cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer bait and switch how to report?

Buyer claiming sent wrong item, much less valuable item for another. Item said recieved I've never owned. The item sent was in a small box with unremoveable label. The item he said recieved was twice the size of the box so no way would have fit. I've asked nicely 4 times for him to provide pictures of the box and label in which his reply has been each time "stop playing games I ripped label off and repackaged, that he already sent them to me directly which he has not obviously. How do I report him???? Please help. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Has he opened an actual snad case?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

"Bait and switch" is not really the correct term for this. this is simply fraud.

That aside ..

eBay has offered buyers a Money Back Guarantee since 2008 that is essentially "no questions asked". And the cost of that guarantee is generally borne by the seller, not eBay.

eBay was not present to observe what you packed and shipped, nor was eBay there to observe what the buyer received. Every "Not as Described" dispute on eBay is essentially a "he said, she said" situation so eBay does not require the buyer to send you pictures because that does not prove anything.

"Reporting" the buyer to eBay might make you feel better but it will not change the outcome of the dispute. Generally speaking, the Money Back Guarantee allows any buyer to steal any item from any seller and that has been true since 2008.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply