cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to report a user for sending me deranged emails on items I have listed for sale

Hello,

I have been receiving these horrible emails from a “buyer” telling me how awful my items are for sale, ugly, “good luck” selling etc. I am a long time seller and have a very good reputation.

I can only think that I am competing with this person on selling something similar. 

I have blocked them, politely said please stop emailing me but now I feel it’s harassment. 

How do I report them to eBay. It’s really bothersome to see these “hate” emails every day. 

Thank you for ant advice! 

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: I would like to report a user for sending me deranged emails on items I have listed for sale

There should be a report button on the actual email or has that changed recently, also?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Re: I would like to report a user for sending me deranged emails on items I have listed for sale

Sorry SNAP

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 3 of 23
latest reply

@mmisheff 

In addition to reporting them, please for your own sanity, just delete them.

Don't read anymore- not ONE more.

Just tick the box and delete. People like this want a reaction. If they don't get the payoff of a reaction and knowing they upset you, they will soon tire & stop.

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behavior-policies/threats-offensive-language-policy?id=425...

Here is the link - there is no longer one in the actual email itself.  No idea why!

Click thru to the bottom and you can report the member to member offense or you can go to "chat" function on the right, type in "call me" and they will take the report.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

@mmisheff 

You have placed this person on your Blocked Buyers List, correct?

Blocking a buyer | eBay

Posting ID Only.......
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Have you checked off the Buyer Requirement that prevents blocked users from contacting you? See link below on how to set up, if needed.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/setting-buyer-requirements?id=...

You can report them to eBay, but eBay may not step in in any official way over the harassment you described. If the messages involve hate speech, profanity or physical threats, there is a policy against that and a link to report such behavior where eBay might get involved. See policies below.

So sorry this is happening to you!

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behavior-policies/threats-offensive-language-policy?id=425...

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behavior-policies/membertomember-contact-policy?id=4262

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

you just leave them alone. Don't care about then upset.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Thank you! 

I did start a chat session with eBay help and they found the emails and said they were in violation of ebays policy and would I think let this person know that they have been reported. I did block them as well. 

Thanks!

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Thank you! 

I just think it’s strange that someone would go to the effort to write up things and send emails. I really think I am selling something similiar and maybe they feel threatened?.

The world has become a scary place lately!

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

@mmisheff 

Terrific - glad they could help you and connect the dots!  

Since you have replied to emails they sent you, I do not know if the e-Bay system will block future emails.  They will not be able to buy from you, but once you reply to an email, typically, they can still email you.  Continue to report this e-Bay member, but resist replying them.  Remember, e-Bay can see your replies as well.  

Good luck to you - sorry this person is harassing you on the site.

Posting ID Only.......
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

First thing I did! 

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Thank you for your kind words. Your right, I just need to delete and don’t let it upset me. 

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

As another poster has said-- when you see the ID, just delete without reading.

And if you have Blocked the member already, check that your Block includes no communication.

If you had been in a transaction at some point with the creep, unfortunately this will not work, but Block anyway, and do NOT respond.

Delete Delete Delete.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

I do not agree with deleting.  If this whacko ever shows up on your doorstep or amps up the harassment and you need to get LE involved you will need those messages.  Don't read just put them in a separate folder.  Maybe a hard copy also.  I've helped win several court cases by doing this, not here but one civil and one for a fellow employee.  Evidence is evidence.

Message 15 of 23
latest reply