

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Yes, I was just going to post that. 

I printed out some shipping labels today and they (eBay) has tomorrow, January 1, as a ship day even though the post office is closed tomorrow January 1, so I had to change my shipping date on all the labels. SHEESH!

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Mine also fails to show Jan one as a USPS non-ship day.

They have been pretty good, but a Holiday eBay coding screw up was about due to happen.

So glad that I am on time away.

That's interesting, because mine is accounting for it correctly. I had a sale on the 28th, which would normally mean I have to ship by the 2nd because I have a 3-day handling time. However, that sale is showing that it needs to be shipped by the 3rd instead, so it's taking into account that the 1st is a holiday.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

The deadline that eBay gives people for when they have to ship by is not the part that is wrong. 

It's when people are creating their labels it is putting the date the item is going to be shipped as January 1st. I think in reality it won't matter that this date is wrong on the labels. 

OP, as far as your question... if you have one day handling time you should always be shipping the very next day (weekday) that the post office is open. If somebody purchases something in the evening from a same day shipper and someone with one day handling time they will both be shipping it the next day. However if someone purchases it in the morning from both of these stores the same day shipper will ship it that very day and the one day Handler can ship it the next day. 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I use 1 day handling,   Any sale I make on Friday, Saturday,  Sunday  needs to be shipped on Monday or is late.

This week my account shows everything needs to be shipped on the 2nd.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

It would be 1/2 with 1 day shipping.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 15 of 15
latest reply