cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you think sellers are upset about GTC now, wait until the April invoices are sent out!!!

When Ebay sends out the April invoices to sellers the stool is really gonna hit the fan. When casual sellers and those not paying attention to this nightmare realize they are being charged listing fees for items they don't want listed/relisted Ebay better hire a lot more reps.  If they feel they are be inundated with calls now they haven't seen anything. I  feel for those sellers who have tried to call Ebay. I've called four times now about this topic. Each time I get more and more frustrated.  If you think talking to a Rep is fun, ask to speak to a supervisor and you'll ready get a pounding headache. I've racked my brain over the last few weeks (like many of you apparently) trying to figure out Ebay's rationale/motive in this decision.  Is it as apparent as it appears? Just a simple money grab designed to have sellers pay repeatedly for postings they don't want relisted once their free monthly allotment is used or is it something more?  Does Ebay want small seller to purchase stores?  Does Ebay want current store owners to use more auctions or purchase bigger stores? Does Ebay actually want to get rid of  a lot of the small/mid size sellers?  I'm not sure but someone from "Upper Management" Ebay needs to get out in front of this and make a statement sometime very soon about ending this GTC disaster before more damage is done and things get considerably worse. 

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: If you think sellers are upset about GTC now, wait until the April invoices are sent out!!!

I appreciate what you mentioned about adapting to the changes and rolling with the punches regarding Ebay's new GTC policy and other recent changes.  I think we've manged to do that effectively on the few years selling on Ebay. I wasn't meaning to complain or even vent I only wanted to raise sellers' awareness of the potential impact of this change.  We normally sell well over 200 fixed price items per month we are currently on pace to sell appropriately 80 fixed price items this month so I feel the GTC is having an immediate impact on our business. You neglected to mention in your posting that you have a total of one sale this month so perhaps it's affecting your business as well.  I just wanted sellers to realize this change may negatively impact their sales and if they're not careful with GTC they may wind up paying posting fees for items they didn't want reposted once their free postings had been used up. This is not a minor change.  It represents a whole new way of doing business on Ebay for many sellers.  It's pretty clear by the many postings on the Chat Board that people are upset and frustrated but if Ebay doesn't listen and  things don't change I agree we'll need to find a way to effectively manage this if we continue to sell on Ebay. 

Message 16 of 39
latest reply

Re: If you think sellers are upset about GTC now, wait until the April invoices are sent out!!!

You are correct on your reply...thanks for writing my thinking also, good job

Message 17 of 39
latest reply

is there any way to stop this stupid automatic re listing? i most certainly do not want to re list unsold items forever! it is a waste of my free listings.

Message 18 of 39
latest reply

@sarahcuda wrote:

is there any way to stop this stupid automatic re listing? i most certainly do not want to re list unsold items forever! it is a waste of my free listings.

Ya, if you don't want it to relist, just end the listing.

Have a great day
Message 19 of 39
latest reply

I'll give your approach a try and see how it works for us.  Thanks for your response - Happy Selling, Comrade 🙂

Message 20 of 39
latest reply

Call, Call, and call again.  Have everyone you know that dislikes this policy to call ebay.  They say this one is causing an uproar.  I have called in the past about the free shipping, free returned shipping and most other changes (that didn't have to do with increased costs - I am fine with the fact I can walk away when they get to expensive).  This is the first time they told me that management is seriously looking into this.  Who knows, may be blowing smoke up my backside, but it can't hurt to keep calling.  

I too am going through most days and deleting fixed items that will be going down (or at least most of them).  Now, not only is it costing us time, but I do get a larger majority of my sales in the last 24 hours I believe.  So, I have no idea how many sales I have taken off the table.  And there has been a huge decline over the last two months.

I have to figure out at what point I can drop the store.  I will just go back to my 50 freebies and sell my stock in ebay.  

Message 21 of 39
latest reply

I do not like it
Message 22 of 39
latest reply

Because they're just out to get one thing: $. They don't care about our feelings or livelihoods. 

I'm sure the majority of eBay big wigs don't even understand how eBay works. LOL. That's the only reason I can come up with as to why they haven't even offered up a teeny tiny APOLOGY from anyone who represents eBay. If their top employees don't sell on eBay, or ever have been a seller, how would they understand our very specific frustrations?

My only conclusion is that no one at the top of the pyramid understands how their own company functions and what makes their customers (us, the sellers) successful. 

Message 23 of 39
latest reply

They see it and they understand it. They simply don't care.

Message 24 of 39
latest reply

Mother f!@##$ing ebay. 

Message 25 of 39
latest reply

Try to list a big cluster of ads on one night to start late at night. Get a HUGE calender and count 29 days. MARK it with the number of ads that will end that night.(I’m assuming you didn’t sell anything.)  When the   29th Day   arrives, at least you have a clear number of items ending. I wanted to have stuff end every day but that would force me to work every night.   Tomorrow, I have at least 50 items ending. I will end them as I watch a baseball game.  The next Day, i have none ending.   Anyway, you get the idea. 

Message 26 of 39
latest reply

You have a store.   It’s different when you only have 50 free items.

Message 27 of 39
latest reply

@juliet4727 wrote:

I'm finding it hard to understand why eBay does not see or understand what we are talking about with all our concerns on how GTC will affect us as store sellers. 

I've been busy for the last few days changing BINs to Auctions.  Before the axe falls...  Smiley Indifferent

This is nothing but a huge money grab for ebay; they count on the fact that a large percentage of small sellers will be caught with their BINs up--and charged a relisting fee.

I'm sure that the Chinese and big box sellers are exempt from this Draconian new ploy.

Message 28 of 39
latest reply

@books...forthememories wrote:

@juliet4727 wrote:

I'm finding it hard to understand why eBay does not see or understand what we are talking about with all our concerns on how GTC will affect us as store sellers. 

I've been busy for the last few days changing BINs to Auctions.  Before the axe falls...  Smiley Indifferent

This is nothing but a huge money grab for ebay; they count on the fact that a large percentage of small sellers will be caught with their BINs up--and charged a relisting fee.

I'm sure that the Chinese and big box sellers are exempt from this Draconian new ploy.

The Chinese and big box sellers don't need to be exempt, they already use GTC and they also don't mind paying for listings.

Message 29 of 39
latest reply

@untitledrecords wrote:

I have sold on eBay since 2001. It changes all the time with now policy and rules for sellers. One thing that I have learned is that you have to make this work for you. In the time it takes for someone to complain about it, time is wasted and could be used to find better ways to promote listings and draw buyers. Post on social media, spread the word about your items, and improve your listings. Just being a eBay seller does not gaurentee that you will make sales. You have to do it yourself. 

If you have to do all the work yourself outside of here to make sales, what are you paying ebay for?

Message 30 of 39
latest reply