cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help responding to a buyers message

i sold an item 2 days ago they paid i shipped it out yesterday it is an international buyer no biggie i ship to  the kentucky place they ship out of the country well i get a message today that says 

I want to cancel bicos I bote bay mistake end the shipping is ekspensif. I'm sory

i replied i cant do anything it has already shipped!

he had to know how much the shipping was and i dont know how much it was on the out of the country part by my in the county part was less than $8 and i had to message ebay and file a non payment claim because they did not pay right away. what can be don so i dont get well i dont know any other way to say it scre wed  any help is welcome

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: I need help responding to a buyers message

its  ok i think i answered all the responses now i was just looking to see if there was anything else i needed to say to the buyer or do or just wait or what  

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

I kow this does not address your issue, but considering the buyer costs involved , and the seller pitfalls with the GSP I don't really see anthing in your active/completed listings that I would even bother to try to sell international.slight_smile

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

No, no, i didn't mean to imply you did anything wrong at all. Just looking for more info so those here can give you the most pertinent advice. You absolutely are correct--never ship before payment clears. Like you say, it is not sold until the funds are received in your PayPal. Just to clarify, did the buyer tell you they didn't want the item after it was already shipped? If not, a seller can cancel a sale at the buyer's request without getting a mark against their account.  It sounds like your buyer was taken aback by the cost of international shipping/duty tax. That does happen with the GSP. Often the same item can ship for much less by using First Class International postage. (For items 4 pounds or less.) You might consider that at some future date. Shipping internationally can seem daunting but ebay makes it easier to mail using their labels.

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

no he never replied anything to me untill after he paid and i shipped it  yeah i feel that way if he didnt want it he could have said something first i did not know it was going to allow international but did not worry since they had the new program had lots of problems with buyers before having to ship internat. myself i thought i put no international but with the program its ok i guess ill have to put a blurb at the end if you are an international buyer please make sure you are ok with the amt for shipping befoe you bid and or pay. it does show them how much for all shipping before they bid like it does local right 

Message 19 of 29
latest reply

i was not trying to sell out of the country i actually thought i had it blocked due to problems before but since the new program it was ok but now i need to make sure to find out how to block i guess

Message 20 of 29
latest reply

If they thought the shipping was too much why did they not just ask you to cancel the order before the three days. They paid after the non paying bidder thing . Sounds weird.

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

Your rambling, with no punctuation, makes it difficult to understand what happened. Folks on the Board are very helpful if they clearly know the sequence of events.

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

i felt the same way thanks

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

sorry the no puncts. bother u i am used to typing on fb and on a live chat not a board and i dont use punct. i am not rambling either but merely answering to the replies as i see them 

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

Below are links with the info on how to exclude international locations from your listings:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html

https://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/shipping-costs.html#where

Specifying your ship to locations

You can exclude certain states, territories, regions, or countries from the places you're willing to ship to.

To exclude certain shipping locations:
  1. Go to My eBay > Account > Site Preferences or Seller Hub > Shortcuts > Site preferences. You may need to sign in.

2. Click the Show link to see the Shipping Preferences section.

3. Click the Edit link next to Exclude shipping locations from your listings.

4. Select the states, territories, countries, or regions you don't want to ship to. You can exclude entire continents or select Show all countries, and then select the specific countries you want to exclude.

5. Select the Override my shipping exclusions for Global Shipping Program eligible items checkbox if you'd like to allow your eligible items to be shipped to all Global Shipping Program countries.

6. Click the Apply button to save your selections.

Also, there are settings in PayPal to block international payments. Blocking payments in currencies i do not hold, and Blocking payments from payers with Non-US PayPal accounts. Link following:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/admin/setup-account/#block-certain-kinds-of-payments

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

@romanmelynda wrote:

they did not pay right away i did the non payment then they paid then i shipped now they want money back but it already shipped

Again, never email a buyer who has not paid for an item. Simply set your Unpaid Item Assistant for four days and if no payment is received, it kicks in. It is clear the buyer had second thoughts about the item and paid unwillingly. Then changed their mind again. Some irritated buyers will buy out of spite and return it. They also could be trying to scam you knowing you already sent the item and you have no way to get it back. 

Do not refund the buyer. Tell them when they receive the item they should return it for a refund. You probably will not hear back from them. 

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

@romanmelynda wrote:

i sold an item 2 days ago they paid i shipped it out yesterday it is an international buyer no biggie i ship to  the kentucky place they ship out of the country well i get a message today that says 

I want to cancel bicos I bote bay mistake end the shipping is ekspensif. I'm sory

i replied i cant do anything it has already shipped!

he had to know how much the shipping was and i dont know how much it was on the out of the country part by my in the county part was less than $8 and i had to message ebay and file a non payment claim because they did not pay right away. what can be don so i dont get well i dont know any other way to say it scre wed  any help is welcome

Message the buyer and explain the item has already been shipped. If he/she wants a refund, have them mail the item back to you.

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

If I understand correctly, the item that was included in the GSP program sold to an international buyer.  The buyer was slow in paying so you filed a UID and the buyer paid so you shipped the item as you were required to do.  Now the buyer wants to cancel the order.  Is that the deal?

I would advise the buyer that it was too late to cancel the order because it had already been shipped by you to the GSP shipping center in Kentucky.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 28 of 29
latest reply

I'm in Australia and for smaller items sent via GSP, it can be very expensive (large, bulky items it's actually cheaper). An example is, a pair of earrings might show $US55 postage via GSP, rather than say $10 via USPS. A way to make the postage cost for international buyers a bit less is to add the weight and dimensions into your listing. It will still be dearer than First Class International, but not outrageously. If the weight and dimensions aren't in the listing, the amount gets pade up by Pitney Bowes.

A lot of sellers in the US (and now the UK) don't realise that eBay kindly opted them into the GSP when it started. Sellers who didn't want to ship internationally, were now getting international buyers. That's fine for some things, but other things aren't suitable to be shipped overseas. Those items are usually retained by Pitney Bowes and sold on their eBay account. Most of the time the buyers have no idea why their item didn't arrive and the seller is the one getting all the abuse. 

If you don't want to sell internationally, follow the steps above, making sure you opt out of the GSP as well. 

Message 29 of 29
latest reply