cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to thank e-bay for everything.

Thank you e-bay. Thank you for everything. Through all the changes and reforms from the past

several years I would like to congratulate e-bay on doing such a wonderful job in helping me 

unload my vast collection of Diecast Cars.

Looking forward to another 30 years if they are still here then.

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: I would like to thank e-bay for everything.

They want agreement, not help. It becomes a big waste of time.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 46 of 49
latest reply

@chapeau-noir ,

Ain’t that the truth!

Message 47 of 49
latest reply

Well, we quit.

We sold a lot of small items. Buyers love small inexpensive stuff.

With the added sales tax, high shipping & eBay’s fees on top of all, it was getting to be too much. 

Throw in Promoting items, which we did use to stay in the game, it became harder.

When extra super duper promoting came in, I knew it was no longer possible to keep selling with almost any profit at all. 

We still have a whole lot of sellable items. We are still selling.  Selling on Facebook is actually a lot of fun. Sort of like ebay used to be fun. The ball is in our court. No time limits, no returns, much easier listing. Our sales, our rules.

Cash, no one can see the item & claim not as described (or I don’t like it or whatever).

We have given things away.(as opposed to the Goodwill, which we absolutely will not use, that’s a different topic). No driving to drop things off, no shipping, 

When giving things away, (usually big lots) it’s great to see a person be so very excited to have something. Sometimes it’s inherited or collected items & we can share the story behind it. We feel a lot better Parting with things.

We have met so many nice (some amazing) people. So little stress. And we are making as much money as we were (not 2016 $$, but more than 2021 $$)

When they switched classic view to whatever it is now, we were finished. It simply wasn’t worth it. 

Yes, I’m lurking to see how it’s going on eBay. I did at some point enjoy it. I still think of it occasionally. Items can sell for more here, but mostly no more $$ in our pocket.

I wish everyone selling here the very best. Sometimes the most rational thing is knowing when to quit.

Message 48 of 49
latest reply

I hate hearing about anyone being called bad names. There are a few frequent posters who can be very sarcastic & mean. To what ends? Superiority?

Sometimes it gets to be a group jumping on a seller. 

The bottom line is, a lot of this “help” isn’t help at all. If these suggestions “helped” sellers would be falling over themselves with gratitude. 

A lot of “helpers” are Repeating what we have heard over & over. 

I came here to look at an item that I’m not going to end up buying & started looking at the boards to see if there are any good changes with selling. 

There aren’t any good changes  & here I am (again) wasting time reading about how to successfully sell on eBay.

The same answer, no one really knows. That will be my answer for a few months when maybe I’ll check in again. 

Again best of luck to all.
Some of you could think about being kinder. Stop patting yourself on the back & making fun of others. It’s not funny. You don’t know all of the answers.

Message 49 of 49
latest reply