cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INR opened on delivered item. Do you also message the buyer or just input tracking?

Just wondering what other sellers do in this situation.  Of course I input the tracking into the INR case, but do other sellers also send a message to the buyer through the case?  If so what do you message?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: INR opened on delivered item. Do you also message the buyer or just input tracking?

I send a message that basically says: According to [carrier + tracking] the package was delivered on [date] to [address on order]. I suggest if they cannot locate the package they check with the carrier, or with housemates/neighbors, and also to look at alternate locations like back door, behind bushes, etc.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Re: INR opened on delivered item. Do you also message the buyer or just input tracking?

Some sellers do just to be overly thorough. Something of no real significance but just to have a time stamped record of you “replying” just in case eBay is a stickler and says your tracking upload doesn’t count as a reply. Just type like “your item was sent, here is the tracking number xxxxxxxxxx. Thanks.”

Most of INRs I get are ones where tracking already showed delivered so I just upload the tracking. Very rarely I add another reply. It seems to work out just fine for me. I have a scripted reply to these with the tracking and other info, but I’ve been lazy and haven’t been sending it out much ever since eBay changed our tracking upload and removed the open text field that used to go along with it.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Reply to the case by entering the tracking number.

I also cut and paste the portion of tracking on USPS that shows delivery information in the body. 

Quick question. Do you enter tracking after you ship? If not, you should. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I do the same.

If the delivery scan was that day or the one before I also mention that sometimes the drivers scan BEFORE delivery and it may be delivered the following day if it's still on the truck and was missed.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

I send a message that basically says: According to [carrier + tracking] the package was delivered on [date] to [address on order]. I suggest if they cannot locate the package they check with the carrier, or with housemates/neighbors, and also to look at alternate locations like back door, behind bushes, etc.

Yep. I actually had one (the buyer didn't open an INR, but they did message me saying that it said 'Delivered' but hadn't arrived) where it turned out their son had brought the package inside and forgotten to tell them about it.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Yep. I actually had one (the buyer didn't open an INR, but they did message me saying that it said 'Delivered' but hadn't arrived) where it turned out their son had brought the package inside and forgotten to tell them about it.

Why a buyer wouldn't check with family members first, but run to the seller, is beyond me! The Son did the correct thing by bringing it in, to avoid theft. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I respond to the case with the tracking number and a short text like "tracking shows delivered on this date...".

No need to communicate with the buyer.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I don’t know what you are selling but if you are using eBay’s standard envelope labels that often shows as delivered a few days before it actually is.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply