cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impressions with zero views! (5/16/22 ebay view count problem)

Ebay has yet to fix the view problem going on since 2018 and probably earlier. I have impressions on my post but not a single view. Does anyone have this similar problem? No views, no sales

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Impressions with zero views! (5/16/22 ebay view count problem)

Still didn't see how you  know if you've had an "impression".  Where do you see that information?

Message 16 of 33
latest reply

@iowafiveanddime  

Under your Performance tab> Traffic, you'll see your impressions.   There are other places as well.  However, you probably haven't had "an impression", you've likely had hundreds or thousands.   An impression is simply when your item has come up on a screen that the buyer CAN click on.  

For example if a buyer searches for a green shirt & your item is on the screen (regardless of placement) that shows them search results, THAT is an impression.   As a standalone, it's not a particularly useful piece of information.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 17 of 33
latest reply

Same here- very annoyed to be paying to promote and no views! Same as other items that were getting many views a few weeks ago. Also sales dropped drastically. 

Message 18 of 33
latest reply

That just means that people that typed Star  Wars Light Saber saw a list of all the sellers who are selling a Star Wars Light Saber but for one reason or another did not click on yours. Typically it would be because of either the price, or the picture quality.

Message 19 of 33
latest reply

I suddenly have zero views on items I recently had hundreds of views and were selling good - I messaged ebay yesterday and today I received a phone call from an ebay rep who could not speak english and I could not understand what they were trying to say.

Later, I get an email from ebay saying they do not want to discuss the matter via email and a rep will call - so whatever is going on they sure don't want a written record of it.

Message 20 of 33
latest reply

All of my watchers are creepy stalkers who never buy anything but often send inappropriate messages and ebay won't do a darn thing about it -

Message 21 of 33
latest reply

Only the most seasoned ebayers know that saving an item to your favorites is much better than being a watcher - ebay even created a bot or algo from my doing this which unfortunately benefits the big commercial accounts who have numerous advantages over us little accounts.

Plus, all those things your watching and not buying mean nothing to you but ebay is hounding sellers with messages to send you offers on all those things your watching and it makes me wonder if your just someone who likes the attention of being sent offers "for months" when you know your not going to buy anything.

If ebay eliminated watchers I have a feeling thousands accounts who never buy anything and are only a nuisance would disappear because they would have no platform to be a nuisance - watching is the earliest form of "Trolls"

It's sad that ebay is fixing things that are not broken and not concentrating on the broken things

Message 22 of 33
latest reply

I’ve had the same experience. Sales in the toilet since end of 2020. Last year was bad but this year I’ve scarcely sold two things. I have a store with 416 items and now they all show 0 views. Older listings had view counts in the hundreds, and that helped me adjust pricing, but all that is gone. The call center us a JOKE. They can’t speak English and read from scripts. 

Message 23 of 33
latest reply

Yes, it is very depressing.  I'm about ready to just take all my stuff to the local hi-bid auction place and just give it up.  Like you, to call eBay for support is like poking myself in my eye with a stick.  And for all the money we make for eBay, you'd think they would do us better than that.

Message 24 of 33
latest reply

Like 60% of my Listings show 0 or 1 view! That is INSANE! Last year around this time I was selling 8 items a day! What on earth is going on around here??

Message 25 of 33
latest reply

According to eBay, all the views we were getting were really from spammers or such, all over the internet.  Now you are seeing only the actual viewing and yes it's depressing, no one is looking at our things.  If this continues on eBay, I'm going to haul my stuff to a local online auction right before Christmas and just call it a day.  In the 22 years I have been on here, eBay has gone from "being a venue" to running this like an arbitrary "things for our employees to do today during play time" and we are considered just an annoyance to be dealt with if bothered enough to do so.

Message 26 of 33
latest reply

@iowafiveanddime wrote:

According to eBay, all the views we were getting were really from spammers or such, all over the internet.  Now you are seeing only the actual viewing and yes it's depressing, no one is looking at our things.   

@iowafiveanddime Not that it isn't depressing, it is.  Though my sales have not changed.  But the views were not spammers, whatever that means in this context.  They were bots, which perform valid services online, but are not a human being that can buy.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 27 of 33
latest reply

OK Bots

Message 28 of 33
latest reply

Yes, started earlier this year. Listings that usually average around 20 or so views get zero or one even after a week. It’s quite frustrating because I use the counts to gauge what I list. 

Message 29 of 33
latest reply

@callisto_95 wrote:

Yes, started earlier this year. Listings that usually average around 20 or so views get zero or one even after a week. It’s quite frustrating because I use the counts to gauge what I list. 

Don't you think having REAL information about views is better for decision making than a bunch of bot views?

If you base your actions on garbage then you will get garbage as results.

GIGO!

Message 30 of 33
latest reply