cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wish a Mod Could Help Me Out With This One - Feedback Revision Request Gone Awry

400954879_7585377884811268_1454530600522089169_n.jpg

Sold something beginning of October.  Yesterday I got a neutral feedback.  1400+ positive feedbacks only in the past year and this one gets dropped on me.  So what do I do?  I send the customer a 50% refund because he is keeping the item, and send the Revision Request link.  I also send him a kind and curtious follow up message apologizing and asking him to respond to the revision request link that was sent to his inbox.  He says, wow - thank you - sure thing - and replies to his own neurtral feedback.  I asked Ebay for Biz on FB and they wouldn't help me.  How do I get this removed?

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: I wish a Mod Could Help Me Out With This One - Feedback Revision Request Gone Awry

Yeah, that does stink, and I get where you're coming from - but don't panic over it! Well, panic if you feel you absolutely need to. I just hate seeing sellers stressed out over stuff like this. That's a me problem, not a you problem. haha

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 16 of 25
latest reply

Re: I wish a Mod Could Help Me Out With This One - Feedback Revision Request Gone Awry

IME that's not true.

You can even respond to a neg and still have it removed.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 17 of 25
latest reply

@wheredidiputthatremote wrote:

400954879_7585377884811268_1454530600522089169_n.jpg

Sold something beginning of October.  Yesterday I got a neutral feedback.  1400+ positive feedbacks only in the past year and this one gets dropped on me.  So what do I do?  I send the customer a 50% refund because he is keeping the item, and send the Revision Request link.  I also send him a kind and curtious follow up message apologizing and asking him to respond to the revision request link that was sent to his inbox.  He says, wow - thank you - sure thing - and replies to his own neurtral feedback.  I asked Ebay for Biz on FB and they wouldn't help me.  How do I get this removed?

Is the feedback unwarranted here? By doing a partial refund you acknowledged the packaging error. Honestly, it’s not a bad feedback, it’s just feedback. Learn from this example and move on. I’ve bought from buyers with horrible feedback. Usually you can tell when the feedback is from a picky or bad buyer. Don’t fret, this is nothing that will harm your store. If given enough sales and enough time, every seller will eventually encounter feedback they find challenging. 

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

Plus some people do not live on the internet  around the clock.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 19 of 25
latest reply

I think their follow-up did you more good than the neutral hurt you.  Possibly ending your positive streak is a blessing in disguise too.  Stressing over something like this can be harmful to your health, so now you can relax a bit about feedback.

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

I think their follow-up did you more good than the neutral hurt you.  Possibly ending your positive streak is a blessing in disguise too.  Stressing over something like this can be harmful to your health, so now you can relax a bit about feedback.

@fern*wood   I agree with this ... it's like, "well, we got THAT out of the way!".  I think I have 2 or 3 total Neutrals over the years.  I got a Neg once but in reading it knew it was meant for another Seller, I messaged the Buyer, they apologized and we processed an FB revision form. 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 21 of 25
latest reply

I'd let it go.  You aren't going to get it removed.

You've asked him and they haven't revised it. You were fortunate to get him to do a follow up, that's a rare thing, and the neutral feedback doesn't sound that bad anyway. If you continue to ask for a revision, the buyer may, after awhile, take it as harassment and report it to ebay, then you will have just added another problem to the neutral feedback.

Don't waste your time asking ebay to remove this one, there is nothing in his comment that would cause ebay to remove this feedback.

We all get hit from time to time with a neutral or even a negative, it's part of doing business on the ebay site. Believe me, this neutral will not effect weather a buyer shops with you or not. There is nothing he said that will cause future buyers to run the other way.

I'd forget it and move on.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

@wheredidiputthatremote wrote:

@wastingtime101 a neut killed my 1400+ pos streak 

I recently had a couple neutrals "kill" my 3000+ streak.

Sometimes there's nothing you can do.  You just have to live with it.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 23 of 25
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@dirk12955 wrote:

I've read in the past,   When a FB gets a reply,  The revison window closes.   

I have no idea about a FB revision request being deactivated if the buyer leaves a reply to FB instead of going through the revision request. It doesn't sound right. Is that how it works kyle@ebay ?

There is a long-standing myth that replying to FB means CS cannot remove it. That's not true - never has been. Could that be what you're thinking of @dirk12955 ?

Hey @wastingtime101 thanks for bringing this up!  A reply to a feedback would not have any impact on a revision request.  I suspect you're right about your hunch that they were thinking of that old myth (which is totally not true; we can remove anything that's within policy).

So in short, whether we're on the subject of revisions or removals, having a reply to the feedback will not have any impact.  

Kyle,
eBay
Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Thanks for the clear response, Kyle.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 25 of 25
latest reply