cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impressions with zero views! (5/16/22 ebay view count problem)

Ebay has yet to fix the view problem going on since 2018 and probably earlier. I have impressions on my post but not a single view. Does anyone have this similar problem? No views, no sales

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Impressions with zero views! (5/16/22 ebay view count problem)

You don't understand what Impressions are!

An impression occurs whenever a user visits a page where you listing appears on that page. It could be search results, it could be the listings that eBay inserts into other sellers listings, it could be listings that appear in marketing emails, it could be listings that appear in the sidebar.

Step one - Get an impression

Step two - Get a page view

Step three - Get a sale

When I do a search eBay shows me a whole list of items on page one, I might click on none of them, one of them or a couple of them but it would be very rare for a buyer to view EVERY item on the search results page. Everyone's listings on that page gets an Impression, a few get a page view and one actually makes a purchase (maybe).

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

EBAY made recent changes to "views" (only shows views made in past 30 days).   You can have "watchers" on an item which shows "zero views".   Only "views" changed to 30-day timeframe....would have been better if they changed all "statistics to 30-day" so you don't get misleading results.

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

The OP never mentioned "watchers".

In any event a Watcher actually means something even if it's old, if nothing else you can send them an offer.

Also, a watcher can unwatch, an impression or a page view cannot be retracted.

I click the watch button frequently and every couple of months I go through the list and remove all the things I no longer have any interest in at all, can't do that with a view or an impression so you could have plenty of views that are from buyers that bought the item from a different seller the same day. Six month or six years later you were still seeing that page view even though it's next to useless and will never lead to a sale from the buyer who viewed.

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

It sounds like you do not know how impressions and views work. When a buyer searches an item and sees a full page of 60 items, they scroll through the listings on that page. They ONLY pick the ones with the best pictures and prices. The impression count is when a buyer lands on that page of 60 items. The view count is when a buyer chooses to click yours. If you have impressions, but no views, buyers were not interested in yours.

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

I have been having the same issues just starting almost 2 weeks ago. Every new listing and sell similar even listings that had views and watchers now have zero. Ebay said I need to promote my listings……..over 1600 listings and sales have dropped dramatically 

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

If you are getting impressions, that means potential buyers are finding your listing. That generally means that eBay did its job. 

If you are getting impressions but no views, that means buyers are not interested enough in your listing to click on it. That generally means that the seller may not have done a good job with the pictures, the title, or the category. 

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

@leatherhippo I am having the exact same issue. Have you found a resolution? All of my listings have zero views, even after promoting them. I tried listing all of this week and each one has zero views - the items that had thousands of views are now down to like, 15 or 20. I have spoken to a live person everyday this week.. they said it's a bug and they're doing what they can to fix the glitch. All I have is my ticket number for my issue and the small amount of hope that ebay will get on this..but that hope is dwindling. and fast.

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

Pardon me, but I DO pick listings with lousy pics!  I've gotten some really good deals of diamond rings from sellers with zero knowledge of photography and/or non-cleaning of their things.  Very tasty deals!  But your point is well taken for this post.

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

P.S. Also, mis-spellings: Dimond, Doamond, etc.  Texting has made bad spellers and sometimes a person can find listings that no one can find because of spelling erreers (smiles!).

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

"Ebay said I need to promote my listings"

-----------------

I wonder why they would $ay that?$?

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

Could it possibly be due to the current economy?  Food, gas, housing, war, stocks falling, more?  People are going through their emergincy money right now to try to get by.  Hopefully it will pass by quickly, so just hang in there(?).  Yes, it suks...

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

I checked your things and was surprised: You don't sell baseball things?  No sports equipment?  Cute name, tho'!

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

@shortstopshop wrote:

@leatherhippo I am having the exact same issue. Have you found a resolution? All of my listings have zero views, even after promoting them. I tried listing all of this week and each one has zero views - the items that had thousands of views are now down to like, 15 or 20. I have spoken to a live person everyday this week.. they said it's a bug and they're doing what they can to fix the glitch. All I have is my ticket number for my issue and the small amount of hope that ebay will get on this..but that hope is dwindling. and fast.

@shortstopshop  What YOU are talking about is totally different that what OP is talking about.  OP's question is about impressions, which Jimmy correctly answered.   

Your issue is totally different & you were informed wrong by Ebay C/S, it is not a bug, it is a NEW way of counting views, which was announced & there are about 10,000 threads here talking about it.   They wiped them clean & they are now only a 30 day count, rather than a lifetime count, in addition they removed bot views, which accounted for 30-40% of views.  

That said I took a peek at your listings & there are a lot of issues, so I'm not surprised you aren't getting sales.  For one, I expected it to be a sports store.  2- your prices are very high & I say that as someone who prices high, 3- your sizes are mostly tiny, so that limits your market & larger clothing sells better (in general), 4-you use a lot of stock photos, which many buyers don't like & stay away from, 5-your sizes are at the end of the title, which can get cut off depending on how a buyer is viewing. 

Also, just FYI, your picture on the Maeve top is terrible, but when I click into the listing, you have several others that are basically the same photo, lit much better.  Delete the dark one & move one of the good ones to the main spot. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

Same problem. 

Message 15 of 33
latest reply