cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to sell my iPhone 11

I've been trying to sell my iphone 11 Pro Max on here for the past 3 weeks.

Each time the winning bidder never ends up sending payment.

I always get a message with a send to address. When I ask for payment, no reply.

Fortunately eBay hasn't charged me the selling fees but next time I will take the AT&T trade in offer when I upgrade my phone.  Ebay is full of scam buyers. 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

List it as fixed price with immediate payment required..........

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

iPhones are arguably the number one scam target on Ebay.  Since you do not seem to be a regular seller I would not recommend selling it here as scammers are attracted to relatively new sellers like flies to the excrement pile.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

You need to open and close an Unpaid Item case in the Resolution Center, link at the bottom of the page. They will charge you at the end of the month. 

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Are you not opening unpaid item cases whenthis happens? If not, are you aware that you're losing money?

After you've done that -- and you have only 32 days to do so -- then relist with fixed price immediate payment required.

eBay may be "full of scam buyers", but I think that's an exaggeration.  You have been given a tool by eBay to fix the problem.  If you're not using it, then I am sorry to say you are contributing to the issue.  

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

This is something you should sell local for cash. 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Such scams can be avoided by filing a complaint with ebay about the actions of a particular auctioneer.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

The OP's message was about not being paid.

I don't see how your response has any relevance.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@zzyzzx1130 wrote:

I've been trying to sell my iphone 11 Pro Max on here for the past 3 weeks.

I have to imagine that the market value of a recent iphone is very well established. Determine the value, list it at fixed price, and avoid the sport bidders. 

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@zzyzzx1130 wrote:

Fortunately eBay hasn't charged me the selling fees

You have sold that phone 3 times.

Unless you cancel the order or open an unpaid item dispute, you'll be charged the fee's 3 times.

Have a great day
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

He also stated they wanted it sent to a different address.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@zzyzzx1130 wrote:

Ebay is full of scam buyers. 

Welcome to eBay

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I wouldn't think of selling a smart phone here.  But having been a seller since 1998, if I did I certainly wouldn't use the auction format.  Do you think there's going to be some kind of amazing bidding war over your fairly common commodity item?  

You can easily determine the fair market value especially after your own three final auction prices.  As mentioned upthread, list it fixed price/immediate payment required.  No best offer either.  This way the only way your listing ends is when the buyer pays for it.

No muss, no fuss.

PS:  you'd better get on opening those unpaid item disputes or you're going to have quite the bill at the end of the month...

Joe

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@thecomputerman53 

This thread is 3 years old. Chances are the OP no longer has the iPhone.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply